PDA

View Full Version : Single's Awareness Day

Inbred Chocobo
02-08-2010, 08:01 AM
So with Single's awareness day coming up, I'm wondering what everyone has planned for that day? I personally have a day filled with nerd gaming activities. (It just so happens that the MTG league play thingy I joined happens on that day, and the night before is my friends and I's dnd session.) Do you plan to gorge yourself with chocolates and cry? Act like nothings happening? Or do you hunt for other singles on this day and act like for a day you are not?

Kim
02-08-2010, 08:09 AM
So with Single's awareness day coming up, I'm wondering what everyone has planned for that day?

Hit on all the cute boys on my MSN messenger list and make them feel real awkward.

CABAL49
02-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Bill Mahr will be in Raliegh so he'll be my Valentine.

Hanuman
02-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Have a cool drink on the hot sands of Cancun.

Funka Genocide
02-08-2010, 11:19 AM
I was not aware that there was a single's awareness day. I guess I will be aware of it this time.

Nikose Tyris
02-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Hit on all the cute boys on my MSN messenger list and make them feel real awkward.
You do that anyway.

Si Civa
02-08-2010, 11:44 AM
The only right thing to do is self-pitying.

I didn't know that this kind of day existed and I'm quite surprised that we don't have this day in Finland too. But then again here in Finland everyday is self-pity day, yaaaaay.

Professor Smarmiarty
02-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Beat up people pining for their unrequited love. It's good times.

Funka Genocide
02-08-2010, 11:47 AM
"Dude... dude are you, holy shit are you fucking pining? Oh my god, hey guys! Check this dude out, he's fucking pining! lets stomp him!"

DFM
02-08-2010, 11:57 AM
PUT YOUR TEETH ON THE CURB!

PUT YOUR TEETH ON THE FUCKING CURB!

Nikose Tyris
02-08-2010, 12:10 PM
The only right thing to do is self-pitying.

I didn't know that this kind of day existed and I'm quite surprised that we don't have this day in Finland too. But then again here in Finland everyday is self-pity day, yaaaaay.

Hey I know this attractive guy who's also single and doesn't want to deal with this day- Maybe I give you his email address and nobody is depressed.

Si Civa
02-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Well, at least I wouldn't get beaten by Smarty and Funka.

Though I'm not sure if my flaming homosexuality is hot enough for him.

Nikose Tyris
02-08-2010, 12:31 PM
It probably is, nobody's quite sure which way he flies.

Si Civa
02-08-2010, 12:34 PM
...I don't want to pick up that soap from the floor anymore.

Tev
02-08-2010, 12:57 PM
I plan on spending it making brownies and eating them while cuddling up with my girlfriend. I mean, that's how I usually spend my Valentine'sSingles Awareness Day....

Osterbaum
02-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Single awareness? Mo' like single supremacy, am I rite?

EDIT: Seriosly Lev, shut the fuck up.

EDIT2: PUT YOUR TEETH ON THE CURB!

PUT YOUR TEETH ON THE FUCKING CURB!

Tev
02-08-2010, 01:04 PM
EDIT: Seriosly Lev, shut the fuck up.You're always so mean to him. I mean, if he wasn't my mortal mix-up name enemy I'd feel bad about how much abuse you sling his way....

Hanuman
02-08-2010, 01:06 PM
You're always so mean to him. I mean, if he wasn't my mortal mix-up name enemy I'd feel bad about how much abuse you sling his way....
Do you have a beard? If not I need to grow one.

Tev
02-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Got a mustache. What does that count as?

Si Civa
02-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Get a room you two Levs.

And tell us all about it later.

Funka Genocide
02-08-2010, 01:17 PM
so this thread is actually "Gay Singles Awareness Day" now right?

Mirai Gen
02-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Sure.

Hawk
02-08-2010, 01:34 PM
nerd gaming activities

Pretty much. I spend enough time self pitying the other 364 days of the year, I deserve a break!

Beat up people pining for their unrequited love. It's good times.

Come near me and you'll be pining for a hospital! =.=

Nikose Tyris
02-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Related: Discussing romantic foods with girlfriend for SAD. Right now we're at: Strawberry and Banana Sandwhiches. We're thinking about having a picnic on the roof of our apartment building, then firing flaming arrows down at the empty parking lot.

Actually she wants do to the flaming arrows I just want the sandwhiches.

krogothwolf
02-08-2010, 01:46 PM
You know, It would be much cooler if you shot flaming arrows at a full parking lot with people standing in line waiting to get sandwiches. Just a thought.

Tev
02-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Related: Discussing romantic foods with girlfriend for SAD. Right now we're at: Strawberry and Banana Sandwiches. We're thinking about having a picnic on the roof of our apartment building, then firing flaming arrows down at the empty parking lot.

Actually she wants do to the flaming arrows I just want the sandwiches.
Dude, we should double date. My girlfriend would be down for the sandwiches and I'm all about the raining fiery death on things.

Funka Genocide
02-08-2010, 01:49 PM
This thread is veritably filled to the brim with reasons why you are all single, or at least should be.

Tev
02-08-2010, 01:54 PM
...or at least should be.It's true. I'm a horrible boyfriend and a very bad influence. :sweatdrop

ÖBut Iím very good at spoiling and thatís why she keeps me around.

Si Civa
02-08-2010, 01:55 PM
You know, It would be much cooler if you shot flaming arrows at a full parking lot with people standing in line waiting to get sandwiches. Just a thought.

It would sparkle some fire into singles' lives if nothing else.

And maybe two lost souls finally meet each other when they're trying to pick up the same sandwhich. Ah, how romantic.

krogothwolf
02-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Pssha, I'm married with a kid! The whole reason is because I blackmailed and drugged her into thinking I'm the greatest person ever. It was win-win!\

And maybe two lost souls finally meet each other when they're trying to pick up the same sandwhich. Ah, how romantic.

Only to their horror, the one they fell in love with at first glance gets impaled by a fiery arrow and ignites, those starting her on fire as well. The two souls die together while running around on fire. A love story for the ages!

Si Civa
02-08-2010, 02:01 PM
It would be truly burning love. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bxxIvPZwG4)

Because everybody loves Elvis.

Nikose Tyris
02-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Dude, we should double date. My girlfriend would be down for the sandwiches and I'm all about the raining fiery death on things.

I would be totally down with this, but I'm 100% certain you do not live in Toronto, Ontario. :(

krogothwolf
02-08-2010, 02:07 PM
I would be totally down with this, but I'm 100% certain you do not live in Toronto, Ontario. :(

People live in Toronto, Ontario?

Nikose Tyris
02-08-2010, 02:13 PM
People live in Toronto, Ontario?

There have been rumors.

krogothwolf
02-08-2010, 02:14 PM
There have been rumors.

Well, give those weirdo's a good showing with your fiery rain of death! And try to plan it out so the bodies felled form a heart shaped area.

Token
02-08-2010, 02:22 PM
so this thread is actually "Gay Singles Awareness Day" now right?

Sure.

Damn. And there I was getting excited. :(

DFM
02-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Put a sign on the thread that says gays only.

Kim
02-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Damn. And there I was getting excited. :(

If you want to come over to my place, I've got a warm blanket and a bottle of wine... I could get you excited all over again.

You do that anyway.

But now I have an excuse.

krogothwolf
02-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Put a sign on the thread that says gays only.

Why? don't you want to lure the unsuspecting ones in here? It's no fun if we can't bring in a few more to the fold.

DFM
02-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Why? don't you want to lure the unsuspecting ones in here? It's no fun if we can't bring in a few more to the fold.

Embrace the power of the darkside.

Amake
02-08-2010, 02:42 PM
I'll probably be playing the videogames (http://www.wow.com/tag/love-is-in-the-air-guide/). A stroke of brilliance by Blizzard I think, making Valentine's day a two week game event that takes your mind off how you're spending Valentine's day alone playing games. . . not that I need my mind taken off anything. :I

Si Civa
02-08-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't know if I should hate or love this thread. It just makes me remember how my own sister thinks I'm gay, how some others think that I'm okay with my inner gay. Heck, even all those Hello sailor jokes I've made. It's so confusing..!

It's like that everybody else knows that I'm gay but I myself don't get it yet.

Funka Genocide
02-08-2010, 02:47 PM
This is the part where Ben Affleck offers to have a threesome with you.

Hanuman
02-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Got a mustache. What does that count as?
It'll have to do, my beard grows into a mane like a lion, and I doubt it would survive the fire.

Kim
02-08-2010, 02:50 PM
It's like that everybody else knows that I'm gay but I myself don't get it yet.

Obviously, the best way to find out would be to have a threesome with two dudes.

Token
02-08-2010, 02:57 PM
If you want to come over to my place, I've got a warm blanket and a bottle of wine... I could get you excited all over again.
[/FONT]

If I steal the wine, it'll get me mad cred with the highschool girls. I can live with that.

Kim
02-08-2010, 03:11 PM
If I steal the wine, it'll get me mad cred with the highschool girls. I can live with that.

Yeah, but then they're gonna wonder why you're walking funny, and I don't think your Charisma stat is high enough to talk yourself out of that one.

Tev
02-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I donít know, the way the girls devour Yaoi these days it may boost his appeal.

Token
02-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Yeah, but then they're gonna wonder why you're walking funny, and I don't think your Charisma stat is high enough to talk yourself out of that one.

I'm a British kid (with an accent) in Ohio. My CHA is out the roof.

Inbred Chocobo
02-08-2010, 03:34 PM
I shoulda known. Anytime anyone puts anything here, leave it to ya'll to make everything gay. Single's awareness day, childrens' birthday parties, friday nights at Joe's Crab Shack. I can't stick anything here without someone trying to stick a pecker in it.

synkr0nized
02-08-2010, 03:34 PM
So, itt, I think I am learning that far more of you are gay than I previously was aware.

Kim
02-08-2010, 03:43 PM
So, itt, I think I am learning that far more of you are gay than I previously was aware.

It's contagious.

Token
02-08-2010, 03:47 PM
It's contagious.

If it was contagious, odds are I'd be gay considering how long I've been lurking. And yet I'm straight (apart from my mancrushes on NPH and David Tennant).

Archbio
02-08-2010, 03:48 PM
I think you've all just made this holiday even more ackward.

Good job!

Kim
02-08-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm straight.

No matter how many times you say it, we still don't believe you.

krogothwolf
02-08-2010, 03:54 PM
No matter how many times you say it, we still don't believe you.

He takes the straightest path to the closest gay he can find.

Token
02-08-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm straight, okay! Just because I kissed that guy that one time...

CABAL49
02-08-2010, 04:12 PM
According to the local crier, masturbation causes homosexuality. Because you are already putting a dick into your hand. So in all reality, the only cure for gayness is for all of us to cut off our dicks.

Amake
02-08-2010, 04:12 PM
So, itt, I think I am learning that far more of you are gay than I previously was aware. Oh, is that what it's about? I really didn't notice. All those years of chatting with furries has apparently left me unable to identify the unusualness of any sexual orientations. :O_o:

synkr0nized
02-08-2010, 04:16 PM
It's not unusual at all. I have clearly just not payed close enough attention to how some folks roll, I guess.

krogothwolf
02-08-2010, 04:17 PM
According to the local crier, masturbation causes homosexuality. Because you are already putting a dick into your hand. So in all reality, the only cure for gayness is for all of us to cut off our dicks.

Man, I hope he's standing on a street corner with a bell going

"Here Ye, Here Ye! Masturbation Makes You Gay Due To Dick In Hand!" Or I will be seriously disappointed.

Si Civa
02-08-2010, 04:21 PM
In my defense I don't know if I'm gay or not, so nobody can really say what I'm.

Obviously, the best way to find out would be to have a threesome with two dudes.

Damn you and your sexy suggestions!

Amake
02-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Man, I hope he's standing on a street corner with a bell going

"Here Ye, Here Ye! Masturbation Makes You Gay Due To Dick In Hand!" Or I will be seriously disappointed. Or picture your average doomsayer prophet with wild beard, dressed in a tattered burlap bag, carrying a sign up and down the street. That'd be the second best sign carried around by a crazy person with a sign ever.

(The best is still "Everything is perfectly all right".)

krogothwolf
02-08-2010, 04:25 PM
In my defense I don't know if I'm gay or not, so nobody can really say what I'm.

You could go to a gay bar! If a guy hits on you, your gay. If a guy doesn't your straight...or you could just be hideous looking.

Goddamnit Invisible Queen. I'm tempted to do that myself to see what would happen.

I feel so bad for my new born daughter. Her father is insane.

Token
02-08-2010, 04:32 PM

Maybe you people who aren't well endowed can only put it in your hands...
On second thought, maybe bringing that up doesn't give me hetero points. :sweatdrop

Amake
02-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Only parents who understand that they are insane can properly prepare their children for the irrational world they're going to live in. :)
Congratulations on the kid is what I mean to say.

Re. bisexuality, I love it. I think to exclude 48-52% of the human race from your sex life on a pre-emptive basis can only be a kind of prejudice. :I

Si Civa
02-08-2010, 04:38 PM
You could go to a gay bar! If a guy hits on you, your gay. If a guy doesn't your straight...or you could just be hideous looking.

Man, I was in bar this one time and one British guy kissed my hand though we didn't chat that much. Shucks, I guess I'm gay now?
The only problem I had him though was that he was going to Afghanistan.

It's kinda sad that in middle of nowhere in Finland* we are training foreigners to battle in Afghanistan.. It makes me little bit angry even.

*My hometown's barracks used to have more international thingies going on but I've heard that one Canadian officer said that he was middle of nowhere when his wife called him. So, our hometown has have less these international things going on for some strange reason.

Amake
02-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Of course Scandinavia is the utter back yard of wilderness that Hell forgot to Canadians. Imagine, way north in the endless white death there's the Inuit territories with like, negative population; past that there's the end of the world and then the north pole, and past the north pole is the north sea, and after that you get to us. It's crazy when you think about it.

Sure you can just go sideways around across the sea instead, but that only compounds how hella far it is; you can get in trouble trying to find the direction to the direction to Scandinavia. It's much easier the other way, we just go to America and then a bit north.

Osterbaum
02-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Remember Si Civa: Don't ask, don't tell.

Hanuman
02-08-2010, 06:53 PM
You could go to a gay bar! If a guy hits on you, your hot. If a guy doesn't you're TOO hot.
Fix'd

CelesJessa
02-08-2010, 07:11 PM
I shoulda known. Anytime anyone puts anything here, leave it to ya'll to make everything gay. Single's awareness day, childrens' birthday parties, friday nights at Joe's Crab Shack. I can't stick anything here without someone trying to stick a pecker in it.

I know! And I didn't even post in here.

I'm so proud of you guys.

Mirai Gen
02-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Blame Lev, Tev, and Noncon.

Though Noncon's kind of an easy target on the make-things-gay-O-meter, since he can do that homosexual bait-and-switch thing.

Bob The Mercenary
02-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Re. bisexuality, I love it. I think to exclude 48-52% of the human race from your sex life on a pre-emptive basis can only be a kind of prejudice. :I

That...

I...

...never thought of it that way.

Kim
02-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Though Noncon's kind of an easy target on the make-things-gay-O-meter, since he can do that homosexual bait-and-switch thing.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

krogothwolf
02-08-2010, 08:12 PM
You know its NonCon's fault when he tries to play innocent.

bluestarultor
02-08-2010, 08:16 PM

I think I have a new sig quote. XD

Hanuman
02-08-2010, 08:54 PM
That's only if the trend follows the label, versus vice versa.

Solid Snake
02-08-2010, 09:16 PM
So, just to clarify:

Did Invisible Queen just make a subtle argument so powerful that Bob the Mercenary and Blues have now effectively become bisexual?

Token
02-08-2010, 09:22 PM
So, just to clarify:

Did Invisible Queen just make a subtle argument so powerful that Bob the Mercenary and Blues have now effectively become bisexual?

I believe so. :eek:

bluestarultor
02-08-2010, 09:41 PM
So, just to clarify:

Nah, but it's a good quote. :D

Nikose Tyris
02-08-2010, 09:41 PM
I think Bob was slooooowly heading in that direction anyway.

I'm not actually gay, despite my RAMPANT flirtations with the same sex at times. I'm just a slutterous whore.

Although to be fair, if the right guy came along I'd probably pounce him too, soooo maybe I'm secretly bi? Like 90% women, and like 10% David Spade.

Kyanbu The Legend
02-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Only parents who understand that they are insane can properly prepare their children for the irrational world they're going to live in. :)
Congratulations on the kid is what I mean to say.

I never looked at it that way. Hmm...

interesting.

BitVyper
02-08-2010, 09:50 PM
I feel so bad for my new born daughter. Her father is insane.

Hey! I am NOT- er.... heh, nevermind. Just forget I said anything.

Nikose Tyris
02-08-2010, 09:51 PM
I have a theory that every man is at least bicurious somewhat.

I'm about the most confident-in-my-sexuality guy you'll meet, in that I like women, a lot, but I can recognize that a man is attractive.

Also when I said 10% of guys I really just meant David Spade. That man could launch my navy.

bluestarultor
02-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I have a theory that every man is at least bicurious somewhat.

I'm about the most confident-in-my-sexuality guy you'll meet, in that I like women, a lot, but I can recognize that a man is attractive.

That's just a matter of recognizing the competition. Unless we devolve and butt heads over mates or something. Then we can probably toss that out the window.

Hanuman
02-08-2010, 09:55 PM
I'd be the exception.
Nothing about men in particular is attractive at all to me, I can somewhat recognize how myself and other males could be attractive, but 100% of those features are unisex and the majority are based on how healthy someone is.

bluestarultor
02-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Isn't that what we were talking about?

Bob The Mercenary
02-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Isn't that what we were talking about?

Yeah, before everyone called us gay.

Or bicurious.

Or whatever.

I like boobies.

Token
02-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Yeah, before everyone called us gay.

Or bicurious.

Or whatever.

I like boobies.

MANboobies.

Bob The Mercenary
02-08-2010, 10:04 PM
http://goofybeast.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/fight_club1.jpg

Kyanbu The Legend
02-08-2010, 10:31 PM
... wait... what?! But that... huh?

Eltargrim
02-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Now that just raises all sorts of questions, Bob.

Julford Hajime
02-08-2010, 10:37 PM
I vote that Bob's name be changed to "Boob the Mercenary" both as punishment for that image, and so we can giggle like five-year-olds that somebody be named "Boob".

Token
02-08-2010, 10:40 PM
I vote that Bob's name be changed to "Boob the Mercenary" both as punishment for that image, and so we can giggle like five-year-olds that somebody be named "Boob".

I second that, but propose Boob the MerceNipple."

DFM
02-08-2010, 10:45 PM
His shirt just turns to spandex halfway down. I find that more revolting than the giant uniboob.

Edit: The size of his head.

Krylo
02-08-2010, 10:51 PM
You guys seem awfully confused/distubed about an image from Fight Club.

Go watch some good goddamn movies.

DFM
02-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Sorry Krylo I don't watch trash.

Token
You guys seem awfully confused/distubed about an image from Fight Club.

Go watch some good goddamn movies.

Movie of a book? Especially of a book I didn't like? Bugger that.

Eltargrim
I just find it amusing that (our) Bob chooses to post a picture where the fat-man-boob-man is also named Bob. You trying to tell us something about your testicles, Bob?
;)
Also: in this case, book = movie, at least, if not <=.

CABAL49
02-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Well I got rejected. Yay for singleness.

Amake
02-09-2010, 02:11 AM
Movie of a book? Especially of a book I didn't like? Bugger that. The author even likes the movie better than the book. That should tell you to give it a chance.

So yeah, that was some right quotable sleep deprivation I had last night. It could be argued that most people recognize their biological imperatives as the basis for their sexual orientation, but I think that's lazy, letting your body do your thinking and feeling for you. As conscious creatures, we can develop tastes, choose to break tradition and all that. In short, bisexuality is a state of mind. To me anyway.

PS. Won't someone change the thread title to remove the aphostrophe? Plural nouns are not possessive pronouns, man. . .

Grandmaster_Skweeb
02-09-2010, 02:19 AM
What will I be doing on the 14th? workin and not givin a damn about what holiday it is. Working retail has pretty much deadened any care left towards just about every holiday. WOOH!

Nikose Tyris
02-09-2010, 07:10 AM
I'd be the exception.
Nothing about men in particular is attractive at all to me, I can somewhat recognize how myself and other males could be attractive, but 100% of those features are unisex and the majority are based on how healthy someone is.

Sounds like someone isn't secure in their sexuality.

And also in a closet.

32bit-RedMage
02-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Valentine's day? Valentine's day??!!

"Gee, Brain, what do you want to this valentine's day?"
"The same thing we do every valentine's day, Pinkyótry to take over the world!"

Magic_Marker
02-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Now that just raises all sorts of questions, Bob.

Methinks it gives answers. (http://forum.nuklearpower.com/showpost.php?p=970844&postcount=1)

Hanuman
02-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Sounds like someone isn't secure in their sexuality.

And also in a closet.
That possibility would be welcomed with open arms, having such a large gap is how I perceive social energy is actually fairly debilitating to the growth of my wisdom, and that's super important to me since I spend all my time with artists, healers, philosophers, sages and people who've generally spent a large time to become in-tune and secure.

Professor Smarmiarty
02-09-2010, 03:45 PM
The author even likes the movie better than the book. That should tell you to give it a chance.

But if you dislike the book you probably are not going to think the author has good taste...

bluestarultor
02-09-2010, 04:29 PM
But if you dislike the book you probably are not going to think the author has good taste...

If the author likes a movie adaptation better than his own effing book, I think it says a lot about the quality of the movie. Overcoming bias and all.

Professor Smarmiarty
02-09-2010, 04:31 PM
But if the author writes shitty books, his taste is shitty thus the movie version will be shittier than the book as his taste works backwards.

Krylo
02-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Listen, guys, there's no reason to be using fake swears or arguing over this.

Everyone who thinks Fight Club was/is an awesome movie is right.

Everyone who doesn't is wrong.

We can now move on with our lives and get back to mocking single people for their distinct lack of sex.

Inbred Chocobo
02-09-2010, 04:33 PM
PS. Won't someone change the thread title to remove the aphostrophe? Plural nouns are not possessive pronouns, man. . .

Ple'as'e 't'he' a'ph'o'str'o'phe' i's' th'er'e f'or' s'y'm'bol'iz'ing' 'th'at' th'e' d'a'y b'el'on'gs' 't'o' th'e s'in'gl'e h'um'an 'be'ing'. 'T'he' u's'e' o'f' aph'os'tr'o'p'he' in' t'he 't'i't'le' is' g'ra'mma't'ic'al'ly' 'co'rr'e'ct'.

Professor Smarmiarty
02-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Shitty is totally a proper swear.

Also single people can have more sex and more varied sex because they can exist in endless hookup streams whereas relationships are built around things besides continual sex ( or at least alongside it).

Not the people on here though- people on the internet are way too ugly for that shit.

Krylo
02-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah, Smarty, the thing is, people wouldn't bother with having an Awareness Day for Singles if they were busy having continuous non-committal sex.

Therefore all the people posting in this thread about how they are single, are single AND temporarily (if they're lucky) celibate.

Also, shitty is a proper swear, but effin' is not.

Ple'as'e 't'he' a'ph'o'str'o'phe' i's' th'er'e f'or' s'y'm'bol'iz'ing' 'th'at' th'e' d'a'y b'el'on'gs' 't'o' th'e s'in'gl'e h'um'an 'be'ing'. 'T'he' u's'e' o'f' aph'os'tr'o'p'he' in' t'he 't'i't'le' is' g'ra'mma't'ic'al'ly' 'co'rr'e'ct'.

Not really.

Unless it belongs to a single single person, it should be Singles' Awareness Day.

Though, really, the most proper form, though not strictly followed anymore, is to avoid using the apostrophe to show possessiveness and instead the noun should be used as an attributive.

So, Singles Awareness Day is the most correct form.

[/grammar nazi]

bluestarultor
02-09-2010, 04:40 PM
But if the author writes shitty books, his taste is shitty thus the movie version will be shittier than the book as his taste works backwards.

must... resist...!

Okay, I dunno about you, but here's an example. I do a sketch and can't find anything wrong with it, or I can, but I'm happy with it. CJ takes my sketch and does a sketch based off it, using my position and character, but totally changing the face. If I can get past CJ changing the face of my character, even if it's not what the character looks like in my own work, and admit that her work is better, I have overcome an egocentric bias.

Maybe CJ is better about accepting that kind of thing (in fact, I'm pretty sure she is), but I'm just a dude drawing my own characters with no formal training or experience with the critique process and am personally not quite as humble about work I'm proud of.

To extend this analogy, taking the work of a book into a movie is more like using my position and character, but changing their clothes, face, and hair, then calling it the same thing, only it's clearly drawn straight over my work. If I can sit on my backside and actually say CJ's rendition of the same scene and all her alterations to my character actually improves the piece, that's being pretty well humbled.

Archbio
02-09-2010, 04:41 PM
I don't know, continual sex sounds irritating.

Hey, that sentence is true whichever way you look at it!

Krylo
02-09-2010, 04:42 PM
I don't know, continual sex sounds irritating.

It does eventually cause some soreness and chaffing, this is true.

Professor Smarmiarty
02-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Lots of lube. Like lots and lots of it. Also stop every hour for a cigar.

Krylo
02-09-2010, 04:52 PM
That only helps the chaffing, not the soreness.

Nikose Tyris
02-09-2010, 04:55 PM
But Krylo, what about the people in relationships having noncommittal sex? D:

Amake
02-09-2010, 04:55 PM
According to Guinness World Records standards, you may take a 5 minute break every hour in any marathon activity. If I found a man with that amount of refractory period I'd try to convince Guinness to break their ironclad rule of keeping records family rated.

Osterbaum
02-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Therefore all the people posting in this thread about how they are single, are single AND temporarily (if they're lucky) celibate.
I have sex often enough. Granted, sometimes there are periods during which I'll start to feel like having sex right about now would be nice (ie. I'm horny), but I usually get to have sex again soon enough.

CelesJessa
02-09-2010, 06:13 PM
... CJ ...CJ... CJ ...CJ's

Wait when the hell did I get in the thread. XD I mean, other than that one time I posted in here.

Anyway, I'll probably spend my valentines day working on various school projects. Art does not take a break for love! But it's cool because I don't mind being single TOTALLY TAKEN.

Kyanbu The Legend
02-09-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm single by choice. But once things get stable for me then maybe I'll consider a relationship.

Osterbaum
02-09-2010, 06:19 PM
If we're going to get serious here, then I'd say I'm single by choice as well. I don't see the point in getting in to a relationship based solely on "just because". And as of yet I haven't met / made enought effort to meet someone who I would find interesting enough.

bluestarultor
02-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Wait when the hell did I get in the thread. XD I mean, other than that one time I posted in here.

Well, do you deny that you're an awesome artist? :p

Osterbaum
02-09-2010, 06:22 PM
And a single woman on a forum filled mostly by single men? Just sayin'.

EDIT: Maybe blues has a little crush.

synkr0nized
02-09-2010, 06:28 PM
NPF Threads: Matchmaking in disguise

phil_
02-09-2010, 06:29 PM

EDIT: Maybe blues has a little crush.I thought everybody loved CJ, just like everybody loves manlove, Fifthfiend, and bringing up CJ, manlove, and Fifthfiend at even the slightest provocation.

Edit: Also, I'll be working assuming it doesn't snow again and keep me from being able to commute again. Seriously, I'm out two weeks in a row here. I'm just fine with working on Sunday.

Edit again: vv Hawk's a funny guy some times.

Hawk
02-09-2010, 06:30 PM
I'm single by choice.

Me too!

It's my second choice...:(

CelesJessa
02-09-2010, 06:31 PM

NPF Threads: Matchmaking in disguise

In that case I suddenly remember that I am not single. Yep. Totally taken.

Osterbaum
02-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Sorry, too late! It's already ON TEH INTRANETS!

CelesJessa
02-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Sorry, too late! It's already ON TEH INTRANETS!

But it's cool because I don't mind being single TOTALLY TAKEN.

I do not know what you're talking about.

synkr0nized
02-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Let us stop this nonsensical prattling and celebrate your new-found Interwebmotron love.