View Single Post
Unread 11-03-2011, 12:37 AM   #5
Arcanum
Strike the Earth!

Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was.

The game's pretty fun, but the biggest fault is by far the "stealth" gameplay. It has been a while since I played U2, so I don't remember if it's the same thing or what, but the "stealth" is pretty much non-existant. Oh sure you can sneak up on people and break their neck, and try to memorize patrols so you can get some sneaky kills, but in the end it's entirely pointless. I have yet to encounter a stealth section that can be beaten with just stealth. Most of the time it's an overlapping patrol, or a guard that stands still and is always watching another guard, and it's impossible to sneak past them. Or there's a heavy-armor guy, whom you can't kill with a sneak attack for some reason.

There's actually one spot at the airport level where I killed every guard quietly, without being noticed, and then at the end of the area there are two guards, side by side, standing right in front of where you have to go.

"Well golly," I hear you protest, "At least you killed all those other guys, so you only have to fight these two, right?"

Wrong. As soon as a shot is fired, or someone sees a corpse, or you're spotted, an army of bad guys crawl out of the walls like a swarm of spiders. So all that stealthing about is pointless, because in the end you still have to fight an army.

/rant

But other than that the game is pretty great.
Arcanum is offline Add to Arcanum's Reputation   Reply With Quote