The Warring States of NPF

The Warring States of NPF (http://www.nuklearforums.com/index.php)
-   Hosted Discussion (http://www.nuklearforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Swordchuck Stage 4: Presentation (http://www.nuklearforums.com/showthread.php?t=36835)

Hanuman 02-23-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katuko (Post 1014051)
Normally I scoff at such titles (even your username's got a flame background) but goddammit, you deserve it.
I'm not usually into religion, but I'll make an exception for swordchuckery.

As for selling these things... is it really such a good idea to let random 8-bit fans with our usual level of geeky retardedness our hands on such weapons? :P

I was actually using apostle as it's true meaning, I guess I overlooked it's religious implications and I think I'll change it, thanks!

Any fire tool can be safe given the proper training, practice, common sense, ect. Any fire tool can be entirely unsafe as well as with any level of danger put in someone's hands there are the odd "freak accidents" but the worst I've ever heard of IRL is 2nd degree burns.. happened to my friend last week in front of a fire safety technician (definition of freak accident).

I'm going to set up filming next month to cover what swordchucks are//how they work as well as cover all the fire safety needed to use them in a separate video (and possibly how to make them, depending if I can spare the funds for that).

Actually, I think I'll write a guide on how to learn to use Swordchucks right now.

Athas 03-02-2010 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lev (Post 1002082)
This could work but I'll have to read into how dangerous covering yourself in fuel and setting yourself on fire is.

Best quote ever.

Is there any video anywhere?

Hanuman 03-02-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athas (Post 1020910)
Best quote ever.

Is there any video anywhere?

Sorry, not yet! We should have a HQ camera soon.
We are waiting on one to cover the depth of flame, as normal youtube-ish cameras only see it as orange outlines, where as fire is MUCH more beautiful than that.

Codemonkey85 03-04-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lev (Post 1002136)
Without my pyrotech license? Big water cannon set up with a high power firehose and a few spotlights shining through it?...

What makes you so freaking cool, Lev, is that you take all of the inane and / or dangerous ravings that the crazy people of these forums vomit at you and you make them sound plausible.

And then for good measure, evidently you do them.

Hanuman 03-04-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codemonkey85 (Post 1021708)
What makes you so freaking cool, Lev, is that you take all of the inane and / or dangerous ravings that the crazy people of these forums vomit at you and you make them sound plausible.

And then for good measure, evidently you do them.

Actually I'm getting the pre-reqs for my CFFPCP, but I'm afraid it will take AT LEAST a couple years before I'm able to use a fire hose for horsing around, or legally set off enough fireworks for the equivalent.

Thank you though =]

suzukiman 04-01-2010 10:31 AM

you could simply use blocks of ice in the form of cold fusion generators this will instantly cause cold fission (from sword chucks) and as a result cold heat add fuel and now you have cold fire. And as we all know from basic physics cold and hot cancel each other out so you will now have room temperature fire. This would also make it safe to indefinitely wear a burning red mage +1 fire helmet of con-fusion

It seems all that is missing is a few courses in basic fission and your good to go .... Just think the ice will cost virtually nothing

Aldurin 04-01-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzukiman (Post 1029565)
you could simply use blocks of ice in the form of cold fusion generators this will instantly cause cold fission (from sword chucks) and as a result cold heat add fuel and now you have cold fire. And as we all know from basic physics cold and hot cancel each other out so you will now have room temperature fire. This would also make it safe to indefinitely wear a burning red mage +1 fire helmet of con-fusion

It seems all that is missing is a few courses in basic fission and your good to go .... Just think the ice will cost virtually nothing

Red Mage would be proud.

:rmage: "I truly am."

Hanuman 04-01-2010 11:01 PM

Ok guys, new news.
The fire community just got a big leap in setting-stuff-on-fire technology, because of the use of pre-Ox wick we can now just hold fire, which means that if applied correctly we can have garments that are just on fire, which is nice to hear since the alternative is kind of risky for more than about 35 seconds.

I have been experimenting with lighting my leather gloves on fire, the ones I use for the swordchucks and they seem to be pretty resistant, so if I create a red mage outfit or cloak out of the standard red fireblanketing aka military cotton I'm pretty sure I can keep some fuel on me enough for a good photo or a short clip granted I wear a leather jacket underneath.

I'll contact some friends and see if I can get someone to wear me as a hat.

Bob The Mercenary 04-01-2010 11:57 PM

Dude, you really have impressed us enough. Don't go getting yourself killed or maimed. Though, with your prowess I'm sure you have the situation well under control.

Glad to hear you're still finding ways to make this even more awesome. Just, be careful! ><

Rejected Again 04-02-2010 12:53 AM

I'd set you on fire myself but I'm lazy.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob the Mercenary (Post 1029765)
Dude, you really have impressed us enough. Don't go getting yourself killed or maimed. Though, with your prowess I'm sure you have the situation well under control.

Glad to hear you're still finding ways to make this even more awesome. Just, be careful! ><

Screw that, I want to visit you in the severe burn unit! I'd do it too....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.