The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 11-07-2005, 10:33 PM   #1
catlover20410
Computer mage-in-training

catlover20410 is on the way to destruction.
Send a message via Yahoo to catlover20410
Default I was going through the Archives of Ancientness...

...and I noticed that BM used to seem a wee bit more powerful. He made references quite commonly to nigh-godly powers. Not quite King of Hell BM level, but pretty darned good. We saw a lot of this kind of stuff when the Light Warriors were traveling through the Dwarven lands, burning villages. Now, BM seems to have little more than the standard spells and his stabbin knife. And hadoken.

Kinda odd. Compared to what he implied he was capable of in days of old, our favorite mage seems to have become kinda....wimpy,
Knowing BM as we do, if he saw his baby sister bitten by a dire elk, he would turn and walk the other way, before the elk noticed him. But what if the baby sister didn't die, and was found by travelers who deposited her with some tree hugging hippies in white robes? For all we know, White Mage could be Black Mage's long lost sister.
catlover20410 is offline Add to catlover20410's Reputation  
Unread 11-07-2005, 10:48 PM   #2
Kurosen
Hmph, what a waste of words.

Kurosen single-handedly slew a dragon. Kurosen single-handedly slew a dragon. Kurosen single-handedly slew a dragon. Kurosen single-handedly slew a dragon. Kurosen single-handedly slew a dragon. Kurosen single-handedly slew a dragon.

Quote:
Compared to what he implied he was capable of
Maybe he's a liar.
Kurosen is offline Add to Kurosen's Reputation  
Unread 11-07-2005, 10:53 PM   #3
mammothtank
We make good team!

mammothtank is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to mammothtank Send a message via MSN to mammothtank

But he is powerful. Remember "Exploding Tuesday?" BM used no less than four massive spells to blast icebergs. He's not wimpy; he's just a little conservative.
And although we knew
This time would come for me and you
Don't say anything tonight if you're gonna say goodbye
(Skillet - Say Goodbye)
mammothtank is offline Add to mammothtank's Reputation  
Unread 11-08-2005, 03:06 AM   #4
The
Troopa

The is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

he might have been, and I would dismiss it as such, were it not for the massive display of power in the dwarven lands. As for the conservatism: what about BM is conservative? at all?
The is offline Add to The's Reputation  
Unread 11-08-2005, 04:15 AM   #5
Pure Imaginary
Lost in 16-bit

Pure Imaginary is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Remember BM's atrociously evil side that is paired with his "regular" evil side? BM has had the wisdom to not give into the former.

Yet.

And that is what would make him "conservative" in *some* regards.
Pure Imaginary is offline Add to Pure Imaginary's Reputation  
Unread 11-08-2005, 02:17 PM   #6
catlover20410
Computer mage-in-training

catlover20410 is on the way to destruction.
Send a message via Yahoo to catlover20410

True. But I point to the comic where WM said that if the contents of the universe collapsed into a single point, it would not be enough duress to make her like Bm. BM said something along the lines of "ya wanna bet?" and stood there in that cool mage stance, and I'm PRETTY sure he was crackling with energy, as if he was gonna do it. He may have not been all energy crackly, but he was gonna do it. I think.
Knowing BM as we do, if he saw his baby sister bitten by a dire elk, he would turn and walk the other way, before the elk noticed him. But what if the baby sister didn't die, and was found by travelers who deposited her with some tree hugging hippies in white robes? For all we know, White Mage could be Black Mage's long lost sister.
catlover20410 is offline Add to catlover20410's Reputation  
Unread 11-09-2005, 11:46 PM   #7
Pierce
Insidious Chain-Wielder

Pierce is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Hmm...Maybe he leveled up and upped his Wis. Back in- The Day! (TM) - He put marriage counseling on the map just to blow up a bee. Now, he saves up for the maximum *Boom!* for the smallest *Grunt*. If'n hed'a squandered his *Grunt*, Exploding Tuesday would have been a lot wetter.

He's kinda like me, in a way. Just 'cause I got lotsa HP doesn't make me wanna give any up.
Unread 11-10-2005, 02:10 AM   #8
POS Industries
Argus Agony

POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.
Send a message via AIM to POS Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce
He put marriage counseling on the map just to blow up a bee.
...and we all salute him for it. However, it's possible that BM's just a little less drunk on his own power than he was at the start of the comic. Of course, I'm banking on the reason supplied in this thread by the author ("Maybe he's a liar").

But then, what if Brian's a liar, too? I don't know what to believe anymore.
Unread 11-10-2005, 07:21 AM   #9
Amake
Keeper of the new

Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something.

Remember when Brian said all the characters are exactly as powerful as the joke requires them to be, at any given time?
Amake is offline Add to Amake's Reputation  
Unread 11-10-2005, 07:39 AM   #10
POS Industries
Argus Agony

POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.
Send a message via AIM to POS Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible Queen
Remember when Brian said all the characters are exactly as powerful as the joke requires them to be, at any given time?
I can't read or write, so no.

Yes, yes, I know I'm just as guilty of contributing to this nonsense as anyone else, but I was feeling nice today, unlike in this post.

I mean, I don't want to be a jerk every day. Variety is the spice of, um, stuff. Also, I really liked Pierce's line about the bee.

I think maybe Brian (acting through BM) perhaps got tired of having to reiterate how powerful he was. Plot-wise, all the other characters are well aware of it, as should the readers. As has been pointed out before, Fighter has only uttered the phrase "I like swords" a very finite number of times, but it doesn't mean that he loves swords any less. This is probably no different.

So says me.