The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 10-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
Squall Leonhart
Renzokuken, The Relentless Revolver

Squall Leonhart is a name known to all, except that guy. Squall Leonhart is a name known to all, except that guy.
Send a message via MSN to Squall Leonhart Send a message via Skype™ to Squall Leonhart
Default My iPod won't synchronize with iTunes.

So I tried to sync' my iPod the other day and it turns out it only starts charging its battery. iTunes doesn't show it on it's left bar at all and Windows doesn't even seem to recognize it. I even tried plugging it to another computer here but it still doesn't work. I tried downgrading from version 8 to 7 to see if that would do, but it's all the same. It's a 2 Gb iPod Nano, if that helps any.
You find beauty in the simplicity of everyday objects, but lack the vision to imagine those everyday objects transforming into awesome robots.
Squall Leonhart is offline Add to Squall Leonhart's Reputation  
Unread 10-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
synkr0nized
synk-ism

synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law. synkr0nized isn't just above the law -- they are the law.
Send a message via ICQ to synkr0nized Send a message via AIM to synkr0nized Send a message via MSN to synkr0nized Send a message via Skype™ to synkr0nized
Default buy a Macololol

Has it synch'd before?
Do you plug the Nano in first and let it open iTunes, or do you have iTunes open first?

Porrrhaps you should remove and re-install iTunes to see if that does anything.

Find love.
synkr0nized is offline Add to synkr0nized's Reputation  
Unread 10-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
Squall Leonhart
Renzokuken, The Relentless Revolver

Squall Leonhart is a name known to all, except that guy. Squall Leonhart is a name known to all, except that guy.
Send a message via MSN to Squall Leonhart Send a message via Skype™ to Squall Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized View Post
Has it synch'd before?
Do you plug the Nano in first and let it open iTunes, or do you have iTunes open first?

Porrrhaps you should remove and re-install iTunes to see if that does anything.
Yes, I've been able to synch' it before, but it has stopped for some reason. I've tried plugging it before and after iTunes runs but nothing happens. I've downgraded iTunes thinking that might do, but nothing happened either. The iPod runs fine, other than that.

Additionally, I forgot to mention it's a second generation Nano, if that helps any.

EDIT: The problem has been solved! If anyone happens to stumble upon the same problem or some similar failure, try pressing the Menu Button and the Center Button to make your iPod enter some sort of Failsafe Mode (I don't know if that's the proper term, sorry). You'll see the Apple logo on the screen. Then, press and hold the Play/Pause button along the Center Button to enter Disk Mode. This way, it's almost guaranteed to be recognized and from there, you can go on and format the unit and resynch' the bastard to its former glory. Technology's my bitch.
You find beauty in the simplicity of everyday objects, but lack the vision to imagine those everyday objects transforming into awesome robots.

Last edited by Squall Leonhart; 10-16-2008 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Problem Solved!
Squall Leonhart is offline Add to Squall Leonhart's Reputation