The Warring States of NPF

The Warring States of NPF (http://www.nuklearforums.com/index.php)
-   Forum Games (http://www.nuklearforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Mafia Time! (http://www.nuklearforums.com/showthread.php?t=41150)

Bard The 5th LW 12-12-2011 07:12 PM

Mafia Time!
 
Rules!
  • Each faction has a designated win role. If you do not understand this role, ask me. Town Wins when they are the only faction, and Scum wins when they outnumber or equal town.
  • Don't intentionally do anything that can jeopardize your faction on the whole! You can jeopardize yourself I guess.
  • Day will usually last for 48 hours unless for some reason I decide to make it longer. If a majority is reached before this time, then the day will end prematurely. If you can shake the majority off of your tail before I get in then I will spare you.
  • Have Fun! Its a game after all.
  • Night Actions are to be submitted at Night! Furthermore, no talking at Night! If you die, then you get a single "Deathpost" but you can't reveal anything important through it!
  • The Night will last for about 24 hours, but this is merely subject to my whims.
  • If I decide you're breaking the rules to an extreme, I can intervene with whatever punishment I feel fit.
  • When voting, bold your text! For example:

    Vote: Player

    The same goes for unvoting

    Unvote: Player

    Otherwise I disregard your vote!
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or your role, feel free to ask in the day or pm me! There are some logical limits on what I'll answer of course.

Players ADVENTURERS


1. Revolving Ocelot - Jake the Dog, Town Roleblocker - Frozen solid!
2. rpgdemon
3. Kerensky287
4. Geminex- Marshmallow Boy #3 - Tragically stabbed to death
5. Mr. Bookworm
6. Moogle0119
7. BahamutFlare - The Ice King, Mafia Don - Lynched!
8. Aldurin
9. Gregness
10. Greed
11. Inbred Chocobo- The Earl of Lemongrab, Mafia Roleblocker - Sent to the gallows!
12. Lawful Neutral
13. Nikose- The Duke of Nuts, Town Scapegoat - His Castle was sacked
14. Ryanderman- Gunter the Penguin, Mafia Godfather - Hung!

On the off chance you need any info, the wiki is here!

----

Adventure Time, come on tell your friends,
We're going to very distant lands
With Jake the Dog and Fin the Human
The Adventures never end
Adventure Time! ~


"My people, please, be calmed!" shouted Princess Bubblegum from her balcony that overlooked the nervous populace of the Candy Kingdom.

"Yes, the rumors are true.... the Candy Kingdom has been infiltrated by evil enemies, but I am certain we can fend them off through intellectual investigation and DEMOCRACY!"

The candy people broke into a cheer at the encouraging words of their monarch. Surely, if they all put their heads together, they could get rid of these intruders before casualties became excessive.

Inbred Chocobo 12-12-2011 07:15 PM

Vote: DEMOCRACY

I don't like how it was capitalized in the first post. Also, I am republican.

Bard The 5th LW 12-12-2011 08:43 PM

Vote Count

Democracy: 1 (IC)

A vote for a democracy is a vote for anarchy!

Mr.Bookworm 12-12-2011 08:51 PM

Vote: Anarchy

Revising Ocelot 12-12-2011 09:07 PM

Before I go to sleep tonight,

Vote: Smarty

Mr.Bookworm 12-12-2011 09:11 PM

Vote Count

http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_...jpg?1173013514 (1)

Revolving Ocelot

http://www.toddcomputer.com/images/american-flag.jpg (1)

Inbred Chocobo

http://images.coolchaser.com/themes/...ks-anarchy.gif (1)

Mr.Bookworm

Nikose Tyris 12-12-2011 09:21 PM

Putting money down:

Greed, Moogle, and RPGdemon are scum.

Vote: Greed

Kerensky287 12-12-2011 09:42 PM

Vote: Whomever is the Ice King

BahamutFlare 12-12-2011 09:43 PM

Vote: Lawful Neutral

I can't tell if he's good or bad yet. He could go both ways. But he's trustworthy, so he should be a mayor.

Vote him for mayor.

Vote: Monarchy

Lawful Neutral 12-13-2011 01:10 AM

Vote: Monarchy

Also, going to guess that Nikose is Scum cause he's already pointing fingers.

Vote: Nikose

rpgdemon 12-13-2011 01:17 AM

So, let's everyone post, at least? Hardly anyone's said anything.

greed 12-13-2011 01:21 AM

Vote: RPGDemon


For scandalous accusations of sloth and silliness.

Aldurin 12-13-2011 01:46 AM

Vote: Bard

Encouraging shenanigans like this is bad form.

Gregness 12-13-2011 02:23 AM

Day 1...

Day 1 never changes.

Geminex 12-13-2011 04:04 AM

Vote: The Worker's paradise.

Nikose Tyris 12-13-2011 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregness (Post 1173818)
Day 1...

Day 1 never changes.

The closest thing to actual content so far: My post.

:P Day 1 opens with silliness, you sift through the silly to try and find anything of a red herring from someone who's just 'trying too hard', or you do the 'no-lynch' thing, which apparently some people like doing but I've never seen it as a viable option when you have a 1/5 chance of being right on a blind swing, typically.

[Math based on 5 mafia per 25 man game]

Revising Ocelot 12-13-2011 08:39 AM

Yeah, how big would the Mafia be for us 13? Three or four? Doubt there's a cult for this game size, either.

Keeping vote on Smarty as he's always up to no good. Even when he's not in the game. It's the smart(y) choice.

Kerensky287 12-13-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikose Tyris (Post 1173835)
The closest thing to actual content so far: My post.

:P Day 1 opens with silliness, you sift through the silly to try and find anything of a red herring from someone who's just 'trying too hard', or you do the 'no-lynch' thing, which apparently some people like doing but I've never seen it as a viable option when you have a 1/5 chance of being right on a blind swing, typically.

[Math based on 5 mafia per 25 man game]

Nikose is just trying too hard.

Vote: Nikose

Moogle0119 12-13-2011 09:10 AM

Vote: Kerensky for breaking my heart

Nikose Tyris 12-13-2011 09:29 AM

I'd be willing to bet we have 3 mafia in this game. That's why my guess was 3 people. We probably have a Miller role, too.

If we have a miller, then we have a PO.

With 13 people, the game would move astonishingly fast with an excess of kill roles or take roles; So my wager is there's probably the mafia kill, and... maaaaaaaybe a vig. Highly unlikely for an SK.

There's a decent chance of a doctor/bodyguard.

Geminex 12-13-2011 10:41 AM

Outta curiosity, what makes you think there's a miller? I agree with a lot of the rest, though I don't think town'll have more than 2 of Doctor, PO and vig, but I thought millers were fairly rare?

Nikose Tyris 12-13-2011 10:59 AM

Oh, I'm the miller. That's why I think there's a miller. I probably should have said that.

BahamutFlare 12-13-2011 11:17 AM

Well Lawful Neutral and Kerensky decided Nikose is trying too hard. What I don't get is how from 1 or 2 posts this is a scum tell. It kinda seems like actual information so far.

FoS: Law and Kerensky

Geminex 12-13-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

I probably should have said that.
That sure woulda been good!

Still, now the PO doesn't have to waste investigations on you.

Now we just need to ask ourselves if you're actually miller, or scum.

Would you have claimed if I hadn't asked you why you thought there was a miller?

Nikose Tyris 12-13-2011 11:23 AM

Probably not? I'm like, half-focused on this game. I have 3 exams in the next 3 days, so I'm more studying and refreshing the browser once in a while to see what's been posted.

Also I have a suicide bomb power to redirect a lynch onto myself if I really disagree with what the town's doing, which is kind of neat, but probably not something I'll be using.

rpgdemon 12-13-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahamutFlare (Post 1173851)
Well Lawful Neutral and Kerensky decided Nikose is trying too hard. What I don't get is how from 1 or 2 posts this is a scum tell. It kinda seems like actual information so far.

FoS: Law and Kerensky

Yeah, I'm suspicious most of anyone who wants to continue stupid shenanigans, and instavotes anyone who starts to play the game.

Greed's on top of that list, for me.

Kerensky287 12-13-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahamutFlare (Post 1173851)
Well Lawful Neutral and Kerensky decided Nikose is trying too hard. What I don't get is how from 1 or 2 posts this is a scum tell. It kinda seems like actual information so far.

FoS: Law and Kerensky

Did you read the bit I quoted?

I literally used his exact wording. It was a pretty obvious joke, I thought.

Bard The 5th LW 12-13-2011 12:12 PM

Vote Count

RPGdemon: 1 (Greed)
Nikose: 2 (Kerensky, Lawful neutral)
Kerensky: 1 (Moogle)
Greed: 1 (Nikose)
Lawful neutral: 1 (Bahamut Flare)

With 13 players it takes 7 to lynch.

Nikose Tyris 12-13-2011 12:17 PM

You have apparently missed my vote, Bard. I voted for Greed.

Bard The 5th LW 12-13-2011 12:46 PM

Vote appended!

Kerensky287 12-13-2011 12:53 PM

Law voted for Nik, too.

Not that I care because I'll probably change my vote anyway, but it's the principle.

Inbred Chocobo 12-13-2011 02:04 PM

Vote: Nikose

I'm sorry, but roleclaiming miller right off the bat? That, I don't know, that just screams scum to me. Without ever able to tell if he is truly scum or not via investigation, he has made a defense against the PO, town's best weapon, along with trying to get everyone to accept he is town. That just seems like either a bad move or a smart defense, so voting to call him on it.

Nikose Tyris 12-13-2011 02:06 PM

sweet, Kerensky, Lawful Neutral, and Inbred Chocobo are the mafiates. Shortest game ever.

Thanks for playing everyone!

Nikose Tyris 12-13-2011 02:07 PM

Unvote: Greed

Vote: Inbred Chocobo

Geminex 12-13-2011 02:32 PM

IC, you want to claim miller right off the bat when you're town. Because otherwise, you run the risk of the PO wasting an investigation on you. Claiming miller on D1 is literally the best way to play the role, because, if you're gonna turn up scum anyway, you might as well warn people. And, given that, from what I've heard, you're pretty experienced, I woulda thought you knew that.

Mind you, I'm not saying Nikose is town. He started the game off by throwing around 3 random accusations, and that really didn't seem in the spirit of Jest. That alone seemed like something of a scummy thing to do, since by hurling around suspicion, you're kinda liable to cause a good amount of chaos. Nik did a similar thing in MLP mafia, so I'm not sure if unbased D1 predictions are just his thing, or if he's just trying to see if it'll work this time. Lawful voted for him based on those D1 predictions, and, while I would've waited for more evidence to pop up, I certainly think that vote was justified. I don't think that counts as evidence to call lawful scum.

As for Kerensky... what'd he do? All I see is a joke. Which he's admittedly stretching. But I wouldn't declare him mafia for it. Just as I wouldn't declare lawful to be mafia for voting for Nikose a few posts in. And the fact that Nikose is making those declarations seems... unusual. Sure, IC's attack on him seems unjustified and suspicious. But Nikose hasn't quite been an angel of innocence himself.

He never outed himself as Miller until I challenged him on it, which is strange. He clearly alluded to the existence of a Miller, trying to hint to town that there probably was one. Which is cool, but it helps scum. Because "There's probably a miller" only serves to weaken the PO, whose investigations suddenly have a chance of failure. If you want to help town, you want to definitely out yourself as the miller, not vaguely hint at the existence of one. So, if he was a town-aligned miller, why not just come out and say it?

Plus, there's the fact that he accused RPG, greed and moogle with absolutely no basis, and the fact that he's seemed all too eager to declare Lawful and Kerensky to be scum.

I've got to admit, I'm kinda split on whom to vote for. I'd like to hear from both, Nikose and IC.

Nikose Tyris 12-13-2011 02:42 PM

I generally open games I play in with random accusations; The only reason I'm even lumping in Kerensky and Lawful is that I now have a trail of 3 voters on me, which is our theoretical Mafia number.

Kerensky came in with a joke, called it a joke, and then hung on with it despite his attempts to play it off with the whole "Eh, I'll change it later".

Essentially it seems to me like an easy lead-on, and all three may not be mafia; however I tend to have a good track record of point-and-be-right, too. [sidenote: Fenris after MLP mafia: "What the fuck Nikose get out of my inbox"]

As for not immediately confessing being a miller? Literally didn't occur to me. I was just 'talking out loud' in my post, trying to reason out who was who. Didn't actually think to include "Right, I said there is a miller because I'M the miller".

Anyway the people I've pointed fingers at are probably all power roles this game and I cannot in any reasonable way justify why I'm saying that.

But IC is definitely mafia in my eyes. Mostly because he's IC.

Inbred Chocobo 12-13-2011 03:01 PM

It was Nikose's approach to declaring himself miller that throws me off. He really didn't state intentions or anything, or justify it. I mean it would be one thing if he made a post going. "Okay guys, Roleclaim: Miller. Here is why I am doing it" but instead we got "So yada yada yada oh btw I am miller LOL." when someone questioned him on it.

The fact that it was prodded out of him rather than him coming straight out with it first is what bugs me. Him suggesting first that their is a miller, someone then prodding him, hey, why are you so sure, and then him going because I is one, is well, just a weird way to do it. It feels like a gambling tactic with its execution rather than him truly being mafia.

Then again, this is what I am reading in the miller claiming, I'm not sure if its 100%. Geminex brings up a good point, that is the best way to play as if you are miller, so I may need to brew on it more.

Nikose Tyris 12-13-2011 03:09 PM

Please note that again, while 'brewing' over something he is indecisive about, he does not relinquish his vote on me; nor has Kerensky or Lawful at this point, which, when things eventually flip into action, will end up casting some pretty pale light on all 3 of them.

Also, I have absolutely no qualms with my eventual demise; as the only person here who's come out to say "I'm town but look scummy", things are going to happen one of three ways:

1) I die today.
2) I die tonight by a vig or a mafiate looking to kill a boisterous, active town that people seem to be listening to.
3) I day tomorrow because mafia didn't kill me in the night.

My fate is pretty much set in stone.

BahamutFlare 12-13-2011 03:31 PM

IC is mafia because he is IC. What? Only thing I disagree about, but I'm guessing that it's a joke.

I'd like to hear from Law before making any decision.

Unvote: Lawful Neutral

Since it was a joke vote originally.

Gregness 12-13-2011 03:32 PM

If we don't lynch you today, why would we do it tomorrow? I mean, we might get around to it eventually, but if we don't have enough evidence on D1 we're not gonna have enough with just one night intervening.

Nikose Tyris 12-13-2011 03:35 PM

You'll see, Greg. Some things are just set in stone to happen.

rpgdemon 12-13-2011 03:57 PM

Greed still hasn't responded to my suspicions about him at all:

Greed. I am suspicious of you, because I attempted to steer us into an actual town dialog, and you respond with a "joke" of, "VOTING RPG BECAUSE HE IS HATIN' ON SILLINESS." Then you vanish, presumably to divert attention from yourself, because everyone else ignored my calling you out earlier. Now that real town dialog has started, you haven't undone your "silly" vote, and you haven't responded to allegations against you.

vote: Greed

Kerensky287 12-13-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikose Tyris (Post 1173892)
Kerensky came in with a joke, called it a joke, and then hung on with it despite his attempts to play it off with the whole "Eh, I'll change it later".

Unvote: Nikose

I probably would've done that earlier, but I've been at work, and I hadn't found a good chance to sneak away to play mafia on my cell like I usually do.

Still, IC has a few points that I agree with. I'm not going to make any snap decisions yet, but in addition to the stuff he's said:

1) I can't really think of an Adventure Time character who would be a miller except maaaaybe Marceline. And frankly, she deserves a power that isn't dubious. This is kind of shitty reasoning I know, which is why I don't feel I have enough evidence yet for a serious vote.

2) I've learned to basically assume you're lying at all times, at least when mafia is involved, and "miller" is a very convenient way to explain it if a PO comes and scans you as mafia.

Basically, the miller claim neither confirms nor denies that he is mafia. I'm willing to give him temporary benefit of the doubt, but...

FoS: Nikose

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikose Tyris (Post 1173892)
As for not immediately confessing being a miller? Literally didn't occur to me. I was just 'talking out loud' in my post, trying to reason out who was who. Didn't actually think to include "Right, I said there is a miller because I'M the miller".

Now THIS is something I find sketchy.

For one thing, if he was planning to roleclaim (which I hear is a great thing to do when you're miller...?) then why in the hell would he forget to roleclaim? And saying "HEY IF YOU SCAN ME I'LL LOOK LIKE MAFIA" seems like a horrifically stupid move.

I'm relatively new to the game, and I've never played as Mafia in a game with a miller. Do mafiates get a notification that a miller exists, so they can play off his existence? Because that does seem like a logical slip for him to make.

The way I see it, either:
-Nikose knows there's a miller in the game because he is one.
-Nikose knows there's a miller in the game because he was told in his role PM (?)
-Nikose is a mafiate/the mafia don and is saying he's the miller as an ill-conceived attempt at safety.

I'm not pointing any fingers yet... except for FINGERS OF SUSPICION!

Nikose Tyris 12-13-2011 04:03 PM

I'm the duke of nuts, if that helps.

Kerensky287 12-13-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikose Tyris (Post 1173854)
Also I have a suicide bomb power to redirect a lynch onto myself if I really disagree with what the town's doing, which is kind of neat, but probably not something I'll be using.

That's a neat idea but a Suicide Mayor strikes me as rather far-fetched.

Mostly because there's no reason to ever use it. If you ignore it, you lose. If you use it, you lose.

To be honest it actually sounds like exactly the kind of role Nikose would create for one of his own games...

Revising Ocelot 12-13-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpgdemon (Post 1173907)
Greed still hasn't responded to my suspicions about him at all:

Greed. I am suspicious of you, because I attempted to steer us into an actual town dialog, and you respond with a "joke" of, "VOTING RPG BECAUSE HE IS HATIN' ON SILLINESS." Then you vanish, presumably to divert attention from yourself, because everyone else ignored my calling you out earlier. Now that real town dialog has started, you haven't undone your "silly" vote, and you haven't responded to allegations against you.

vote: Greed

Give him a decent amount of time to respond. Time-zone wackiness and all.

Anyway, I've been told in the last Mafia I played that my (false!) Miller claim should have been ASAP to divert suspicion, and now IC says that's bad? Something's BS here.
I gotta agree with Geminex here. Along with the chance that Nikose is being a trolling troll who trolls, as his behavior is alluding to slightly right now. Suicide miller? The Duke of Nuts fits a Miller role, but I'm not getting where the lynch redirect stems from. Plus Millers don't normally have extra powers, AFAIK.

Nikose Tyris 12-13-2011 04:17 PM

Ya know I'm really, really leaning towards Kerensky being the most likely mafiate candidate here. So much so that I think

UNVOTE: INBRED CHOCOBO

VOTE: KERENSKY287


Is really the only reasonable path here.


Also- I don't read Adventure Time. Can someone point me at anything to explain this Duke of Nuts guy? This is a webcomic, right?

Kerensky287 12-13-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikose Tyris (Post 1173915)
Ya know I'm really, really leaning towards Kerensky being the most likely mafiate candidate here. So much so that I think

UNVOTE: INBRED CHOCOBO

VOTE: KERENSKY287


Is really the only reasonable path here.


Also- I don't read Adventure Time. Can someone point me at anything to explain this Duke of Nuts guy? This is a webcomic, right?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=adventure+time+duke+of+nuts

Vote whatever you want. I've died Day 1 or Night 1 every mafia I've played so far so I'm sort of used to it.

Obviously it's because I'm SOOO AWESOME AT IT that it scares people.

Kerensky287 12-13-2011 04:41 PM

"OH FINN MY FLAWLESS, FLAWLESS CHAMPION! BRING THE DUKE OF NUTS TO JUSTICE! THE JUSTICE.... OF A COOOOOLD DUNGEON! AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Jake says the Duke of Nuts is bad guys. So "JUST THIS ONCE, WE'LL BE VIGILANTES!"

Vote: Nikose

Kerensky287 12-13-2011 04:42 PM

(Unvote: Nikose)

Kerensky287 12-13-2011 04:45 PM

Yeah I hadn't actually seen this episode, I actually think Nikose's claim might be legit.

My FoS remains because it's Nikose, and he is a lying liar of lies, but the Duke of Nuts character is also all altruistic and shit so I can see him being a self-sacrificing mayor too.

Nikose Tyris 12-13-2011 04:51 PM

...okay one I wasn't aware this was a tv show, I thought it was some webcomic

two, da fuq

Bard The 5th LW 12-13-2011 05:54 PM

Ryanderman has been admitted into the game!

Inbred Chocobo 12-13-2011 05:55 PM

Unvote: Nikose

Okay, after reading the character description of being duke of nuts and such, I'm going to believe Nikose, though seriously man, the hell kind of way to roleclaim and state what you are is that? Ugh, so confusing.

Though I am going to need a bit to think on who to go after now. You people make my head hurt.

Lawful Neutral 12-13-2011 06:09 PM

Unvote: Nikose

Perhaps Geminex is right, perhaps I am jumping to conclusions.
Nevertheless, I'd like to see how things play out for a while before I decide this time.

Bard The 5th LW 12-13-2011 06:10 PM

In case anyone needs information on anything, I've added a link to the wiki on the first page.

Kerensky287 12-13-2011 06:11 PM

guys stop following my lead

I kinda wanna see day 2 this game

quit acting like I'm important

Geminex 12-13-2011 06:13 PM

Man, you guys have been postin'.

Nikose has managed to persuade me as well. Like, he hasn't really offered that much justification for the points I brought up, other than "that's how I play", but, for now, that's enough. The roleclaim makes total sense, and it doesn't really seem like something shaken out of a hat, so to speak. There could be a safelist, but we can consider that later.

The apparent extra power, as well as the belated roleclaim, still ring a biiiit fishy, but I can be wrong about that. And I'm gonna put down the "Gonna be dead by night 2" as pessimism, or perhaps realism. : p

Ima FOS: IC, because that attack on Nikose did ring some alarm bells, but he's been doing allright otherwise, and I can accept that it was a mistake.

I'd like to see some more activity from Greed as well. I don't agree with RPG that his vote was definitely fishy (pretty sure he was still joking and irreverent), but, while the time difference is gonna delay posting, he should be popping up soon.

I'd also like to hear from Earl.

Still dunno about Kerensky. His posts are logical, and I can totally understand his continued suspicion of Nikose McSuspecton, but if it goes on for much longer without a valid reason, it'll be weird.

Anyway, that's all from me. Don't lynch anyone at night.

Aldurin 12-13-2011 06:30 PM

Eh, trying to think this over and I only can agree with a few things. Nik's miller claim is odd since he didn't do it immediately, but should he turn out to actually be a miller then we should turn our attention on those really going after him, notably IC and Kerensky.

That's all I have.

Kerensky287 12-13-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geminex (Post 1173958)
Still dunno about Kerensky. His posts are logical, and I can totally understand his continued suspicion of Nikose McSuspecton, but if it goes on for much longer without a valid reason, it'll be weird.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldurin (Post 1173961)
Nik's miller claim is odd since he didn't do it immediately, but should he turn out to actually be a miller then we should turn our attention on those really going after him, notably IC and Kerensky.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...GIFSoupcom.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerensky287 (Post 1173924)
Yeah I hadn't actually seen this episode, I actually think Nikose's claim might be legit.


Gregness 12-13-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerensky287 (Post 1173916)
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=adventure+time+duke+of+nuts

Vote whatever you want. I've died Day 1 or Night 1 every mafia I've played so far so I'm sort of used to it.

Obviously it's because I'm SOOO AWESOME AT IT that it scares people.

You did kind of bring it on yourself last game.

Kerensky287 12-13-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregness (Post 1173963)
You did kind of bring it on yourself last game.

Which I still maintain is entirely Nikose's fault, as a guy with no ability to clearly explain victory objectives whatsoever.

(gruuuuuuuudge)

Nikose Tyris 12-13-2011 07:20 PM

UNVOTE: INBRED CHOCOBO

VOTE: KERENSKY287

GRUDGE MATCH

Kerensky287 12-13-2011 07:23 PM

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...s/ohgodwhy.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...shots/raeg.jpg

UNVOTE: WHOEVER

VOTE: NIKOSE

BahamutFlare 12-13-2011 09:07 PM

Umm. At the moment, Kerensky seems the weirdest. And he's at the top of my list.

Vote: Kerensky

Kerensky287 12-13-2011 10:22 PM

Fuck you, I'm ALWAYS weird whether I'm mafia or not!

greed 12-14-2011 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpgdemon (Post 1173907)
Greed still hasn't responded to my suspicions about him at all:

Greed. I am suspicious of you, because I attempted to steer us into an actual town dialog, and you respond with a "joke" of, "VOTING RPG BECAUSE HE IS HATIN' ON SILLINESS." Then you vanish, presumably to divert attention from yourself, because everyone else ignored my calling you out earlier. Now that real town dialog has started, you haven't undone your "silly" vote, and you haven't responded to allegations against you.

vote: Greed


I'm on the other side of the fucking planet, last time I checked this thread I was the latest post and I always miss the joke posting period so I wanted to get one in for once.

Unvote: rpgdemon

Happy?

For future reference I'm usually online randomly between midday and midnight my time (usually in the afternoon or after dinner for me) which is midnight and midday east coast US time and no idea what it is for Europe.

Will read the thread a bit more before doing a vote. Nikose's roleclaim seems okay so far, claiming miller day one is literally the best way to use that role for town. If we knock out the likely two-three mafiates (assuming the mafia is 3 maybe 4 people) and can't find the last for a while we can test it then I guess.

Ryanderman 12-14-2011 09:50 AM

Hello everyone!

Not much has caught my eye so far. Nikose is drawing all kinds of attention, but that's normal. And he is often unnervingly accurate, even to members of his own team, when he makes role predictions. So, that might be something to look at later, if we confirm he's the miller.

rpgdemon's calling out the silly day 1 voters struck me as unnecessary. But someone calls them out at some point almost every game, so I can't bank on that thread leading anywhere.

So yeah, I got nothing. But I am here. yay.

Nikose Tyris 12-14-2011 03:24 PM

Too much quiet time for a day 1 game.

I'd like to encourage the lynching of Inbred for his bad logic, or the lynching of Kerensky because, let's face it, it's Kerensky and fuck him.

Bard The 5th LW 12-14-2011 03:49 PM

You people vote and unvote like crazy lets hope I got the count right.

Vote Count

Nikose: 1 (Kerensky)
Kerensky: 3 (Nikose, Moogle, Bahamut Flare)
Greed: 1 (RPGdemon)

It takes 7 to lynch. About four hours until the end of day 1. itll end tomorrow

Geminex 12-14-2011 04:20 PM

Shit, 4 hours? Screw you and your 48-hour days, bard.

Okay, let's get this on.

I've gone through the thread and done a search on everyone, to get a general picture of people's activity.

Mr.Bookworm and Moogle both jumped out as having made absolutely no contribution to any sort of discussion. Bookie made two joke posts, moogle made one, and then they were never heard from again.

A couple of people made minimal contributions, but it's been a fairly small game so far, so I can understand that. Not having said anything, though, is weird.

A bunch more people contributed a lot. Some of these contributions were shakily justified (such as IC's suggestion that we lynch nikose, or nik's initial randomvote), but I don't think any of the high-activity players have displayed overwhelming suspicious activity.

And on the balance? I think I'd prefer to lynch one of the inactives on day 1.

I'm aware that silent people just might be power roles, and that, by raising this point, I'm risking that power roles end up dying. But fact is, I'd rather have talkative players than silent players. Because, whatever happens, we can keep an eye on the talkative ones, and we can analyze their behavior. We can find stuff out. We'll still gain information from the daily discussion and the lynch. And honestly, when I get a power role, I try to at least maintain a pretense of activity. I don't just shut down. And given that they signed up for this game, their shutting down seems very weird.

Honestly, my suspicion is this. The active players are (mostly) clean, and the silent ones decided to lean back and let us tear each other apart. I can't base that on anything, it's a hunch, but it'd explain the general behavior so far, and it ties into my preference of lynching the inactives.

We should definitely keep an eye on... let's see, kerensky, IC, greed, nik, and myself. But for our lynch, let's go after either Moogle or Bookie.

Vote: Moogle.

Edit:
Also, can we extend the days? Please?

Bard The 5th LW 12-14-2011 04:23 PM

Fine, but you guys best pick up the pace in the future! This day will end at a time of my choosing tomorrow. I'll give you a warning before it happens.

BahamutFlare 12-14-2011 04:26 PM

I'm curious as to everyone's opinions.

Kerensky I felt his jokes were just really odd and now a grudge match. Voting for Nikose solely because of a grudge match seems a bit scummy and seems like just an excuse.

Nikose is acting weird too, but I found his posts to be somewhat helpful too.

Overall, I think Kerensky is going a bit too far with everything more so than Nikose and everybody else.

Kerensky287 12-14-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikose Tyris (Post 1174155)
Too much quiet time for a day 1 game.

I'd like to encourage the lynching of Inbred for his bad logic, or the lynching of Kerensky because, let's face it, it's Kerensky and fuck him.

Okay, since the day's apparently over in 4 hours and I have the most votes, it's roleclaim time.

Roleclaim: Finn the Human, Vigilante, Town-aligned.

Right now I'm leaning heavily toward BahamutFlare because of that sharp knee-jerk response to two early joke posts.

I'm also concerned about IC, for that severe push toward Nikose; admittedly I backed that at the beginning, but there just isn't enough evidence to justify that kind of finger-pointing. My own finger-pointing stemmed from the fact that 1) I tend to be rather guillible and accepting, even in mafia games, and I was trying to artificially counteract that, and 2) I didn't understand why someone would claim miller at that specific timeframe - either immediately or much later made sense to me, but not right there.

Still, Nik said that he didn't know about Adventure Time, and the Duke of Nuts is honestly the perfect miller - a fact that I didn't even know until I saw that specific episode. Either he's lying about being unfamiliar with the show (possible/probable!) or he's 100% honest.

Going after Moogle for that jokevote is ill-advised, I think. He has displayed a tendency to just not be around that often for Mafia (which has caused me heartbreak in the past :C ) and while I sincerely hope he'll show before time's up to unvote me, I don't think that sort of thing is a Mafia signal.

Kerensky287 12-14-2011 04:29 PM

Also, Unvote: Nikose in hopes that we can temporarily end this grudge match and reduce my chances of an early lynch. A grudge truce, if you will.

Bard The 5th LW 12-14-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Okay, since the day's apparently over in 4 hours and I have the most votes, it's roleclaim time.
Quote:

Fine, but you guys best pick up the pace in the future! This day will end at a time of my choosing tomorrow. I'll give you a warning before it happens.
.

Kerensky287 12-14-2011 04:35 PM

Thanks. You ninja'd me with that (it was a long post!) but yes, indeed, thanks.

Roleclaim stands. STILL probably not gonna make it to Day 2 because of the evil scary mafia, but hopefully I can get at least one nightkill off. My observations are above, but I'm open to recommendations, assuming I survive.

BahamutFlare appears to have failed to notice that Nikose initiated the grudge match first...?

BahamutFlare 12-14-2011 04:37 PM

Gem and Bard ninja'd me.

I agree with most of what Gem said, but if you have suspicions on people that are active, why go after an inactive?

Geminex 12-14-2011 04:42 PM

Because it's day 1, and whatever suspicions we have, they're based on 1 days' worth of discussion. If we wait, we'll get more evidence. Whereas mutes are always mutes. Plus, mutes don't contribute. Active players do.

Geminex 12-14-2011 04:44 PM

Even if those active players are scum and trying to manipulate town, they're still interacting and sharing info. Leaving evidence, kinda.

That's how I see it, anyway. But that's based on 3 games' worth of experience, so I might be wrong.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.