PDA

View Full Version : I thought this was funny at first now it just makes me angry

CABAL49
02-04-2010, 11:25 PM
http://www.menarebetterthanwomen.com/

This hits home to me. I grew up with a single mom who did a kickass job getting me to where I am. Looking through the site just made me angry. Fuck yeah I am a male feminist.

Premmy
02-04-2010, 11:33 PM
This just seems so ridiculous I can't help but assume it's satire.... is there evidence to support it?

Viridis
02-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Oh wow. You don't see much open misogyny like this anymore. It's like a little tree fort with a No Girls Allowed sign.

Funny (in a sad way that invokes pity) and disgusting at the same time.

Edit: Premonitions: If it is satire, there's no easy way to tell. Poe's law allows here pretty well.

CABAL49
02-04-2010, 11:47 PM
It's not satire. Dr. Phil said so. Also I really checked the site out. It is legit.

Premmy
02-04-2010, 11:52 PM
It's not satire. Dr. Phil said so.
That really makes me think it's satire, what with Dr. Phil being an idiot and a liar.

But I also checked around, and it does seem like this Dick guy needs to be set on fire penis first.

Geminex
02-05-2010, 12:44 AM
Good lord, that site is less rational than conservapedia, and that's saying something.

Though in total, I only give it 6 points out of 10. I dislike his style... he says all the angry words, but there's no passion, no hatred. I want to see feeling, man. Don't talk angry, be angry!

Yrcrazypa
02-05-2010, 01:19 AM
There's no way this isn't satire, he says stuff to the effect of men never make a choice to be bad people. Woops! I guess my whole childhood of being tormented by other guys didn't happen! Oh, and it's continuation into adulthood isn't happening either.

Kerensky287
02-05-2010, 01:22 AM
There's no way this isn't satire, he says stuff to the effect of men never make a choice to be bad people. Woops! I guess my whole childhood of being tormented by other guys didn't happen! Oh, and it's continuation into adulthood isn't happening either.

Because men never do bad things ever. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin)

I still think it's a satirical website, what with the article titled "Woman Astronaut Kills Everyone."

Geminex
02-05-2010, 01:28 AM
*Goes back to check*

*Is so going to quote that out of context*

That site needs the mantage to be complete.

Gregness
02-05-2010, 01:35 AM
What I think would be really funny is if the author was a woman epically trolling the entire internet.

Pip Boy
02-05-2010, 02:05 AM
I love that he says women are bad because they would "Vote for Hitler as President" while forgetting to mention in the same breath that Hitler himself was a man.

Amake
02-05-2010, 02:10 AM
I know what'd be funny, let's make girlsarebetterthanboys.something and make it just as silly. It'll be impossible to take seriously and be accused of cryptochauvinism, it'll be post-ironic and shit, and it'll be fun. Who's with me?

By the way, that site might be cryptofeminist. . .

Pip Boy
02-05-2010, 02:16 AM
If someone else has the web-editing skills I can help produce fake news articles and blogs about how women are the superior species.

Amake
02-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Well, we have two writers then. We need a tank and a healer host and an editor and maybe one more DPS, er, writer.

Mirai Gen
02-05-2010, 02:39 AM
Feminism is the idea that women shouldn’t consider themselves happy unless they enjoy the same things men do — and that they should enjoy them at ten times the volume. Have you ever seen a woman pretend to like business or sports? If you have, then you’ve seen the very definition of an overcompensating attention whore. There isn’t a big screen on Earth that can drown out the “mating hoots” of a woman who’s convinced herself she likes basketball.
Without feminism, Women’s Studies “professors” and ten thousand of the ugliest bitches on Earth would have to learn how to fuck properly in order to put a roof over their heads. Because what does life spent promoting women’s issues prepare you for? It’s technically not “marketing” because these dozy broads buy it by the trough. That makes it a cult.
5. Jesus was a man
Out of all the problems that have ever or will ever exist on the Earth, there is only one that men haven’t and will never be able to solve — not because they can’t, because that’s ridiculous, but because the problem is unsolvable by design. Women hate sex.
I'm...I'm sorry, this guy is trolling.

He simply has to be.

Either that or the KKK wasn't looking to expand into a 'misogyny branch' because that right there is fucking bananas.

Viridis
02-05-2010, 02:43 AM
I'm...I'm sorry, this guy is trolling.

He simply has to be.I really don't see much of a difference between trolling and just being an idiot in the regular sense.

One involves malice, the other ignorance, but the end result is the same, especially on the internet where you can't determine intent very well. Does the fact that they're faking being this horrible of a person change much about the content?

Professor Smarmiarty
02-05-2010, 03:01 AM
There is no way that's not satire. The tone of every article is ridiculously tongue in cheek, over the top not serious. It's not even faux serious.

Krylo
02-05-2010, 03:04 AM
I really don't see much of a difference between trolling and just being an idiot in the regular sense.

One involves malice, the other ignorance, but the end result is the same, especially on the internet where you can't determine intent very well. Does the fact that they're faking being this horrible of a person change much about the content?

Yes.

If it were serious (which it's not, as Mirai said, dude's trolling, and as Prem said, Dr. Phil is an idiot), we would have to take it seriously and treat it as an actual... thing. Like Phelps and his website and his people.

If it is trolling, on the other hand, we simply chuckle at it and the people that fall for it.

It's like the difference between Jonathon Swift's modest proposal and Jeffrey Dahmer talking about eating people.

Osterbaum
02-05-2010, 03:24 AM
If this isn't satire, I think I might need to kill someone.

Mirai Gen
02-05-2010, 03:30 AM
I fully well admit he could be serious but goddamn have the dude sectioned in that case - this kind of what-the-fuckery is right up there with Timecube. You have to work really hard to be able to get to that level of logical jumps, misogyny not even withstanding.

katiuska
02-05-2010, 03:33 AM
I really don't see much of a difference between trolling and just being an idiot in the regular sense.

Well, everyone has their own standard of acceptability. It's often hard to tell, but I don't mind jokes too much if I don't think it reflects what the person actually thinks; even if it wasn't trolling I couldn't get too riled up because it's obvious no amount of getting angry (or logic) would change his mind.

Funka Genocide
02-05-2010, 03:38 AM
Well, we have two writers then. We need a tank and a healer host and an editor and maybe one more DPS, er, writer.

I'm fury spec, lets rock this bitch. (bitch as in non-gender specific exclamatory, of course/)

Rejected Again
02-05-2010, 03:50 AM
I'm fury spec, lets rock this bitch. (bitch as in non-gender specific exclamatory, of course/)

Let me see if I can find a web editor and I will Respec Holy do the site up

Kim
02-05-2010, 03:52 AM
I'm fury spec

I keep reading this as "furry spec", and everything makes a lot more sense now.

Funka Genocide
02-05-2010, 03:55 AM
some things are just too weird, even for me.

Amake
02-05-2010, 04:12 AM
So the site is happening fo' reals? Sweet. I'll be writing in the meantime - dibs on the first post. it'll be called "Girls Are Better Than Boys or, A Vindication Of Teh Rights Of Women"

Funka Genocide
02-05-2010, 04:14 AM
"The Subjugation of The Sacred Feminine, Citing Historical References"

wait no... I'd actually be serious.

Premmy
02-05-2010, 04:23 AM
you need more Extreme Rad fem for it....

Kim
02-05-2010, 04:38 AM
"Hitler, Stalin, Vlad the Impaler... All histories worst examples are men! Men are inherently evil, only, rarely, held in check by us women!"

Geminex
02-05-2010, 04:53 AM
No, just make it so that every scientific and politcal innovation ever was a woman's idea.

"It is a little-known fact that WOMEN WON WORLD WAR II!!!
While MEN stayed behind in Britain to work the war economy in FACTORIES, WOMEN fought on the front lines!!

And have you noticed that ALL PRESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES HAVE BEEN MARRIED?
This is because any man needs the HELP and GUIDANCE of a WOMAN to even live modern life, let alone RULE A COUNTRY! This is because MEN are evolutionarily INFERIOR! Their sole purpose was to provide PHYSICAL STRENGTH! Women, on the OTHER HAND provided PLANNING, INTELLECTUAL ABILITY and other qualities that men NEVER DEVELOPED! While in less sophisticated times, STRENGTH may have helped men provide food for their FAMILIES and FORCEFULLY MATE with women, that time has now LONG PAST. In today's world the INHERENT ABILITIES of women are FAR SUPERIOR to those of MEN!!!"

Just more spelling mistakes.

Amake
02-05-2010, 04:59 AM
Not that I want to discourage writing however you like, but I was thinking somewhat more subtle and with made-up facts not directly contradicting common knowledge. Here's what I'm working on for example:

ďAnd woman was created from man, much like diamond is made from coal.Ē

Letís face it, girls are better than boys. Weíre more interesting, more important and smell better. The only reason males even exist among the higher animals, biologically speaking, is to prevent an entire flock from being pregnant at the same time. Yes, boys exist in order to ensure pregnant girls donít have to do so much heavy lifting. Thatís it. Your sole distinguishing feature, gents, is that youíre incapable of doing the coolest and most important thing there is.

Fine, so you mastered war and football in your efforts to deal with that frustration, I guess we have to take the blame for that. Man is a ridiculously aggressive animal, in a different league altogether from every known lifeform, and it occurs to me thatís because heís aware of his fundamental irrelevance. The spirit of boys cry out for meaning, and ruin the world in their pain.

Wouldnít it be most merciful to include them? To make boys able to bear children? In essence, to turn them into girls? Or, you know, get rid of at least 99% of them. Whichever is easiest.

Funny tidbit: If we assume a womanís fertile age averages to about 15-40 years, and a manís to 15-75, and a man produces 100 000 000 sperm a day, and we allow one year for a pregnancy, we would need about one man per 88 000 000 000 women to propagate the human race - propagate the holy fuck out of it I might add. Thatís eighty-eight thousand million, which in scientific terms means ďA lotĒ.

Even allowing for paternal twins.

But letís not get bogged down in biological science, since it involves childbirth and that makes the average boy freak out. Did I mention girls are more interesting as well as more important? Itís true. The laws of dramatic storytelling flat out say that a womanís struggles, her pains and hopes and fears and triumphs et cetera are more captivating, more rewarding and more meaningful than a manís.

Letís take a look at the epically silly movie Armageddon for an example. Itís the one where Bruce Willis saves the world? Okay, thatís not specific enough. Itís the one where Bruce Willis saves the world from a Texas-sized asteroid by flying a spaceship there with his good buddies and drilling holes in it, while his daughter Liv Tyler sits passively back on Earth and weeps for him. As well as her boyfriend Ben Affleck.

The point is, except for Affirmative Action Girl Watts thereís only boys in space. And the one actual girl character doesnít do anything much. But when Bruce Willis dies (spoiler) who do we feel with? Sweaty, scruffy, Ben Affleck squeezing out a tear, or fey, fragile Liv Tyler going ďDaddy, noĒ with her voice all a-cracking and hand touching the video screen static? Itís no contest. The latter shot is the one that sells the whole movie; Iíve actually seen people choke back tears from it.

Si Civa
02-05-2010, 05:08 AM
I remember this Kurt Vonnegut's book where major woman character says that wars* are basically and merely just way for men to get raping women.
You could always mention that, even though it may be little bit too dark.

But let's not get dark and edgy. Put there some poems (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sappho) so everybody will be happy, sunshine and rainbow all the time. Yay.

*Especially World War II, Germany strikes back, for some strange reason hmm.

Hanuman
02-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Funniest youtube video I've seen in a long time actually.
I give this guy a 9/10 trollscore, 10/10 is getting on fox news.

But yeah, great angle, he shot at women and got them riled up on a deep level then amplified it with manipulative charm playing on their daddy issues and boyfriend troubles as emotional background fodder.

Don't get me wrong, it's a really childish thing to do, but that doesn't mean it's not hilarious how many people get trollbaited into this.

Ryong
02-05-2010, 04:59 PM
This feels familiar. (http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm)

Hanuman
02-05-2010, 05:02 PM
This feels familiar. (http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm)
http://www.timecube.com/

Ryong
02-05-2010, 05:12 PM

I...What?

What?

...I need a drink.

Green Spanner
02-05-2010, 05:21 PM
...I need a drink.

I've had a drink and it makes my head hurt...

Token
02-05-2010, 05:23 PM

What the cock? I'd heard about that, but I've never actually seen it.... wow.

Mirai Gen
02-05-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who made a Timecube comparison; "Women hate sex! They must, because they're not men!!!" is pretty much even-stevens with "Earth is in a four-cornered time cube! EDUCATED STUPID!!!"

Amake
02-05-2010, 05:31 PM
I think that guy's mind was blown upon realizing how there can be sunrise, noon, sunset and midnight somewhere on Earth, at the same time. And he's so stuck on that thought he's founded an entire, badly grammared cosmology around it while forgetting such basic concepts such that a) there's quite a bit more than four different degrees of sunlight throughout a day and b) a cube has eight corners, not four.

Mirai Gen
02-05-2010, 06:00 PM
New York already had a timesquare - he probably didn't want people to think he was a hack.

Amake
02-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Yeah, with his spelling there's probably no difference between timesquare and time's square. But anyway, the point is he's full of shit. Everyone knows spacetime is a supersphere. :)

Token
02-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah, with his spelling there's probably no difference between timesquare and time's square. But anyway, the point is he's full of shit. Everyone knows spacetime is a supersphere. :)

It's a triangular prism, you heathen.

Premmy
02-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Funniest youtube video I've seen in a long time actually.
I give this guy a 9/10 trollscore, 10/10 is getting on fox news.

But yeah, great angle, he shot at women and got them riled up on a deep level then amplified it with manipulative charm playing on their daddy issues and boyfriend troubles as emotional background fodder.
Don't get me wrong, it's a really childish thing to do, but that doesn't mean it's not hilarious how many people get trollbaited into this.

Troll? Troll? troll.

Anyway, about the "Feminist" version

See, the thing is, when x opressed group does the same thing, there's still the fact that there's at least a spec of truth, whereas this guy is just so completely off the wall it makes it "Funny"

Viridis
02-05-2010, 11:13 PM
The Time Cube guy I've always found hilarious. He seriously believe he's discovered time zones and that there's a conspiracy to hide this.

The guy seriously sounds like an unmada (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitlele3vpxbe?from=Main.GeniusTheTransgression).

Hanuman
02-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Troll? Troll? troll.

Anyway, about the "Feminist" version

See, the thing is, when x opressed group does the same thing, there's still the fact that there's at least a spec of truth, whereas this guy is just so completely off the wall it makes it "Funny"
The feminist version would not work because the majority of men don't have either the hormones and history of discrimination to be offended in the first place. Go ahead Ms.trolling feminist woman, make fun of men all you like but the majority of men are just not trollbait in this way. Sure, you could drag race into it and because of the history of discrimination it would get srs again, but no where near this funny.

Anyway, about Timecube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn2UCqL5qyo

You can clearly see he is srs, but the show BUZZ interviewed him much better.

Premmy
02-06-2010, 02:20 AM
I really just fail to see the humor or fun in trolling, so I'm going to step out.

DFM
02-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Edit: Holy shit there were two more pages.

Edit 2:

...amplified it with manipulative charm playing on their daddy issues and boyfriend troubles as emotional background fodder

Lev you better be satire, I'll break your dick.

Amake
02-06-2010, 02:43 AM
I don't think trolling is fun either. Girlsarebetterthanboys is funny precisely because it's inoffensive. It's doing the exact same thing without anyone taking offense, which makes it brutally clear how ridiculous the other site is that lives only on offense.

For generous values of "doing", anyway. How are things, Rejected? ^_^

Premmy
02-06-2010, 02:54 AM
He's going on and on about trolling, making bullshit statements, and using chan-speak. Obviously he's trolling. Don't respond.

DFM
02-06-2010, 02:55 AM
In my defense I like to reply to threads without reading them.

Premmy
02-06-2010, 02:57 AM
I don't think trolling is fun either. Girlsarebetterthanboys is funny precisely because it's inoffensive. It's doing the exact same thing without anyone taking offense, which makes it brutally clear how ridiculous the other site is that lives only on offense.

For generous values of "doing", anyway. How are things, Rejected? ^_^

You really underestimate the types of people who use the "word" "Feminazis"

Mirai Gen
02-06-2010, 03:01 AM
Dooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt.

I don't think he's lolsatireing.

Hanuman
02-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Of course it's a satire, but its also got a pretty correct basis, the reason why anyone would get mad at my post is the same reason they'd get mad at that guy, a weak sense of humor/basis of past experience playing on emotions/hormones/possibly a righteous or proprietary disposition.

Spock would eyebrow quizzical, data would stare blankly and agree though bring up how it would be a hyperbole to assume this is true of everyone, Q would lol.

Kim
02-06-2010, 01:04 PM
a weak sense of humor/basis of past experience playing on emotions/hormones/possibly a righteous or proprietary disposition.

Or maybe the people who think being offensive for the sake of being offensive is funny are the ones with the problem. That's how I see it anyways.

Archbio
02-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Of course it's a satire, but its also got a pretty correct basis

Having cake, meet eating cake.

DFM
02-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Trolling is just playing devil's advocate for reprehensible positions. Good trolls are obviously more subtle about it, you can't just jump in and defend the holocaust.

Hanuman
02-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Trolling is just playing devil's advocate for reprehensible positions. Good trolls are obviously more subtle about it, you can't just jump in and defend the holocaust.

I would say that's debatable, I would say a good troll is one who gets the most rise out of their target, and the least rise or possibly enjoyment out of the audience. (A good example would be S. Colbert vs socially retarded leftists.)

I would say the most impact-heavy or effective troll is one who trolls in a way that no one even thinks of classifying it as trolling and gets maximum rise from the audience, but at that point it stops being childish as much as malicious which I do not support at all.

On the other side of that spectrum you have trolls who believe they are helping someone, like the metaphorical imaging of FF Tactics, which I do entirely support if done with good intent, even if the effect is somewhat less that desired.

Premmy
02-06-2010, 10:47 PM
I would say that's debatable, I would say a good troll is one who gets the most rise out of their target, and the least rise or possibly enjoyment out of the audience. (A good example would be S. Colbert vs socially retarded leftists.)

I would say the most impact-heavy or effective troll is one who trolls in a way that no one even thinks of classifying it as trolling and gets maximum rise from the audience, but at that point it stops being childish as much as malicious which I do not support at all.
You're applying the concept of "Troll" to the concept of "Satirist"
A "Troll" is a blunt-force, piss-people off specialist
a Satirist makes a statement about something via multiple methods, usually by ballooining the aspects of X they find mos deplorable.
Trolling is'nt complex it's
"Haha, they're pissed off"

Archbio
02-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Trolling is just basically a lack of empathy. This thing about the virtue of laughing along with trolling and congratulation trolls is just double-trolling.

DFM
02-06-2010, 10:58 PM
It's good work you do here, Lev

Hanuman
02-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Trolling for lulz, trawling for laughs.
In a very web-meme sense disruptive trolling has become the standard, but trolling actually means to incite [emotions/an outcome] in a large trawler rigging type way... basically it's the equivalent of a fishing a loaded gun debate... it just happens that one of the best tactics for people who want to act childish is to fish a loaded gun debate which inflames or leads nowhere.

Premmy
02-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Dumb-ass shit that spawns from fourchan and is only really funny for five seconds and is then repeated tirelessly by dumbshits
Had to do thatwould say a good troll is one who gets the most rise out of their target, and the least rise or possibly enjoyment out of the audience.
See, this directly contradicts this:
disruptive trolling has become the standard, but trolling actually means to incite [emotions/an outcome] in a large trawler rigging type way... basically it's the equivalent of a fishing a loaded gun debate...

In that you're saying in the First post that "trolling" is about pinpoint pissing individuals off. Whereas in your second post you say it's about pissing as many people off as possible. either way you're pointlessley pissing people off because it makes you happy, which makes you a dick.
"I take pleasure from other people's unhappiness" Is pretty much textbook dick.

All of this stuff sounds like justification from the type of people who can't just accept that they're dicks, or change their dickish behavior.

it just happens that one of the best tactics for people who want to act childish is to fish a loaded gun debate which inflames or leads nowhere.

My point exactly. Trolling is douchebag behavior by definition. Pissing people off for the sake of doing it.

Archbio
02-06-2010, 11:21 PM
All of this stuff sounds like justification from the type of people who can't just accept that they're dicks, or change their dickish behavior.

Or, you know, it's double-trolling.

I really wouldn't expect too much.

Premmy
02-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Or, you know, it's double-trolling.

I really wouldn't expect too much.

It's only effective trolling If I get pissed. Everyone here knows I like to run my mouth and call people dicks, this is shit I'd do if noone had said anything. Back on topic.

I am starting to wonder about this guy(Masterson) after remembering Conservapedia exists......

Hanuman
02-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Dumb-ass shit that spawns from fourchan and is only really funny for five seconds and is then repeated tirelessly by dumbshits
Well, to give 4chan all the credit for internet trends would be too kind on 4chan, generally the only stuff on 4chan is repeats, otherwise it's flushed away downstream.
I agree though.

In that you're saying in the First post that "trolling" is about pinpoint pissing individuals off. Whereas in your second post you say it's about pissing as many people off as possible. either way you're pointlessley pissing people off because it makes you happy, which makes you a dick.
"I take pleasure from other people's unhappiness" Is pretty much textbook dick.

Disruptive troll is a standard for terminology, as in it has become your definition of trolling because it is their definition for trolling. Trolling as I was trying to explain precedes it's common definition and it's label.

Trawling emotions is manipulative but is no where near malicious, it's simply a way to guide the individuals that are exposed to you to an outcome with more fits your intent.
You probably do it subtly all the time if you have a good sense of foresight/social workings... of course not to any applicable example... it's just knowing what will come out of a conversation environment before starting it like any personalized teacher or parent will do.

Just to clarify again, trolling by the web-meme definition is douchebaggy, I agree with you.

PyrosNine
02-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Gah. Internet hate machines. Everyone so free to have stupid opinions without immediate retaliation, or at least free to pretend to have stupid opinions and seem edgy. Dick Masterson gets by with support from being on the internet and being shocking, and for naturally being a lol magnet for people who feel they can also try being dicks online, but would probably be respectful to any girl they met.

The fact that Dick looks like a low budget porn 'actor' doesn't win him any medals, the fact that he has fans with multiple accounts on youtube to mark up sexist comments and mark down any logical retorts to his retardation means that there is an attempt to bolster the appearance of "approval" of his thoughts, and the fact one of those "bitches who need to get on treadmills" haven't kicked his ass is likely that people think he's just trying to be funny and don't take him seriously.

If anything, I'd say to take down the link from the first post to his website because you're inadvertently paying him money through advertisements on his page.

Premmy
02-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Disruptive troll is a standard for terminology, as in it has become your definition of trolling because it is their definition for trolling. Trolling as I was trying to explain precedes it's common definition and it's label.
I'd like some kind of source to demonstrate that "Trolling" as used by you predates it's common use today as "Pissing People off" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet))By your definition, anything done specifically to elicit an emotional response would be considered "Trolling" These songs (http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/playlist/FUCK+YEAH/24747752)would be considered "trolling for awesome"

Trawling emotions is manipulative but is no where near malicious, it's simply a way to guide the individuals that are exposed to you to an outcome with more fits your intent.
You probably do it subtly all the time if you have a good sense of foresight/social workings... of course not to any applicable example... it's just knowing what will come out of a conversation environment before starting it like any personalized teacher or parent will do.
Yes, we call that socializing, or, if being intently selfish, manipulating,
Trolling specifically relates to being a dick.
Just to clarify again, trolling by the web-meme definition is douchebaggy, I agree with you.
The web-meme definition IS the definition.

Hanuman
02-07-2010, 03:59 AM
I agree with most of your points, though the sited link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29) you posted did actually back up the split and chronology between the internet definition and the non meme-based definition.

Trolling specifically relates to
When I say "precedes it's label and definition" I do mean that something can precede its specific definition or exist after the main definition of the word that describes it falls into another meaning and drives the first to obscurity (if not for your link).

BloodyMage
02-07-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't know if this site is serious. It just reminds me of Maddox except with a centralised focus.