The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 05-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #81
Kepor
pretty cool guy

Kepor is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. Kepor is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
well, we've known since BM destroyed all those icebergs that he really does have the power to end the world a dozen times over
So BM is really global warming?
Kepor is offline Add to Kepor's Reputation  
Unread 05-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #82
Quseio
Goomba

Quseio is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

sardaas gunna get it on with wm and black mage becomes o enraged he destroys reality but sarda just makes a new one...
Quseio is offline Add to Quseio's Reputation  
Unread 05-02-2009, 02:55 AM   #83
Selfish
mammothtank send me that link again

Selfish has a spectacular disco-style aura about.
Send a message via AIM to Selfish

Is ten to four on Saturday. Let's see how this pans out. Might be the end, might not.

"The internet: where you can show the world that you're doodling on your flesh and receive tangible rewards." - sekrit persun on NPF.
Selfish is offline Add to Selfish's Reputation  
Unread 05-02-2009, 03:58 AM   #84
Zinos
Troopa

Zinos is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Im pretty sure it will backfire somehow or Sarda will do something to be "The Wizard who did it."
Unread 05-02-2009, 05:01 AM   #85
Moogleking
King of the dancing Teddy Bears.

Moogleking is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via MSN to Moogleking

I genuinely can't wait.

Also, why no Moogles in 8 bit theatre
Moogleking is offline Add to Moogleking's Reputation  
Unread 05-02-2009, 05:44 AM   #86
Neni
Troublesome Summoner turned 18

Neni has a spectacular disco-style aura about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tev View Post
Can't we compromise? Can't like White Mage show up and flaunt her boobies after Black Mage has his cool moment but before he gets around to unleashing ultimate death on his own team?

That sounds like a good compromiss to me! Deal!
Unread 05-02-2009, 08:24 AM   #87
Red King
I knew youd say something like that

Red King has a spectacular disco-style aura about.

Ok.

Everybody seems so desperate to find a meaning here, like it's an actual event that will happen, to the point where it's mentioned in almost every single thread.

Unless Brian has said something different, am I the ONLY one who thinks this is just something Black Mage was imagining out of anger? Especially when you take his comment about "I'm going to look back on this one day and think it's hilarious, I'll kill them all anyways, but at least we can laugh about it". That seems to fit with the dialogue in the above panels. I never thought it was anything special until I started reading the conspiracy threads.

Don't get me wrong. It would be awesome if it was some foretelling comic of a shadowy future of some epic faceoff between BM and someone else. But that doesn't mean it has to be mentioned even in places where it couldn't possibly be the case.

Please excuse my brick of text.

Also, for this comic:
..That's just fricken' awesome.
Red King is offline Add to Red King's Reputation  
Unread 05-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #88
Fiye
Troopa

Fiye is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

No, no RoyoR. I think you're right about that.

People are over analytical of Brian's stuff.

Especially stuff he did 5+ years ago.
Fiye is offline Add to Fiye's Reputation  
Unread 05-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #89
Ash Williams
Goomba

Ash Williams is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyoR View Post
Ok.

Everybody seems so desperate to find a meaning here, like it's an actual event that will happen, to the point where it's mentioned in almost every single thread.

Unless Brian has said something different, am I the ONLY one who thinks this is just something Black Mage was imagining out of anger? Especially when you take his comment about "I'm going to look back on this one day and think it's hilarious, I'll kill them all anyways, but at least we can laugh about it". That seems to fit with the dialogue in the above panels. I never thought it was anything special until I started reading the conspiracy threads.

Don't get me wrong. It would be awesome if it was some foretelling comic of a shadowy future of some epic faceoff between BM and someone else. But that doesn't mean it has to be mentioned even in places where it couldn't possibly be the case.

Please excuse my brick of text.

Also, for this comic:
..That's just fricken' awesome.
I agree completely. Actually, I only made an account for the forums so I could comment on this. The text in 434 was made just for that punch line, and it is obvious that this is the case. Unless Brian said anything to suggest otherwise, the is no reason for people to try and connect 434 with future comics. Also, how people don't know that it was Black Mage talking is ridiculous.

Anyways, as for the comic, even if Black Mage IS absorbing them there is no way he can stand up to Sarda. Sarda is the most powerful character in the comic, bar none. You can't get any more powerful than omnipotent. So, barring unforeseen plot developments involving Sarda, even if Black Mage does come close to Sarda's power level the most he could ever hope to get against him is a tie.

Also, while it seems Black Mage dwarfs the other Light Warriors in raw power at the moment, that doesn't mean he can defeat them no matter what. Red Mage is capable of taking out the universe using Ice 9 which IIRC is a larger scale than what Black Mage has done. Of course if it did take him out, all it would do is send all of them (sans Fighter most likely) to Hell, where Black Mage would just end taking over again, but still. I'm sure Thief could manage taking over Hell using his craftiness or Red Mage with some ingenious usage of animal husbandry (jk).

tl;dr:

Stop worrying about 434, Sarda > Black Mage, Ice 9 possibly > Black Mage.
Ash Williams is offline Add to Ash Williams's Reputation  
Unread 05-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #90
Codemonkey85
Developer, time waster

Codemonkey85 is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via ICQ to Codemonkey85 Send a message via AIM to Codemonkey85 Send a message via MSN to Codemonkey85 Send a message via Yahoo to Codemonkey85 Send a message via Skype™ to Codemonkey85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Williams View Post
The text in 434 was made just for that punch line, and it is obvious that this is the case. Unless Brian said anything to suggest otherwise, the is no reason for people to try and connect 434 with future comics.
I think the reason people have clung so tightly to the idea is because we all really want to see Fighter vs. Black Mage in an epic battle at the end of the comic. Or a variation (which really comes out to be BM vs. whoever).

But honestly, the only thing we can know for certain about what the end of the comic will bring is that there will be character death, and it will be someone well-liked by the fans. I'm counting on it. I will literally buy every single person on these forums a pizza if there isn't a well-liked character death between now and the end of this comic.

How do I know? Brian's a jerk. He kind of reminds me of Joss Whedon in that one small way.

Also, the suggestion that BM was just talking to himself in 434 is absurdly funny. I wouldn't be all that disappointed if that turned out to be the case.

Last edited by Codemonkey85; 05-02-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Codemonkey85 is offline Add to Codemonkey85's Reputation