PDA

View Full Version : and after a week...

wx4caster
04-28-2010, 04:59 PM
of being in excrutiating pain that can only be dulled by prescriptio nnarcotics... i am back on the forums. not that anyone missed me considering i am super-uber-noob to this place, but for those that do (and dont) care, i would like to let anyone who may be thinking about tearing a quad mucsle for funsies, you definitely do NOT want to do that. at all. ever.... unless your idea of a good time is being referred to as "tink-tink" and "sissy" (it happened playing softball, of ALL things, a GIRL SPORT!!") and being nearly incapacitated only to follow with "physical therapy" which for those of you who do not know, that is doctor speak, and it roughly translates to: "we are going to move this hear thing that hurts you until it hurts some more because we secretly get a big kick out of watching you squirm in agony"

then there is all sorts of this "surgury" talk and yada yada yada...

anyway, big recommendation NOT to do it.

hope i didnt miss much!

Geminex
04-29-2010, 04:25 AM
Oh good lord, that sounds horrible. Hope you recover quickly...

Melfice
04-29-2010, 05:40 AM
Y'know, aside from your name, I don't really know who you are. (Incidentally, you're new. Not a noob. At least to me.)

Doesn't really mean I couldn't care about this sort of thing. Way to play the pity card there. ;)
Anyway, I do hope you'll get out of this thing okay. I know somebody else who's been in surgery for over the past 6 years, or so. Nothing extremely serious, but he does end up not being able to do much for a good half year. (this is assuming you actually have to go into surgery. And I'm not trying to scare you. >__<)
Also, I didn't exactly tear the muscle completely through, but I've managed to get a small tear in my triceps once. Even that hurt like a bitch, so I can sort of relate.

Also, softball is... where the pitcher can only throw underhand, instead of over, right? (I always mix it up with the variant where you hit the ball off of a post.)
I don't see how that's a girl sport. I mean, the batter still uses the same muscles as a baseball batter does, so... kick 'em in the nuts when they call you a sissy again?

Fifthfiend
04-29-2010, 11:12 AM
I would respond but I can't read when people with <1k postcounts post. :smug:

But no yeah, doctors are assholes.

DFM
04-30-2010, 12:29 PM
We should set the forum so that posts from members with less than a thousand postcounts are invisible to anyone with more than a thousand, it's such a pain to ignore them manually.

Bard The 5th LW
04-30-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm Just 82 post away. Then you may actually have to consider reading the shit I type, Fifth. I've been waiting for such a day. Biding my time, lurking, keeping my posts at a distance from each other. Just so I can get the jump on you the day I hit 1k.

shiney
04-30-2010, 02:23 PM
We should set the forum so that posts from members with less than a thousand postcounts are invisible to anyone with more than a thousand, it's such a pain to ignore them manually.
You mean you haven't enabled that setting already? Root around in your CP, it's somewhere.

Mondt
04-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Root around in your CP...how did you--

I mean, nice try FBI.

Loyal
04-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Is there something you want to tell us, Mondt?