The Warring States of NPF

The Warring States of NPF (http://www.nuklearforums.com/index.php)
-   RP Signups & Discussions (http://www.nuklearforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Sky Has Fallen (Fire Emblem Interest Thread) (http://www.nuklearforums.com/showthread.php?t=43923)

DanteFalcon 02-05-2016 10:36 PM

The Sky Has Fallen (Fire Emblem Interest Thread)

Well it has died here since I was last around. Time to attempt the mightiest board-surrection that I can.

Anyway I have about 5 maps of a Fire Emblem game done which I feel is enough of a head start to start looking if there is interest in one being run. So yeah, is there a large enough population for one here, and is there interest in one?

Example of Map quality here. I am aware of that mistake in the river, I just lack a proper tile to actually fix that and my tile creation skills are quite bad.

phil_ 02-05-2016 11:34 PM

So what would we's be? A bunch of commanders? Soldiers under one leader? A random assortment of castle enthusiasts who might end up alone on four different sides of a conflict?

Having never played a FE game, this isn't yet a potential sign-up (though I do want an excuse to write). I just think it would help to know what kind of player characters and game style you're after.

DanteFalcon 02-05-2016 11:38 PM

It depends a bit on number of players. In small groups (5 or less) each player could control 2 different characters. Generally I'd like there to be one Lord but that's mainly just so I have someone who can serve as a definitive voice for "This is what we're doing". Everyone would be on the same side basically as a story driven campaign. Early missions would have a couple NPCs working with the players while people get used to the game and the setting.

In short, mercenaries, adventurers, soldiers, exiles but all on the same side.

Steel Shadow 02-05-2016 11:41 PM

I remember we tried a similar thing once. And it was pretty fun. I dunno, do we have enough life around here to do things anymore?

Menarker 02-07-2016 01:43 AM

A little post here to let you all know I'm keeping an eye on this thread and can probably be counted on to swell the number by +1 if things are big enough.

Relm Zephyrous 02-07-2016 03:16 AM

Welp, I'm still kicking. Wheee.

Ish.

Geminex 02-07-2016 06:50 AM

Wow, by sheer coincidenceHARRASSMENT I have returned to this forum just in time to see this go up. It must be fate.

DanteFalcon 02-07-2016 07:02 AM

Alright, all the people that I have harassed before posting here have shown up. Imma let this sit for a few days before calling a verdict on whether to give it a shot but I would really only need 1-2 more people to actually run the game.

Overcast 02-08-2016 05:39 PM

Steel I find your lack of faith disturbing. But yes I am also into this.

phil_ 02-08-2016 11:56 PM

How do you feel about ninja? I'm reading through game synopses, and I've gotten to Rekka no Ken without seeing any ninja (thieves are present, but totally different). I've been musing about how to play a "follows all orders for the good of the clan" type ninja for a bit now and this seems like (maybe) a good chance to make one. Would a stoic, "as you wish" kind of character be ok in your grand plans?