The Warring States of NPF

The Warring States of NPF (http://www.nuklearforums.com/index.php)
-   Hosted Discussion (http://www.nuklearforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   #1221: "Witnesses to our victory!" (http://www.nuklearforums.com/showthread.php?t=37312)

UndrDog 02-26-2010 08:52 AM

And I'm not even Aussie!

But really, how would Team White Mage be able to kill Chaos if Chaos is all knowing? Shouldn't he have seen this coming? I'm totally geared for a brain breaker on the next release.

Athas 02-26-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurosen (Post 1019012)
How I Killed Your Master, Warbot, Atomic Robo, and Marvel Gig aren't new enough?

Your avatar was perfect for this message.

---------------------------------

Dunno how I feel about this twist. Got the joke.

nyttyn 02-26-2010 12:15 PM

...I've been reading this comic for close to 2 1/2 years now, and all I have to say is
1. Oh goddamnit.

2. Kudos brian on having the longest setup brick joke for possibly ever.

Tev 02-26-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UndrDog (Post 1019812)
But really, how would Team White Mage be able to kill Chaos if Chaos is all knowing? Shouldn't he have seen this coming? I'm totally geared for a brain breaker on the next release.

Well, being Chaos, he may have chaotically chosen to let it happen. He also could have turned the world into a form of cake.

Particleman 02-26-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyttyn (Post 1019846)
...I've been reading this comic for close to 2 1/2 years now, and all I have to say is
1. Oh goddamnit.

2. Kudos brian on having the longest setup brick joke for possibly ever.

Don't you mean 'Oh, goddammit it' ?

timemonkey 02-26-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UndrDog (Post 1019812)
And I'm not even Aussie!

Maybe he saw them coming to kill him and just didn't think they could do it. He is a god after all, one of considerable power, even as gods go. Thren they blasted him with holy and he was dead before he could do anythin. I believe way back White Mage said that white magic was about restoring the natural order of te universe hich would be the antithesis to Chaos and his power.

Aldurin 02-27-2010 12:22 AM

New theory, white mage will proceed to blast black mage with white magic to try to kill him, since he did do all of that bad stuff. It will only cure him of his dark magic and there will be a scene where he drops the dagger mid-stab during one of his "arguments" with fighter. BM will be good, marry white mage, have kids and secretly train one of them to be evil since BM will have a "I'm a good guy, please make it stop" attitude.

RM and TF and FT die at the hand of BM junior. Who proceeds to kill the dark warriors, dragoon and every other loose plot-line available.

MSperoni 02-27-2010 12:42 AM

My theory:

We find out that Black Mage was really the ghost of Chaos Sarda this whole time. Onion Kid was Black Mage as a child, tormented by himself, so he grew up to be Sarda.

When Sarda absorbed the powers of the orbs and then Black Mage's helldoken and then got "killed" by Chaos, the now evil soul of Sarda somehow went back in time, became Black Mage, and the cycle continued..Or he went back in time on purpose to "try again". Which would then mean Black Mage is his own worst enemy, also the one who created himself and the one who is trying to destroy himself. Which is pretty Chaotic.. then we realize Black Mage is also (or is really) Chaos and the cause of the time loop thing.

White Mage, being of Order that she is, decides to break the cycle by erasing Black Mage, and then pulls Onion Kid out of Wizard School so he can't grow up to be Sarda, etc.

Link_991 02-27-2010 02:59 AM

My prediction
Comic ends with White Mage having consensual sex with Black Mage. Now that would be the most unexpected ending ever, barring something completely random and unrelated to anything to ever happen in the comic, except that wouldn't be so unrelated or unexpected considering the comic in question

Tree 02-28-2010 12:44 AM

Has anyone noticed Priest is spelt as Preist?
It's I before E except after C unless sounded as Eh as in NEIGHBHOR.
GAWSH.

Hetsurin 02-28-2010 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tree (Post 1020309)
GAWSH.

You're doing it wrong.

EDIT:

Prediction time: The comic ends in less than 10 strips after this one. No one learns a damn thing.

Nightshine 02-28-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilEarl (Post 1019163)
Maybe Square Enix will offer to make an 8-bit theater themed FF remake for DS. It would be so freakin' awesome!! I would buy it.

Knowing Square, they'd sue.

RIP Chrono Break and Chrono Resurrection.

Sliths 02-28-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tree (Post 1020309)
GAWSH.

I noted it in the first reply! I'm special!

edit: second reply. I'm still special!

Kurosen 02-28-2010 10:47 AM

I'm aware how to spell Priest. Sometimes typos are made.

ASTONISHING.

If I'd had access to my PC since this comic went up, I'd have made the corrections. And posted more comics.

BitVyper 02-28-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurosen (Post 1020390)

ASTONISHING.

If I'd had access to my PC since this comic went up, I'd have made the corrections. And posted more comics.

But I've set you up on a pedestal as my example of the ideal human being because I like your comic(s)! If you can't live up to my ridiculous standards, then what do I have left to believe in!?

Aldurin 02-28-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BitVyper (Post 1020391)
But I've set you up on a pedestal as my example of the ideal human being because I like your comic(s)! If you can't live up to my ridiculous standards, then what do I have left to believe in!?

Pizza, and beer, and women, and the next FF release, and all of that other stuff.

Grognor 02-28-2010 02:12 PM

This tomfoolery has gone on long enough.

Bard The 5th LW 02-28-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grognor (Post 1020420)
This tomfoolery has gone on long enough.

He is right. Before the series ends, we must right one last chapter of CoM,CoL.

So... who's going to step up to the plate. Who has it in them to write the concluding chapter?

Green Spanner 02-28-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BardTheFifthLightWarrior (Post 1020426)
He is right. Before the series ends, we must right one last chapter of CoM,CoL.

So... who's going to step up to the plate. Who has it in them to write the concluding chapter?

Unfortunately, I made an off-hand comment involving Dragoon and the Golden Chocobo on the moon a while back, and Mirai said "make it so".

Goddamnit.

Meister 02-28-2010 03:39 PM

"Oh baby... let's see if we can breed an even better one."

Green Spanner 02-28-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meister (Post 1020447)
"Oh baby... let's see if we can breed an even better one."

"Want to see my spear? It is a pleasant colour..."

A Zarkin' Frood 02-28-2010 03:48 PM

You just made the guy who gave White Mage a dick ill.
Congratulations. Now I can eat today's meals again unless I want to be tired tomorrow due to malnutrition.

Wolfwood 02-28-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad2physicist (Post 1019253)
Actually, you see this all the time from those who appreciate fine art. Just because most people denigrate comics as a low-brow medium does not mean that they are. True art knows when the artwork is complete and does not add to it just for the sake of keeping things going.
Bill Waterson, one of the best cartoonists of all time, agreed, and that's why he quit doing Calvin and Hobbes after just 11 years or so.

First, 'enjoy for free?' If so only because he pirated them. We have to pay for the Simpsons by paying for cable or buying the DVDs. They sell it to the tv networks, who sell to the cable companies, who sell to us. NOT free entertainment. Secondly, the Simpsons have written some monumentally bad episodes. I love the show, but they have definitely had some of the worst moments on TV as well.
Also, the Simpsons fans generally object to cases where the writers obviously care less about character and consistency than a peacock.

The Simpsons are on Network TV and always have been. Sunday evenings on Fox, check your local listings.

Hetsurin 02-28-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Spanner (Post 1020448)
"Want to see my spear? It is a pleasant colour..."

Introducing the Golden Dragoon... you don't WANT to know what makes it so special... or why it has chocobo wings and human legs.

Sliths 03-01-2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurosen (Post 1020390)

ASTONISHING.

It's taunting you, isn't it? Like a little tickle in your ear, it just won't go away, and everyone can see the scratching.

I wish there was an emoticon to show me running away now.

Art of Hilt 03-01-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsaneGenius (Post 1020449)
You just made the guy who gave White Mage a dick ill.

I... am... curious as to what this refers to.

Kyanbu The Legend 03-01-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BitVyper (Post 1020391)

The world Bit, the world.

tshadowdrag 03-01-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Link_991 (Post 1020075)
My prediction
Comic ends with White Mage having consensual sex with Black Mage. Now that would be the most unexpected ending ever, barring something completely random and unrelated to anything to ever happen in the comic, except that wouldn't be so unrelated or unexpected considering the comic in question

Except we learn later that BM was unconscious the whole time and dreaming it as he's on the floor holding alcohol (paint thinner, again) and WM is rejoining the group after spending the time with Fighter instead.

Kroze Gamegod 03-02-2010 04:10 AM

My prediction:

The power of 4 White Mages may just be enough to revive someone from the dead...

BLACK BELT IS COMING BACK!

Meister 03-02-2010 06:38 AM

And the last person to realize that the joke prediction shtick has seriously worn out is...

Grognor 03-02-2010 08:37 AM

Why not have people throw in some guest comics in times like this? I seem to recall that having some success in the past.

Meister 03-02-2010 10:25 AM

Brian probably doesn't have the time anymore to go through submissions and select guest comics.