View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #48
Azisien
wat

Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodHand Prime View Post
Yeah, forget that I have two relevant degrees. I disagree with your sensationalized, completely misinformed opinion, so I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about.
So what?

I have a relevant degree. All my professors probably had bigger relevant degrees than you. For all your high education, you sure do not post citations or actual statistics.

Human CO2 output is inconsequential? I think during your degree you should have studied equilibrium. Yes, the ocean's output is larger than human output (by 10-15 fold or so). However, the ocean is also packed with cyanobacteria constantly pumping out oxygen to roughly equilibrate.

Although comparable to the entire globe human output is still small, not only is it continually growing (and just imagine if every country in the world was industrialized like America is as per Godhand's fantasy world of haze and death smog), but we do not have any oxygen equilibrating process to match our output. While small, we tip the scale, and we tip it fast.

That and we're slaughtering the ocean's cyanobacteria, chopping down our rainforests, and just generally killing things, which destroys further oxygen production. I guess on the plus side if we eat ALL the fish, they won't be doing pesky things like breathing anymore.

EDIT: And the point is that the change is also occurring fast. While I'm not convinced humanity would be utterly destroyed, I don't think any of us can really know how dark the tunnel gets. The planet and its inhabitants requires evolutionary time scales to adapt to planetary-scale changes.

Also, volcanoes? Yeah I'll need to see proof of that. Eruptions have been monitored for decades with no noticeable increase in CO2, they'd be inconsequential to human output. The biggest, most fantastic volcanoes ever in the history of the world can affect climate, sure, but through processes other than just CO2.

Last edited by Azisien; 06-16-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Azisien is offline Add to Azisien's Reputation