The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 02-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #1
TheSparrow
Waylaid by Jackassery.

TheSparrow is like one of those neat quartz stones you find at the beach.
Default Dollhouse

I am surprised that with as many Joss Whedon fanboys on here, you dont have a thread spazing out about this. :p
Unread 02-07-2009, 12:48 AM   #2
Kim
adorable

Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.

Well, would you mind telling me what this is? I kind of have to know what we're talking about before I can even vaguely think about giving a damn.
Unread 02-07-2009, 01:12 AM   #3
TheSparrow
Waylaid by Jackassery.

TheSparrow is like one of those neat quartz stones you find at the beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonCon View Post
Well, would you mind telling me what this is? I kind of have to know what we're talking about before I can even vaguely think about giving a damn.
Apparently it is Joss Whedon's new show on fox...it Premieres Feb 13th. It stars Eliza Dushku and is about people called "dolls" that get their minds wiped and replaced with different memories, languages, skills etc, and then rented out for jobs like crimes or fantasies, then have their minds wiped again.
Unread 02-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #4
Mannix
Tenacious C

Mannix is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. Mannix is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.

Just saw the first episode. It was pretty meh, but because it's Joss I'll give it a little more time.
Unread 02-25-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
Specterbane
Safety First

Specterbane is a name known to all, except that guy. Specterbane is a name known to all, except that guy.
Send a message via AIM to Specterbane Send a message via Yahoo to Specterbane

It's got potential, but it seems like they're trying to get the different personalities and stuff they pull on Burn Notice, while mixing in the hot leading actress being a strong woman in a world gone crazy from Dark Angle (an old show indeed) minus the post Apocalypse scene.

But it's got a pretty strong cast and hey, Joss Whedon. So it's got potential.
Specterbane is offline Add to Specterbane's Reputation  
Unread 02-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #6
Magic_Marker
Moonwalk Away.

Magic_Marker INVENTED reputation, you know! Magic_Marker INVENTED reputation, you know! Magic_Marker INVENTED reputation, you know! Magic_Marker INVENTED reputation, you know! Magic_Marker INVENTED reputation, you know! Magic_Marker INVENTED reputation, you know! Magic_Marker INVENTED reputation, you know! Magic_Marker INVENTED reputation, you know!

I don't know...The second episode was a definite improvement. I'll keep watching for a while but if Whedon doesn't have me hooked by episode 4 I'm out
Magic_Marker is offline Add to Magic_Marker's Reputation  
Unread 02-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
G.I.R.
Like... with Jetpacks?

G.I.R. is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to G.I.R.

So... disregard my post... it is apparently only a rumor. There is also rumor that it is Sean Meyer(Simon Tam). but who knows... I like the show do far though.
People... what a bunch of bastards!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesJessa View Post
Now I'm just waiting for someone else to use the "paste" feature on my computer and get "Bitch cock cock whore slut."

Last edited by G.I.R.; 02-26-2009 at 02:35 PM.
G.I.R. is offline Add to G.I.R.'s Reputation  
Unread 02-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #8
Mannix
Tenacious C

Mannix is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. Mannix is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.

There have been rumors that he's having the same old problems with Fox that he had for Firefly, namely having to change up episode order.

After his success with Dr Horrible, one can only hope that this has soured him to networks forever and he'll be all about putting stuff on the internet.
Unread 02-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
Nique
Niqo Niqo Nii~

Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Yeah I have a big problem with the way FOX is marketing his show and I can see their influence in episode 1 at least. I feel like Joss is maybe going to come out later and we'll find out its like Firefly all over again.

Then again, maybe Joss just knows what he's getting into and he's making a show that he wants to make that happens to fit in with what FOX wants.
Unread 02-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #10
Lumenskir
Speed-Suit

Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.

If I do ever get around to watching this, I'll probably just start around episode 6.
People living through a golden age often donít know. And itís important that they do, because this golden age, as with all the ones that lie behind us, depends on patronage. If enough people lament the death of culture, culture will die, no matter how sophisticated our means of disseminating it.
Lumenskir is offline Add to Lumenskir's Reputation