The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 02-15-2005, 09:46 PM   #1
Wolf99x
EEEEEEYYYYYY!

Wolf99x is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Wolf99x Send a message via Yahoo to Wolf99x
Default Cyber Wars Chapter 23: Shatterpoint

OOC: new chapter

BIC: Wolf hated what he was about to do, but he understood why it must be done, just as he understood back at Century Plaza.

"...let's go..." he said to the others as he began to turn and head away from the battle...and towards the log out point. "Once we're clear of this block we can call in a Phantom transport to pick us up."

Kaitlin tried to reach out to Wolf, but he was already too far away, leaping off the roof and down to the streets below.

Kaitiln looked at him, then over to everyone else. For a breif second she made eye contact with Jade, and gave her a look that could only be interpreted as "something is very wrong here".

Then Kaitlin was headed back down to street level.
Originally Posted by Dante
Wolf99x: The rogue, the professional who gets the job done by any and all means necessary
"I'd shoot you but it might create a time paradox" -Aeris: VGCats.

Cyber Wars I: Sept. 2003-June 2005. 24 chapters, 2 servers, 2 GMs, 7 Outstanding Players
Wolf99x is offline Add to Wolf99x's Reputation  
Unread 02-15-2005, 09:53 PM   #2
batgirl
Aim for the top!

batgirl is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. batgirl is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. batgirl is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. batgirl is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. batgirl is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. batgirl is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. batgirl is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. batgirl is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world.
Send a message via AIM to batgirl Send a message via MSN to batgirl

What the hell? This is very unlike Wolf... She was thinking about overriding his order, but a glare from Scrya made her think otherwise. "Alright let's go then." As she jumped down to the street, she walked up to Kaitlin. "I don't like this at all. We should get him back as soon as possible."
batgirl is offline Add to batgirl's Reputation  
Unread 02-15-2005, 10:23 PM   #3
Squishy Cheeks
Cheers!

Squishy Cheeks is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Squishy Cheeks Send a message via MSN to Squishy Cheeks

The raven's kept up their attack

ooc: post to subsribe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silky Johnson
I hate you, I hate you, I don't even know you and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you.
Squishy Cheeks is offline Add to Squishy Cheeks's Reputation  
Unread 02-15-2005, 10:43 PM   #4
Darth SS
I do the numbers.

Darth SS is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Darth SS is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Darth SS is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Darth SS is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life.

Angel jumped off the window, and snapped his wings out.

Then he swooped down, and caught Kaitlin. "I'm going to be fast. I think I know what's up with Wolf. And trust me, asking him what he's doing is not going to help. He's going to need you now."

By then, Angel was near ground level and he deposited her on the ground. Then he kept flying ahead, guns out, and snapped shots into the few hostiles that were in their way.
Darth SS is offline Add to Darth SS's Reputation  
Unread 02-15-2005, 10:57 PM   #5
Wolf99x
EEEEEEYYYYYY!

OOC: GAH! Don't do that! You almost destroyed a half-hour's worth of work!

BIC: Kaitlin couldn't think of anything to say to Wolf...so she just watched him walk away, his shoulders hunched over, and looking down at the ground. She started to walk, keeping her distance from him. Jade caught up with her.

"This is definetely not right...I didn't expect him to just up and walk away" she said to Jade.

"Have you noticed that he's been a little...off lately?" Jade asked her.

"Well, other than getting distracted by snow suddenly appearing in Los Angeles...no."

"Maybe I'm just reading too much into this..."

"Perhaps...but this still isn't something I'd expect Jason to do. Maybe the loss of Team Epsillion is causing him to rethink things..."

"I think it runs a bit deeper than that. Today in general hasn't been low stress."

"Yeah. It's not every day a city gets torn apart."

"This is just my opinion, but I think he might be...well...losing it"

"Of all the people here...I thought he'd be the last one anyone would suggest that they were losing it. It just doesn't seem possible..."

"Well, I remember when he wanted to rescue you, he wasn't acting rational either. But Wolf is smart, smarter than most soldiers. He's been weighing the odds all along. I think it's come to his realization that there is a really good chance that we aren't going to make it out of this one."

"...and now he's having trouble remaining optimistic. I get it."

"I have to admit the odds are really not with us." Jade took a quick look around the empty and burning city, "And as much as I want to say that we've been through worse...we haven't."

"The fate of the world is a hard burden to carry..." Kaitlin said softly

"I don't see why he thinks he has to carry it alone."

"Maybe he's afraid to trust it to anyone else. After all, he spent 5 years believeing that he was consistently failing, bouncing from unit to unit across the globe, until he finally managed to find me."

"I know. Somehow I think this is my fault. I shouldn't have been so anxious to make him XO"

"No, it's not your fault. If you hadn't done it, he probably wouldn't have been in a good enough position to keep the team together after you went to prison."

Jade nodded. "He's the best soldier I've ever met, none of my other XO's could compare to him. I guess I thought something like this wouldn't happen to him."

"Well...hopefully we can somehow make sure he doesn't crack under the pressure."

For a while the two walked, keeping their distance from Wolf but still close enough to help him in case he got jumped. Finally, Jade spoke again.

"You know, after he told me about you, he couldn't stop talking about you."

"Well, at that time Coyote was threatening to destroy the Cyber World, right?"

"Yes"

"Well, he was obviously worried that if the Cyber World were to be destroyed, then I'd probably end up dead. And you have to keep in mind its not easy for someone to search for 5 years and then suddenly come up short. And he did really care about me and fear for my safety."

"I know..." There was a slience between the two for a minute. "Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead"

"What was it like...being under MM's control?"

Kaitlin thought for a second. "Imagine being stuck in a nightmare in which you cannot awake. Where your mind is fully alive, but your body is dead to you. You are never allowed to be alone with your thoughts, because he is constantly running through your head. All that remains is a desperate hope that at some point the nightmare will end and you will wake up free." she shuddered slightly from the old and painful memories.

"I think I understand. While not being brainwashed, I was in a similar position with the General, although not to the extent that you were I'm sure."

"Yeah...still, there are similarities."

"I think all of us were under some sort of control before, that's why we fight so hard to stop it from happening all over the world."

Kaitlin nodded "Yeah...it seems as if we just all want to be masters of our own destiny again...yet it just becomes harder to get back to that time."

"Yes, that's why I'm concerned for Wol-I mean Jason. I don't know how much more he can take of this. He wants so badly to be free, to be with you. I've never seen anyone be so concerned and protective of someone they love. Moreso than that one behind me." She pointed to a goofy grinned Monk, who was no doubt recounting the make out session he had just had with Jade.

Kaitlin smirked a bit "Well, it's probably because Jason somehow managed to not mix business with pleasure as of yet."

"...Yet..."

Kaitlin's smirk widened a bit "Well...excluding that time in Germany...but enough about that. You are right though. Jason has been fighting almost entirely for my sake. I just hope it doesn't destroy him in the process."

"It won't; he won't let it, but I think he needs a bit of a push to get himself together. I'm not even sure of you or I are the right one's to talk to him."

"Well...let's just see what happens after he gets back into the real world. Maybe he just needs some time to cool down. If he still seems on edge after a while...maybe we should both talk to him. That way he can get two perspectives on the situation. It might help more."

"Or he might get some smacks out of me at least"

Kaitln raised one eyebrow quizzically "Has that ever worked?"

Jade thought back to when she slapped Monk to get him out of his stupor. "Once, but I have a decent track record with it."

"All right...but only if he doesn't listen to reason...and let me get in a couple hits too."

"Of course."

The two moved a little closer to Wolf, making sure he didn't get ambushed or anything. They didn't have much to worry about. This part of the city was silent as a tomb.
Wolf99x: The rogue, the professional who gets the job done by any and all means necessary

Cyber Wars I: Sept. 2003-June 2005. 24 chapters, 2 servers, 2 GMs, 7 Outstanding Players
Unread 02-15-2005, 11:03 PM   #6
Darth SS
I do the numbers.

Darth SS is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Darth SS is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Darth SS is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Darth SS is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life.

Angel landed and his wings literally fell apart into a flurry of white feathers. He got into a cover position, one-handed and braced a handgun, and called out, "Log-out point's about ten meters past me. Go in, I'll keep you covered. It wouldn't do to be sloppy now."

He slipped into a broken doorway and savored the snow. It had been too long since he'd experienced it. Inwardly, he sighed and admitted that he missed Canada. He'd been so obsessed for the past three years he hadn't gone back to catch some nice winter air.
Darth SS is offline Add to Darth SS's Reputation  
Unread 02-15-2005, 11:17 PM   #7
Squishy Cheeks
Cheers!

Squishy Cheeks is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Squishy Cheeks Send a message via MSN to Squishy Cheeks

ooc: Shouldn't someone check to see what Raven is up to. If only to make sure reinforcements aren't coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silky Johnson
I hate you, I hate you, I don't even know you and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you.
Squishy Cheeks is offline Add to Squishy Cheeks's Reputation  
Unread 02-16-2005, 04:53 AM   #8
Zephie
The Playwright

Zephie is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

(( Indeed, but neither Scrya nor Wraith are in a position to. :p ))

It was quiet on the roof for a while.

Much too quiet.

Angel's musicbox picked that moment to turn on, and somehow landed on a version of "Am I Evil", a cover of an ancient Diamondhead song done by an obscure band from the early twenty-first century by name of "Oz". It actually skipped the intro and went straight to the actual song... a divebombed open E that then opened right up on the main riff. That infamous, legendary riff... sounding very much different from the original thanks to the unconventional half-step down, drop-G tuning.

♪ Eb Eb Eb Eb C4 Eb Eb Ab3 Eb Eb A3 Ab3 ♪

But as the first of her enemies started to move, she thought to herself, "No more. I won't let you take anything more away from me..."

Her right foot slipped just slightly backwards as she set her posture, while a hand came forth.

"I'm not holding back anymore!"

The first of them moved, but he was dead before he even stepped once.

In an instant she became a blur, moving so fast among them that once she left her footing, they never stood a chance. She leapt and ran at speeds faster than Angel could even dream, and hit with more power than Eric or Monk could even hope to hit with. The first body lost its head with the first punch, decapitated upon impact with her fist.

Then she twisted while still moving forward, grabbing the heads of two more on each side of her and rotating, twisting their heads around and launching them both into high rolls in the air. Then next behind them she took out by charging and grabbing his head, then pulling him around and twisting to snap his head off (literally, snap it completely off) and moving on to kick and punch the three with him, decapitating one with a kick and the other two sent flying like footballs. More twists and acrobatics ensued, and soon she blazed a path through them, moving in a circular motion and killing as she went, heads and bodies being tossed about like rag dolls, some even flying as far as five blocks away before finally hitting the ground.

Her movements were so fluid and rapid that even their enhanced reflexes could no longer keep up, because even as they brought up to block she had already countered, hit, grabbed, and sliced her way through their bodies. She came by one with a katana halfway through, and with a punch that actually produced a sonic boom she knocked him aside, splitting his body completely in two from the force while grabbing his sword and using it, twisting and rotating in contortionistic maneuvers as she decapitated many more.

A couple that she came by in her run brought their swords to bear and swung, but she spun backwards and attacked one with her arm outstretched, cleaving the sword in two and slicing her head off. Then, she spun in a tight circle and decapitated the other, and caught his falling sword in her other free hand as she spun around.

Now armed with twin blades, she whirled like a tornado, and blood and limbs filled the air.

Almost as soon as it began, it was nearly over.

Coming to the end of the line, she ducked and rose again under an opponent's sword, cutting him into two halves from the crotch up, then shoved him aside with the tips of her swords and continued. Meeting another, she knocked his sword away and cut his head off with her right-hand sword, then collected herself and brought her swords down in an X shape, cutting the rest of his body into four pieces before the head even began to roll away from the neck. Jumping over him and kicking off from that gory mess, she rose into the air and met two more fighters. One, she caught with her legs by twisting into a tight roll, and the other she simply sliced in half, going under her katana to strike the blow.

And the second? She snapped his neck like a twig and let the body continue flying. When it hit the ground rolling, the head was spun all the way backwards.

For the grand finale she simply spun through a group of four of them, twisting her swords around until all four were missing arms, legs, and heads, though one of them had a sword thrown through his chest that lodged in his heart and propelled him backwards in the air. Some reports say he landed somewhere in downtown L.A.

And then all those said body parts (and bodies) hit the floor.

And it was finally over.

She stood in place, winded a little but not very tired, and observed the aftermath... about a hundred or more dead bodies... and blood everywhere. And that's not counting the dozens more that were killed and sent flying down to the streets below.

It was quiet.

---

Far away in Japan, Mastermind watched the fight on a monitor, with Tia, Eric, and Agent Smith present.

He watched as she spun and ran effortlessly through the lines, making short work of the company of assassins she'd battled. One simple comparison of memory buffers by Agent Smith confirmed the time. "Six point three seconds."

"Excellent. She has acquitted herself... quite well."

"If she hadn't left us..." Eric chimed in. "...She would've been the First."

The image faded away into the background, a reflection on the black pupils of Scrya, back on that rooftop so far away. As she stood there looking at the carnage, panting softly for breath with her sword leveled, she could feel the roof beginning to give way. It was time to go back and finish the job once and for all.

But first she dropped the sword from her hand, letting it fall loosely to the ground, and that's when she head breathing... breathing not her own. She turned to face it, and saw the limp body of the woman Wraith had knocked out starting to move, though just barely.

Walking over to her she had to wonder where she came from, but it didn't matter. She wanted answers.

Kneeling over her, she put one hand on her face and looked into her eyes, telling her, "Wake up now."

Wake up and tell me.

Suddenly the woman shot up, lifting herself from the ground by her elbows and gasping for breath while Scrya linked their minds. In the mixture of shock and wonder she got from the woman, Scrya also got what she was looking for: all her memories, and memories of codes and maps and layouts and general information of Mastermind and his movements as of late.

What she hit was paydirt, nothing more, nothing less.

And she also realized exactly what these First Order were, and why they fought like they did. Drawing away from her abruptly, Scrya sat back on her heel to think about it, while the woman tried to recover from her first semi-telepathic experience. "So... you're nothing more than instruments he made to serve him."

The woman looked up at her with dazed and short breath. "Wha--?"

Scrya grabbed her head again and linked, preparing to end her life, but for a brief moment she hesitated. Wait... maybe... maybe I could show a little mercy...?

But one last look in her eyes, those fake eyes of a fake person, gave her the answer. No. This IS mercy.

The woman barely had time to understand it before Scrya shut down her nervous system.

A second later, and her body went limp.

Scrya stood from that spot and waited a moment, but eventually turned and picked up Angel's jukebox and bounded down to the streets below, running along with incredible speed. At some point in her run, she even broke the sound barrier.

---

In the present...

Wraith walks forwards to the logout point, taking up the right flank. "True... never know when someone might drop in and--"

A series of loud noises coming from behind startles him and everyone else as they turn to look at the thing coming at them, a tiny blur in the sky that grows closer while moving from building to building. Then, the dot comes down to the ground and begins to roll and grow closer, tumbling end over end but losing speed fast.

He steps back and draws a gun to aim, but realizes as the shape rolls one last time and steadies itself that it's Scrya.

She rolls to a stop in front of them and comes to a skidding stop, ending up between Wraith and Monk at the back of the line.

"Holy hell--!" Wraith exclaims, then blinks. "That was fast."

She doesn't say anything to him... instead she walks past and heads straight for Wolf, Jade, and Kaitlin. "Wolf, Jade... we don't have much time. We need to get to Torishima Island... we can get to him in thirty minutes, but we have to hurry."

"How?" Wraith asks, and she can see Wolf has the same "huh?" expression on his face.

Gripping her head in her hands, she gestures to the space in front of her and groans, frustrated. "UUUUNGH! I don't have time to explain!"

Then she just reaches out right then and there and grabs Wolf's head, linking them and sending over everything she just learned about Mastermind's base and how to get in.

Last edited by Zephie; 02-16-2005 at 05:13 AM.
Zephie is offline Add to Zephie's Reputation  
Unread 02-16-2005, 09:26 PM   #9
Wolf99x
EEEEEEYYYYYY!

Wolf shook his head after absorbing the information rather quickly...almost too quickly for his own tastes. Finally getting his bearings back, he nodded.

"All right. Let's log out and get the techs to set up all the Anti-Virus buffers for base assaults. I don't want Mastermind spiking the base and giving us no way to log out once we're in. All of you get to the logout point...I'll stay back here and make sure none of MM's troops are planning to make a last-ditch assault."

Kaitlin gave him a look. "Are you sure that's wise?" she asked

Wolf nodded. "Don't worry. I'll be right there. I'm just not willing to take more chances and lose more comrades." A motion detector alert flashed across Wolf's left-eye FOV display, there were enemy troops inbound. "Now go."

He turned towards the approaching blips on his radar as the others headed for the logout point. Checking his guns, he found he only had one clip for each Colt Delta Elite he was carrying, and only 4 shots left in the Gold Magnum.

Well, I'll use what I've got he thought as the first enemies cme into his field of view. The good news was that they were only Death Guard, and it looked like they were only a small squad. Still, they were clad in their battle armor, and limited ammunition was going to make this fight difficult.

Wolf took out the Revolver, sighted the lead enemy trooper and fired. One bullet to the head, and one less enemy. Wolf fired the last three shots in quick succession, downing three more soldiers with the same lethal accuracy as he had the first. However, that still left 5 enemy soldiers, dosed up to the eyeballs on performance enhancers, headed right for him.

Drawing the Colts, he charged at them firing away. Two soldiers dropped from the bullet hits, while another one stumbled from a leg wound. Wolf dropped the guns as they went empty, and he ran along the side of a building, narrowly avoiding AK fire from the remaining Death Guard troopers. Leaping off the wall, Wolf dove at the oncoming soldier. Grabbing the tube that pumped drugs from his suit into his bloodstream, Wolf yanked it out. The soldier fell as his strength suddenly got sapped. He collapsed in a heap, the drug fluids pooling on the ground. Wolf grabbed the downed sodlier's AK, crushed his skull with the butt of the weapon, and leveled it at the soldier right in front of him. He emptied 15 bullets into his opponent's face and neck, when the last soldier got in a lucky shot. A 3 round burst caugt Wolf right in the right shoulder, causing Wolf to fly back, expending the last few shots into the air.

As Wolf began to get to his feet he saw the trooper level his rifle right at his head.

Oh shit... Wolf thought as he saw his opponent begin to squeeze the trigger...

OOC: I sorta took over people so I could let MC do something he wanted to. He knows where to go from here...i hope.

Unread 02-16-2005, 09:45 PM   #10
MC43
Offically "Down with the Sickness"

MC43 is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to MC43 Send a message via Yahoo to MC43

Monk was just about to pass through the portal when he had this gut feeling. He didn't know what it was, but something stopped him. Something was wrong, he could just sense it. Sure he was only within contact with his best friend for a few minutes, but his battle was sloppy, effective, but it was gruesome, more violent than normal. He sighed as he could hear the shots ring in his ears. Closing his eyes, he took note, "Hm... 4 high powered colt shots, and another 2... no... make that three rare 10MM elite colts. Where did he pick those up?" His eyes shot open, "Where did I pick THAT up?"

He shook his head free from the thought. He really was good with guns, he just didn't want to admit it. Turning to make sure Wolf was going to make it out, he saw him falling in place, another soldier aiming down at him. It came natural to him. He reached to his side and pulled out one of the latest equipment additions, he gripped the handle in one hand, clasped the other hand around the first and pulled the trigger that would send the projectile, via a small explosive charge in the chamber, out of the nozzle and into the air where it would pass through it creating rings of white smoke until which point the little piece of metal would impale itself into the enemy's head and drops him like a rock.

All of this... with his eyes clentched shut...