PDA

View Full Version : Which cast member of 'Peanuts' grows up to become a serial killer?

Fifthfiend
10-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Frankly, you know one of them is going to.

(Discussion originated by this guy (http://drunklaw.blogspot.com/2005/09/what-happens-when-i-dont-take-my-add.html).)

Suggestions that none of them grows up to be a serial killer simply do not bear discussion.

See I'm thinking Marcie. It's always the quiet one you'd never think to notice. And all that 'sir' shit. "Good afternoon, sir." "Is that really a good idea sir?" "Put the lotion in the fucking basket, sir." It just fits.

ZERO.
10-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Yep, Linus is going to fucking snap. I think that he's going to become a serial killer along the lines of Hannibal Lecter or Ted Bundy - the kind of brilliant psychopath that nightmares are made of. Whether Linus is actually going to eat people is debatable, but his future propensity for homicide is fucking solid.

I just hope he starts with the annoying little shits from Family Circus. Fuck it.

Hey if he kills those annoying little fucks, I will make sure he gets out of prison and is treated like a hero.

Fifthfiend
10-29-2005, 12:49 AM
Hey if he kills those annoying little fucks, I will make sure he gets out of prison and is treated like a hero.

I think Garfield has it coming more, really.

Specterbane
10-29-2005, 09:55 PM
Well as for Garfeild (http://www.petprofessional.net/archive.php?archive=20051026)

Other wise I'd actualy say Linus might be ok, cause he's got religion form the Christmas Special, but that could go either way. But what about Lucy and her need for empowerment? Don't you think she might grow up to be a cerial rapist or something like on CSI or some other crime drama? Gosh I can see it now, CSI: Peanuts! Comeing this fall to NBC! One things for sure Charlie Brown's the detective.

Squishy Cheeks
10-29-2005, 09:58 PM
http://www.acidlogic.com/graphics/cover_art/weaponbrown.jpg

Wetflame
10-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Woodstock. His beak is going to turn into an evil pecking blade of doom.

Melavio
10-30-2005, 12:11 AM
It's going to be Pigpen. When the unhealthy obsessions start at his age, they will only lead down the road of dispair and destruction.

ElfLad
10-30-2005, 01:49 AM
Rerun. The youngest child always has the most problems.

Nique
10-30-2005, 02:18 AM
I'll deviate from the serial killer scenario a bit...

Charlie Brown - Classic Scenario. Bald kid get's picked on by bully (Lucy), berated by 'friends' and snubbed by his own dog. I'm thinking he get's himself stuck in multiple abusive relationships, and eventually turns to a life of drugs and/or achohol abuse.

Linus - Addictive personality (the blanket). If not kept in check, he could very easily be lead from 'innocent' expiramentation with a few low-risk street drugs, to a full-blown addict to everything under the sun. There's nothing he won't do to get his next fix.

Lucy - You know what? This freaky little girl just turns into Lex Luthor. Thats all I gotta say.

Pepermint Patty - Growing up in a single parent family can be difficult, esspecially for androgenious young women with a infiriority complex about their appearance, and insomnia. If P.P. (Bwah-ha! The initials!) is going to have any kind of healthy life, its going to be a heavily medicated one as well.

Franklin - Um... Franklin never did much other than be the only black charecter, and he was pretty well-off personality wise, as I recall. If one of these other loonies doesn't stab him for a quick buck, maybe he'll wind up as the mayor of whatever town their from or something. He'll be just like Goldie Wilson... "I like the sound of that..."

Pigpen - Pigpen will fulfill his lifelong dream, and become the best garbage man in town. The rest of his life, however, will be a mess.

Schoder - Other than the physcological implications of being disgusted by all women via the unrelenting onslaughts of 'romance' by someone who you not only loathe, but is hidious to look at and listen to, he might be able to squeak out a living from the tips he gets from playing the piano in the supermarket-deli.

Marcie - Doesn't Marcie grow up to drive around in the mystery machine with scooby and the gang, now going by her middle name 'Velma'? Stoners, all of them.

Snoopy - Snoopy, being recognized as the talented, dexterious, anthropomorphic dog he is, will finally get his Pilot's lisense, and then be drafted into the military at the begining of WWIII. His arch-rival in the war dubs himself 'The Red-Baron', and the two pilots clash in battle constantly throughout the war. He writes letters of his heriocs to publishers back home, but they do not meet current needs.

Raiden
10-30-2005, 08:53 PM
I agree. Charlie is going to be the first one to snap.

And when he does, Lucy is going to get a football through the brain.

CrazyBen
11-01-2005, 11:16 AM
I think it'll be Linus. He's probably going to kill Lucy and make her shin into a new security blanket after she destroys his.

Doug
11-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Nah, he'll probably the lost of his blanket as a sign of maturity.

Charlie on the other hand, will be a killer if it keeps up.

mauve
11-01-2005, 04:10 PM
I don't think Charlie will end up going down that road. His self-esteem is kaput. He'd be to depressed to do anything.

Marcie and Linus will end up uber-powerful corporate executives who got their jobs by being really nice to the head honcho and then stabbing them in the back when they're not looking. They're soft-spoken and mild-tempered, and probably incredibly passive-aggressive. I like them.

Sally might end up snapping, if the horrors of repeated rejection by Linus finally get to her.

Squishy Cheeks
11-01-2005, 04:19 PM
http://www.acidlogic.com/graphics/cover_art/weaponbrown.jpg

Charlie Brown will be incorporated into secret military experiments and turned into a living weapon. he will then go on a killing rampage and hunt down all those that humiliated him as a child. Starting with Dr. Van Pelt.

Lord Bitememan
11-02-2005, 09:58 PM
It's important to differentiate between the psychopathology of those who become serial killers and those who snap and kill people. Serial killers are dispassionate. They have a death of emotional response due to deep-seeded personality defect. They experiance no sense of guilt, remorse, etc. for their actions, and also experiance no such things as joy and emotional highs.

A mass murderer, on the other hand, are the perpetually rejected, thrwarted, frustrated types who bottle up anger and rage for lengthy periods of time till the inevitable overflow. Rather than cold, calculating, methodical killers, these types tend to react abruptly in violent explosions killing everyone they can in a brief, violent episode.

Therefore the most likely serial killer is cold, emotionless Marcie.
The most likely mass murderer is perpetually picked-on, shot down Charlie Brown.

As for the other characters:
Linus: Suffers from a major anxiety disorder which he copes with via a compulsive attatchment to his blankie.
Pigpen: Major sexual deviant. Will engage in feco-related eroticism.
Peppermint Pattie: No mental illness, will live a happy productive life with her same-sex partner.
Schroder: Same as Peppermint Pattie.
Franklin: Minor inferiority complex stemming from racial identification issues, will ultimately enter and graduate college, lead a successful life, and feel only moderate guilt in voting Republican.
Lucy: Has a controlling complex. Will become an overbearing mother, and possibly a dominatrix wife.
Sally Brown: Typical middle-class wife, feels vague boredom and dissatisfaction with life that leads to brief, or long-term affair with either mailman or pool-boy.
The Little Red-Headed Girl: Gunned down by Charlie Brown in afore-mentioned violent episode.

Lockeownzj00
11-03-2005, 06:08 AM
They experiance no sense of guilt, remorse, etc. for their actions, and also experiance no such things as joy and emotional highs.

This is not true. I know you are tryign to distinguish between serial killers and crimes of passion, but they're no different. They're just different in extremity. Oftentimes, the serial killer is cold and dead because they rationalize it out. Haven't you ever heard of doublethink? The concept is very real. People lie to themselves all the time. Only a certain brand of, let's say perverted, ultra-sadistic serial killers truly enjoy killing. And is that not possible? While I don't condone it, if you like hunting animals, wouldn't hunting human beings be the "ultimate chase?" So it's not like they're all crazy. Indeed, a lot of them simply make routine bad decisions, and take things too far.

I just think it's naive to say they 'don't experience emotions.'

Lord Bitememan
11-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Yet Albright's background, even filled as it was with accomplishment, supports the possibility of a diagnosis of psychopathy: the manipulative, intelligent charmer who lies easily, exploits others, and honors only himself, without remorse for harm he may do to others.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/weird/charles_albright/12.html

As Jack Apsche (1993) makes clear, serial murderers see themselves as dominant, controlling and powerful figures. They hold the power of life and death, and in their own eyes, they perceive themselves as God. In their fantasies and their enactment of the murder, they become God. This is actually probably the only power they have ever had, and for this reason they savor and continue to persist. As B.F Skinner proved in ‘Science and Human Behavior’, once a killer has tasted the success of a kill, and is not apprehended, it will ultimately mean he will strike again. He put it simply, that once something good has happened, something that made the killer feel good, and powerful, then they will not hesitate to try it again. The first attempt may leave them with a feeling of fear, revulsion and remorse, as stated by Ted Bundy to psychologists on the eve of his execution in 1989; but at the same time, it is like an addictive drug. Some killers revisit the crime scene or take trophies, such as jewelry or body parts, or video tape the scenario so as to be able to re-live the actual feeling of power at a latter date.

http://www.uplink.com.au/lawlibrary/Documents/Docs/Doc5.html

They feel excluded from the group that they wish to belong to, and develop an irrational, eventually homicidal, hatred of that group. Invariably, they choose to die in an explosion of violence directed at a group they feel oppresses, threatens, or excludes them.

http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/murder1.html

So, you're wrong on both accounts. 1. Serial killers do lack remorse and kill to experiance a high, and 2. mass murders are not crimes of passion but are explosive psychopathic episodes.

Fifthfiend
11-06-2005, 01:20 AM
The Little Red-Headed Girl: Gunned down by Charlie Brown in afore-mentioned violent episode.

I like to imagine that the Little Red-Haired Girl is the one who ends up having to talk Charlie down off the bell tower.

FunkyBlackMage
11-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Charlie's behind the mask.