View Single Post
Unread 05-10-2017, 11:43 AM   #676
Tev
Funka has spoken!

Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know!

Right, so with all the utter insanity going on over Trump sacking FBI Director Comey on top of everything else, there was this one glimmer of news that I really wanted to share:

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson really wants to be president.

Quote:
Speaking with GQ in a wide-ranging profile about his political ambitions and all around nice guy charm, Johnson calls a run for presidency “a real possibility.”

“A year ago ... it started coming up more and more,” he said. “There was a real sense of earnestness, which made me go home and think, ‘Let me really rethink my answer and make sure I am giving an answer that is truthful and also respectful.’”

“Personally, I feel that if I were president, poise would be important. Leadership would be important. Taking responsibility for everybody. [If I didn’t agree with someone] on something, I wouldn’t shut them out. I would actually include them,” he explained. “The first thing we’d do is we’d come and sit down and we’d talk about it.”
And like....I know that this is some fluffed up stuff between both GQ and Huffington Post....and I know that there are most certainly tons of people more qualified to be in that office than The Rock....and I know that having Trump in the White House right now makes it seem like literally anyone (who is a guy with money and fame/infamy) can get in there as well...and I know that the Idiocracy parallel is running at near-peak capacity since we have this in the Oval Office:

...but on some deep cathartic and primal level, I just want to briefly live in a world like this...

Where this guy....

....is face to face with Mitch McConnell?

I have spoken.
Tev is offline Add to Tev's Reputation   Reply With Quote