The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 11-02-2005, 02:06 PM   #1
Premmy
Stop the hate

Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own.
Send a message via AIM to Premmy Send a message via Yahoo to Premmy
Doin' it the hard way

ever come to an obstacle in a video game
where there is an easy way to beat the boss cross the gap whatever,
and its blatantly obvious but you still don't see it?
so you take an insanely hard route, somehow make it,
then when faced with the same problem in a different way, figure out the easy
way like an epiphany and feel five kinds of stupid?
Unread 11-02-2005, 02:22 PM   #2
plustax101
Shyguy

plustax101 is on the way to destruction.

I did that in resident evil four. I kept on trying to snipe the guy in the gatling gun and he didn't die. Needless to say when I went online to figure out how to kill him I thought DUH!
plustax101 is offline Add to plustax101's Reputation  
Unread 11-02-2005, 07:08 PM   #3
The_Bear
Using the same avatar since 2003

The_Bear is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

I remember the last boss in Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (for SNES). Not the hardest boss in the world, but he went through around 4 transformations throughout the entire battle, the last one having an attack that always hit the character you didn't want it to hit. Anyway, a few weeks after beating the game, I stumbled upon a stratgey guide for it. Naturally, I flipped to the final boss section out of curiosity. Then I saw that you could beat the boss by casting "Life" on him 3 times. All that work for something I could've done in 2 turns.

In the final dungeon of FF1, I spent at least 3 hours wandering around trying to find the way down to the final floor. I had to leave twice to re-stock on items. The good news is I gained 5 levels while being completely lost.

There are also a lot of times in various games where I spent up to half an hour looking for a switch, items, or enemy that was right next to where I started looking. Too many times to count, really.
Unread 11-02-2005, 07:34 PM   #4
DFM
Om Nom Nom

DFM can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. DFM can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. DFM can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. DFM can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. DFM can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. DFM can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. DFM can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. DFM can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Send a message via AIM to DFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bear
There are also a lot of times in various games where I spent up to half an hour looking for a switch, items, or enemy that was right next to where I started looking. Too many times to count, really.
Thank you, God, I'm not the only one. :stressed:
[14:26] ManoftheRus: YOU GODDAMN SNEAKY DEE
DFM is offline Add to DFM's Reputation  
Unread 11-02-2005, 08:59 PM   #5
Igtok
Gone Forever

Igtok is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

In Final Fantasy 6 I must have spent hours just trying to beat Wrexsoul (Boss of "dreamland"). after the feat was accomplished I realized that you only had to cast X-Zone on him. It would have been embarassing if not for the fact that X-Zone doesn't work on any other boss in the game!
Igtok is offline Add to Igtok's Reputation  
Unread 11-02-2005, 09:35 PM   #6
Lord Bitememan
Mega Newbie

Lord Bitememan is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Lord Bitememan Send a message via MSN to Lord Bitememan

Trying to beat Diablo 2 with a Necromancer. . . I learned the easy way is to beat it with anyone but a Necromancer. lol
Unread 11-02-2005, 11:03 PM   #7
Karrrrrrrrrrrresche
Objectively The Third Worst

Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them.
Send a message via AIM to Karrrrrrrrrrrresche Send a message via MSN to Karrrrrrrrrrrresche

In Elderscrolls Morrowind i tried joining the imperials but couldnt find gnisis the city where you sign up.
So i went on a quest to find it.
This quest took me all the way to the other end of Morrowind
if youve ever played the game you know thats quite a distance.
Well this was dum of me because the dam transport system of morrowind takes you Directly to Gnisis FROM THE STARTING CITY!
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old�s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.
Karrrrrrrrrrrresche is offline Add to Karrrrrrrrrrrresche's Reputation  
Unread 11-02-2005, 11:11 PM   #8
Carnivore
Skank

Carnivore is an unknown quantity at this point.

Final Fantasy 7, in the mountains of Nibelheim. At the Materia Keeper boss, I didn't realise I could attack it from that angle, so I walked around for a few hours, lost in the moutain till I found my way back.
Unread 11-02-2005, 11:23 PM   #9
Rock Crystal
Fighter+Awsomeness=Gourry

Rock Crystal is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Rock Crystal

Every single strategy game I ever played. I spend WAY too much time on defense, when sometimes a good rush attack is all you need...
<pause>
<T-Rex asplodes>
:rmage:: Exactly. <poses>
Rock Crystal is offline Add to Rock Crystal's Reputation  
Unread 11-03-2005, 12:16 AM   #10
PyrosNine
Zettai Hero

PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier. PyrosNine is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via AIM to PyrosNine Send a message via Yahoo to PyrosNine

Lemme See, Ever defeat a level using a bug or a glitch?
In halo, when you are looking for the Cartographer's thingy, there's a view where Chief kicks a rock down into the abyss. If you have full health and overshield, and leap down, you can land on the lower level and bypass alot of enemies, then immediately grab some health to help you on the way back up.

A few times in Half Life and the like, instead of doing something the smart way (I think it involved turning on some turrets and hitting some explosive barrels) I kept going up to a hiding place where they couldn't get me and continually sniping. Then I just ran in meleeing.

Also, ever beaten the final boss of a game armed with almost nothing? I do totally remember defeating the final boss of Half Life only with 4 good rocket's and my crowbar.

Current Works for reading: War Between them, Karma Police.

PyrosNine: Weirdo Magnet Extraordinaire!

Last edited by PyrosNine; 11-03-2005 at 03:21 PM.
PyrosNine is offline Add to PyrosNine's Reputation