The Warring States of NPF

The Warring States of NPF (http://www.nuklearforums.com/index.php)
-   Forum for Talking About Forum Games (http://www.nuklearforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Test Drive Mafia Signups (http://www.nuklearforums.com/showthread.php?t=41841)

rpgdemon 06-25-2012 03:20 PM

Considering you don't know how hard I tried to work through the problems, you really can't say anything about the effort I put in. I made a big post that got deleted about how I honestly cannot distinguish anything about anyone, and how it's caused a feedback loop driving me out of the game, I'm not going to retype it. You can call -that- laziness, but I don't see the point in putting in the effort to give feedback if you're going to just assume that I'm being a whiny bitch.

Loyal 06-25-2012 04:17 PM

Well, let's start simple:
Quote:

So, this game is totally not working for me. Like, somehow there are a bajillion posts that I haven't read, but so few people actually active, and I still cannot distinguish one person from another. And I have to look at the list whenever I want to know who's even in the game to worry about.

Like, I can't keep track of anything, to the point where I'm not even interested in the game anymore, really. I don't have any real anchor in my mind for anything, and as such, the game has no substance to me. I just can't get into it.
Quote:

Considering you don't know how hard I tried to work through the problems, you really can't say anything about the effort I put in. I made a big post that got deleted about how I honestly cannot distinguish anything about anyone, and how it's caused a feedback loop driving me out of the game, I'm not going to retype it.
Why are you having difficulty tracking the game? What do you think can be done to correct this, and are you even sure this is something that specifically involves the game (as opposed to some inability on your own part)? As I mentioned, I did have some trouble identifying people in the early game, but that stopped after people started posting and applied avatars to themselves.

You haven't gone into any real detail on the subject, much less in any capacity anyone could address, so it's easy to see how one might perceive your complaint as lazy/defeatist bitching, or whatever.

IHateMakingNames 06-25-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

r. And I have to look at the list whenever I want to know who's even in the game to worry about.
I assume the list you mention is the list of actual people in the game, not the mafia only names. Which then makes me think your issue is that you can't figure out who is who and that's annoying you.

rpgdemon 06-25-2012 04:51 PM

No, it's the list of mafia only names. Like, I honestly cannot keep any of the names in my head. I want to start questioning motives of people who have been inactive, look at the list, and honestly cannot remember who hasn't posted and who has. The fact that there's no weight of history behind the accounts makes me literally unable to discern between them. The names are also far too hard to remember/far too easy to mix up.

Sifright 06-26-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpgdemon (Post 1203207)
No, it's the list of mafia only names. Like, I honestly cannot keep any of the names in my head. I want to start questioning motives of people who have been inactive, look at the list, and honestly cannot remember who hasn't posted and who has. The fact that there's no weight of history behind the accounts makes me literally unable to discern between them. The names are also far too hard to remember/far too easy to mix up.

I don't see how you are having this problem, once people put up avatars it was mega easy to associate peoples posts to their avatars and names.

You don't need a weight of history to be able to discern different people. When you visit a forum for the first time are you unable to tell any of the posters apart even though they have different account name avatars and posting styles? It just seems like a very odd complaint to make.

synkr0nized 07-06-2012 04:17 PM

I am entertained by the game, if that means anything.
 
Hell, I'm not even playing and I'm following it (more or less, as there are nuances of Mafia games I am sure I am missing).


In any case, it's sad Hugh Mann is dead in the current game. The robot RP is some of the best stuff in there, at least for someone who doesn't have to try to make real votes.

IHateMakingNames 07-26-2012 06:36 PM

Now to finally discover who everybody was.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.