The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Playing Games
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 09-24-2014, 10:00 PM   #1
MuMu
Rocky Wrench

MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know!
Video Games Steam thread for discounts, talking and giving

Post whatever you need about games coming out, good deals, gift giving or general PC videogame shit.

Like before I have ~COUPONS~ so whoever wants it, just say

I've been playing some Van Helsing and it's a really well done Diablo-like so I'd reccomend the sequel if you're interested in killing lots of mobs and grabbing some fresh loot

slightly related, Gaben-chan finally got noticed by senpai and pretty much everything is coming for PC! Final Fantasy games, Way of the Samurai, Wrestling 2k15, Metal Gear, it might just be the year of the console ports here.

Last edited by MuMu; 10-08-2014 at 09:10 PM.
MuMu is offline Add to MuMu's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
MuMu
Rocky Wrench

MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know! MuMu INVENTED reputation, you know!

Vote for the Golden Joysticks and win a copy of XCOM, in case you haven't bought it in the many years it has been on sale.
Unread 10-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #3
Karrrrrrrrrrrresche
Objectively The Third Worst

Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them.
Send a message via AIM to Karrrrrrrrrrrresche Send a message via MSN to Karrrrrrrrrrrresche

Just gonna treat this like the new discount/sales thread for a bit. I signed up for GreenMan Gaming again because I forgot my old info and ended up getting a discount code for 23% off that I believe will apply to anything.

So first, here's my referral link which if you use/sign up will give me and you $2 credit after you make a purchase, which is nice.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=netixiho

Here's the discount code. Which is valid till October 10th Hence why I'm giving it away because I dunno what to buy.
D28ME7-IDKKRU-YG84CT

And additionally even if you don't end up being the one to use it you can still get a 20% discount on basically anything (I used it for Shadow of Mordor WHICH PROTIP YOU SHOULD BUY ITS INCREDIBLE). As far as I know the only thing with the code is it changes every month.
http://wizzywizzyweb.gmgcdn.com/medi...-Box-Oct10.jpg

Also here's
Sanctum H03AZ-GIPIF-Y7I55

Gun Monkeys
TDQQQ-9LW2T-DX92G

And Canyon Capers
2PL8J-MVG8W-Q3RV9

I don't know if these will be usable with Steam but it's worth a shot I guess.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old�s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.
Karrrrrrrrrrrresche is offline Add to Karrrrrrrrrrrresche's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #4
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire

Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way.
Send a message via AIM to Solid Snake

100% agreed on Shadow of Mordor being 100% awesome. I'm not sure if it's my subjective favorite game of the year so far because I'm heavily biased in favor of RPGs and story-heavy content, but if I ever attempted to be some kind of 'objective' games critic this would be my Game of the Year for the Nemesis system alone. It's certainly going to be the most influential game released this year in terms of influencing the future of gaming. This Nemesis thing is going to be everywhere if other game developers are smart enough to steal it.

But basically, Shadow of Mordor is everything Assassins Creed should have become several iterations ago, only the AC folks got greedy and stuck to a dated formula. I can't wait until it's used with human opponents and not just orcs, because as great as the orcs are it's going to be even more emotionally investing when you're staring at (scarred) human faces and (battered) human personalities.

What's funny about Shadows of Mordor is that it's a decently competent but completely average game without the Nemesis system -- so don't buy the upcoming PS3 or X360 versions, the mechanic is neutered there. The Nemesis system alone gives Shadows the entirety of its incredible value.
Unread 10-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #5
Aldurin
Lakitu

Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk. Aldurin is the 13th apostle of funk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
100% agreed on Shadow of Mordor being 100% awesome. I'm not sure if it's my subjective favorite game of the year so far because I'm heavily biased in favor of RPGs and story-heavy content, but if I ever attempted to be some kind of 'objective' games critic this would be my Game of the Year for the Nemesis system alone. It's certainly going to be the most influential game released this year in terms of influencing the future of gaming. This Nemesis thing is going to be everywhere if other game developers are smart enough to steal it.

But basically, Shadow of Mordor is everything Assassins Creed should have become several iterations ago, only the AC folks got greedy and stuck to a dated formula. I can't wait until it's used with human opponents and not just orcs, because as great as the orcs are it's going to be even more emotionally investing when you're staring at (scarred) human faces and (battered) human personalities.

What's funny about Shadows of Mordor is that it's a decently competent but completely average game without the Nemesis system -- so don't buy the upcoming PS3 or X360 versions, the mechanic is neutered there. The Nemesis system alone gives Shadows the entirety of its incredible value.
There's nothing quite like that "ohshit" you get when you accidentally stumble on two Captains when you've really fallen behind on your intel game. Or the ohshit when you kill both of those Captains only to have one come back like a Saturday Morning Cartoon villain every thirty minutes.

And with the whole way the story fits into the LotR canon seems to work very well, a lot like Star Wars: Force Unleashed except that it's not shit and doesn't raise a bunch of stupid questions.
Aldurin is offline Add to Aldurin's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2014, 11:06 PM   #6
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire

Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldurin View Post
And with the whole way the story fits into the LotR canon seems to work very well, a lot like Star Wars: Force Unleashed except that it's not shit and doesn't raise a bunch of stupid questions.
Yeah. I'm not sure if Tolkien himself would approve, but the elf character's reveal actually has led me to research a lot of awesome LotR lore that I'd otherwise have been blissfully unaware about.
Unread 10-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #7
Aerozord
So we are clear

Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Aerozord would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was.
Send a message via AIM to Aerozord Send a message via MSN to Aerozord Send a message via Yahoo to Aerozord

Hey guys the original Payday is completely free for 24 hours
Unread 10-16-2014, 02:51 PM   #8
Arcanum
Strike the Earth!

Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was.

There will also be 10 games that you can play for free this weekend. Yes, that's right, 10. Here's the list:

Quote:
Awesomenauts
Blade Symphony
Company of Heroes 2
Don't Starve
Grid 2
Injustice
Killing Floor
Payday 2
Trine 2
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Source.
Unread 10-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #9
MuMu
Rocky Wrench

Valkyria Chronicles coming for PC

Also, Halloween sale most likely this week, get your wallets ready for spooky games
Unread 10-28-2014, 08:28 PM   #10
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire

Look, you could be playing a game that's not TIE Fighter on your PC right now, or you could be playing the best PC game ever made
Choice is yours, choose wisely

EDIT: You gotta go on GOG.com for that shit, though, Steam ain't good enough for TIE

EDIT 2: Like what are you waiting for you should have bought it before reading this post

EDIT 3: Killing rebel scum has never been so amazing

EDIT 4: Grand Admiral Thrawn is all up in that shit, because he's awesome

EDIT 5: TIE Defenders are the best

EDIT 6: Alpha Centauri is also on GOG.com and is worth all your money

EDIT 7: Beyond Earth desperately needs an expansion to borrow some of Alpha Centauri's personality

EDIT 8: Editing posts is fun! How's it going guys

Last edited by Solid Snake; 10-28-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Solid Snake is offline Add to Solid Snake's Reputation   Reply With Quote