PDA

View Full Version : Best purchase you've made recently

Green Spanner
01-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Hey guiz I'm back with a new Pointless Question Time!*

So over the weekend, my boiler blew up, leaving my flat with no hot water. Naturally, it was so freezing that my piss was practically coming out as icicles.

So then I went out an bought a heater. It's small and noisy, but holy shit is it the best purchase I've made for a while!

So there's the question; what's the best purchase you've made recently.

*SPOILER:(nobody cares)

Toast
01-20-2010, 09:23 AM
I recently got an Orudios (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Einhander/DSCN3793.jpg). I actually used to own one when it was released as a technozoids evil pegasus, but it got sold at a lawn sale for $10 15-16 years ago. If I'd have waited, I could have sold it on ebay for around $200.

I regret selling it for other reasons, too. Back then I was just a little kid and I played with it alongside my micromachines and my G.I. Joes. But as early as my mid-teens I got into collecting zoids just as a model kit hobby. It's nice to have one again.

pocheros
01-20-2010, 09:46 AM
A new pair of running shoes, because now I actually feel like going to the gym instead of sitting on my ass whenever I'm not working. >_>

greed
01-20-2010, 09:52 AM
A pair of sunglasses. Now I don't squint whenever I'm outside during any month other than winter. After wearing them for a month or two now I can't believe I never had a pair before.

Si Civa
01-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Well, I ordered today one entrance examination book*, so I guess that's quite good thing. It was cheap too, under 10 euros. :|
Now if I only could find motivation for reading.

But that's not the best purchase though; Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here is still the best dang album I've listened. <3

*Is there any other word (that doesn't look ugly) for those books?

A Zarkin' Frood
01-20-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm torn between the V for Vendetta DVD I bought and the Venetian Snares album "My Downfall"
I seem to be a sucker for Vsnares recently.

EDIT: Goddamnit, how could I forget my new headphones? I love you headphones.

Rejected Again
01-20-2010, 12:45 PM
New Guitar. I'm actually playing again.

Hawk
01-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah I'm gona echo IG and go with earphones, seeing as they're about the only thing I've bought recently. I can actually hear my ipod now, it's wonderful!

Locke cole
01-20-2010, 01:19 PM
I got a pretty nice silvered ring today. It was only 19 bucks and it looks cool.

CelesJessa
01-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Technically it was for Christmas but I still had to pay for a portion of it so I'll say my tablet. It is the single best thing I've gotten in a long time. I can't believe how much more I like drawing(which is saying something because I loved drawing before) when I'm not trying to finagle with my mouse. And all of the quick keys and pressure sensitivity is magical.

Hanuman
01-20-2010, 01:46 PM
A water heater blew up, which is awesome, so tell us about the damage?

TIME BOMB
01-20-2010, 01:50 PM
i bought lunch today, possibly the best thing i bought since dinner last night. I love pizza.

Bells
01-20-2010, 03:33 PM
http://www.symbol-computers.co.il/images/easycap.jpg

A portable Video Capture USB device for my PC for just $8? SWEET!

And now i can enter the realm of "Watch videos of me playing stuff!"

Darth SS
01-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Last year in March I bought a pair of aviators at a Co-op gas station for 5$. They were my best purchase of the decade. They're heavily smoked so they're totally reflective, rendering my eyes invisible to the common passerby, and they just look good on me.

Hanuman
01-20-2010, 10:22 PM
http://www.woot.com/
Awesome Deal
Every Day

The Argent Lord
01-22-2010, 12:02 AM
My iPod Touch. It's very good at exacerbating my sleep schedule problems.

Kim
01-22-2010, 12:26 AM
A little ways back I bought a Hatsune Miku pillow that was pretty rad. That's probably the only purchase in recent memory that I don't regret.

Pip Boy
01-22-2010, 07:20 AM
My new computer. Its pretty good, and even if its not top of the line, it beats the hell out of my old PoS computer. The old computer struggled to play runescape. Now I can finally play Starcraft II when it comes out.

Token
01-22-2010, 09:32 AM
My iPod Touch is a glorious sexy thing, and I love it more than life itself. :D

PCD
01-22-2010, 10:19 AM
I've been studying Frank Sinatra as a focus project for school, this quarter. Thusly, yesterday, I bought a fedora and suspenders. I feel like a badass.

Yrcrazypa
01-22-2010, 12:14 PM
A DS Lite and Pokemon Platinum. Wow those ten hours after the purchase went by FAST.

akaSM
01-23-2010, 01:28 AM
http://www.symbol-computers.co.il/images/easycap.jpg

I bought the same thing but for $11. Not as cheap as Bells' but equally awesome. Just wondering, where did you get yours?

Bells
01-23-2010, 10:06 AM
eBay! I'm just cheap as all hell and always look for the lowest price coming from the best sellers (From Hong Kong with Free shipping).

Doc ock rokc
01-23-2010, 05:55 PM
I was going to say My New computer that i had on hold. but they put it on clearance and now they are sold out...
Yes I am pissed off.

A Zarkin' Frood
01-23-2010, 06:09 PM

I got one of those as well and I already made something that sucks immensely with it (I'll probably somehow release it soon to see what people think).
But it's cool to be able to make videos of me playing stuff.

The Argent Lord
01-23-2010, 08:10 PM
I've heard bad things about Easycap, since people here have it, may I ask if it's any good? Also, is it compatible with Vista?

Bells
01-23-2010, 08:41 PM
The only problem with Easycap is that people buy a 10$ video capture card from hong Kong and expect it to work like a $300 capture card... it works fine.

The only real problem are the drivers, some people have problems with it. I had to download an updated version of the drivers from the web, and it took me some google-time to figure it out, now it works like a charm.

I know it works on Vista, there is a newer model proper for it. About the same price too.

The Sevenshot Kid
01-24-2010, 02:58 AM
Dragonslayer on DVD. I dare you to think of anything better.

akaSM
01-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Hey Bells, could you post a video sample captured with that thing? I'll get mine in "7 to 10 working days" but, I'd like to see how good is it.

Back on topic, I got new Super Mario Bros. Wii, and now I know that my mom and sister are the COULD YOU STOP JUMPING ON ME WHEN I'M TRYING NOT TO FALL? I've ever faced in a Mario game...or any game at all O_o. It's still great fun since I now have 4 wiimotes, I never thought an yeah, that's pretty much what the game turns into when I play with my mom and sis would be so fun, yet frustrating

Funka Genocide
01-24-2010, 10:50 PM
I totally just bought a Fender Stratocaster in tobacco sunburst and it fills my heart with joy.

Azisien
01-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Probably ME2. Failing that, the Company of Heroes pack for $12!

Ecks
01-25-2010, 05:48 PM
I bought the Family Guy Star Wars two-pack for 21.19 USD (counting tax).

Compare just buying Something, Something, Something, Darkside by itself. For about 17 USD. I essentially bought the first one for all of 3 dollars. Go me!

Red Fighter 1073
01-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Gonna have to go with a future purchase I am making tomorrow:

MOTHERFUCKIN' MASS EFFECT 2 HOLY SHIT!

....yeahhhh I am really really pumped to play it.

Eltargrim
01-25-2010, 07:02 PM
As well you should be. It's fucking awesome. The only reason that I'm not playing right now is that video encoding is D: to my processor, and Mass Effect 2 deserves all of it.

Best purchase recently? A new wallet. The old one killed one of my credit cards D:

Bells
01-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Hey Bells, could you post a video sample captured with that thing? I'll get mine in "7 to 10 working days" but, I'd like to see how good is it.

Hey sorry about the delay, my PC was being a bitch about uploading anything... i managed to upload a quick video on Mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ir4hvwjjmy0

Managed to put the thing on my Youtube account too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExQuvK7kdnI

akaSM
01-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Hey sorry about the delay, my PC was being a bitch about uploading anything... i managed to upload a quick video on Mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ir4hvwjjmy0

Thanks :). I got a 500GB USB hard disk today, which means I'll be able to mess up my laptop even more without fear of messing my OS and stuff in a non-fixable way :D. Right now I'm backing up my stuff there, I'll continue with my PC and phone later

Mike McC
01-26-2010, 09:00 PM
I bought a bag of black jellybeans.

They were delicious.

Lady Cygnet
01-27-2010, 02:05 AM
I got some lotion from Bath and Body Works online. They're classic scents that aren't sold in the stores anymore and were on sale. My favorite has always been the Night Blooming Jasmine, but I got Cotton Blossom and Green Clover and Aloe as well. Sammy and I will be well-moisturized and smelling good for the rest of the winter.

Funka Genocide
01-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Asparagus.

seriously roasted asparagus drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper. Sooooo delicious. and not terribly expensive.

Green Spanner
01-27-2010, 05:25 PM
And today I FINALLY managed to get a hold of Robo Vol 3 today.

That was a good purchase I feel.

I should go to that comic mega-store more often, considering a bus route that goes past my flat pretty much goes directly there...

DarkDrgon
01-27-2010, 09:26 PM
ordered a box of 09/10 SPX Hockey. I'm hoping to get a Gilroy rookie, and if god likes me, The all Rangers Trios. However, if I get nothing good it will ahve been a worthless buy, and I will edit this post accordingly

Wigmund
01-27-2010, 09:50 PM
I didn't buy him, but my cat's the best acquisition I've made in a long time.

Phantom7
01-28-2010, 12:21 AM
Now try not to argue with me when I say this, but I would either have to say Dragon Age Origins or Assassin's Creed 2.