The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > News and current events
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

Reply
View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-05-2016, 11:51 PM   #401
POS Industries
Argus Agony
 
POS Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gotta go fishing!
Posts: 10,479
POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.
Send a message via AIM to POS Industries
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual Destiny View Post
'Someone' works as a neutral pronoun. Just thought I'd point that out. Regardless, I'm not sure if I should take that Doctor Octopus comparison as an insult or compliment. I guess that depends on which iteration you're talking about. Not the biggest fan of Ultimate Doc Ock.
My bad. I'll defer to the more suitably gender neutral "jackwagon."
__________________
Either you're dead or my watch has stopped.
POS Industries is offline Add to POS Industries's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2016, 12:23 AM   #402
Dual Destiny
Sent to the cornfield
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: In the space between here and there.
Posts: 46
Dual Destiny will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.
Default

No reason to be snide. When you make assumptions about someone else, be it aesthetics or character, it says more about you than it does about them.
Dual Destiny is offline Add to Dual Destiny's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2016, 01:03 AM   #403
POS Industries
Argus Agony
 
POS Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gotta go fishing!
Posts: 10,479
POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.
Send a message via AIM to POS Industries
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual Destiny View Post
No reason to be snide.
"It's fun" is a perfectly good reason imo.
__________________
Either you're dead or my watch has stopped.
POS Industries is offline Add to POS Industries's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2016, 01:54 AM   #404
Dual Destiny
Sent to the cornfield
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: In the space between here and there.
Posts: 46
Dual Destiny will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.
Default

I don't know why I need to defend myself from a blatantly obvious ad hom attack. Do you actually have something to add to the previous discussion, the discussion in the thread or are you done trying to discredit me by attacking the way I write? Because acting like an asshole is one of the least endearing things you can do.

Last edited by Dual Destiny; 11-06-2016 at 01:58 AM.
Dual Destiny is offline Add to Dual Destiny's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2016, 03:04 AM   #405
POS Industries
Argus Agony
 
POS Industries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gotta go fishing!
Posts: 10,479
POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. POS Industries will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.
Send a message via AIM to POS Industries
Default It's not ad hominem. I'm just calling you shit.

Why the hell would I want to engage in The 1804 Queensbury Rules of Debate with someone who implied it's Obama's fault that racial tensions are more openly antagonistic toward black people than they used to be and that the black community's longstanding distrust of an oppressive and often murderous police force is somehow, again, their own fault?

You're damn right I'm not being endearing, get the fuck outta here with that nonsense.
__________________
Either you're dead or my watch has stopped.
POS Industries is offline Add to POS Industries's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2016, 07:18 AM   #406
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire
 
Solid Snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 5,561
Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way.
Send a message via AIM to Solid Snake
Default

So, this racist guy with only thirty-six posts is pretty transparently and obviously an internet troll, right? This strikes me as textbook trolling.
I feel like we can just collectively save ourselves from exerting any wasted effort by just ignoring him.
__________________
WARNING: Snek's all up in this thread. Be prepared to read massive walls of text.
Solid Snake is offline Add to Solid Snake's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2016, 12:49 PM   #407
Dual Destiny
Sent to the cornfield
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: In the space between here and there.
Posts: 46
Dual Destiny will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS Industries View Post
Why the hell would I want to engage in The 1804 Queensbury Rules of Debate with someone who implied it's Obama's fault that racial tensions are more openly antagonistic toward black people than they used to be and that the black community's longstanding distrust of an oppressive and often murderous police force is somehow, again, their own fault?
He made a speech about a 'supposed' unjustified' homicide by police officer BEFORE all of the facts were readily available. In what I can only assume was a botched attempt at a popularity booster. Why did it flop so horribly with a lot of people? Nothing he said during his little speech there helped. What if it was him or his son? Bad move. He made it about him. He made it about his race. That was his problem, that is where he went wrong.

It was a local incident he should have left alone.

And now you're fabricating a false premise behind my original statements. You may have credibility behind your friends, but the validity of your claim to 'what I said or implied' is garbage. Nowhere did I lump blame and you, like Kim, seem to have missed what I said (not verbatim) "all sides have slack to pick up".

You can construct all the strawmen you like, knock 'em down and I'll just be standing here outside the field wondering why you're doing so much work for no gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snek View Post
So, this racist guy with only thirty-six posts is pretty transparently and obviously an internet troll, right? This strikes me as textbook trolling.
I feel like we can just collectively save ourselves from exerting any wasted effort by just ignoring him.
I would ask you to provide evidence of my 'racism', but if we look at all definitions to the word, you'll find none and I've observed all of the forum rules so far. "This strikes me as," exactly how many times has it struck you as to forego the use of your brain instead of your instincts? Kneejerk reactions are why the US is officially going downhill right now.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Just for the record? If you guys are uncomfortable talking about race, that's fine by me. Just say it and the conversation ends and we go back to this horror show of an election. However, I'm saying this now. If that's the case, stop what nonsense you're doing now. Throwing up these accusations of racism and trolling, where there is no evidence of either, as a smokescreen to hide your discomfort and silence the offender is childish. Act like the adults you are and ask me politely to stop or change the topic if you don't like it.

I haven't been rude or disrespectful to any of you. The least you can do is 'not' be an asshole.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

One last thing: Obama doesn't speak for me. BLM doesn't speak for me. I speak for me. Black communities need to clean up. White communities need to clean up. Latino communities need to clean up. The police need to clean up. Washington needs to clean up. The First World needs to clean up. Putting the burden on one group of people and saying, "It's all your fault," even the very idea is racist. Pointing out bad apples and bad cultural trends is not racism. Addressing one subject and not another does not mean I condone or support the latter.

Last edited by Dual Destiny; 11-06-2016 at 12:24 PM.
Dual Destiny is offline Add to Dual Destiny's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2016, 01:11 PM   #408
rpgdemon
Not a Taco
 
rpgdemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,313
rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.
Default

You don't need to call someone a shithead to be rude or disrespectful. Constantly going on racist talking points, then ignoring someone when they say, "Hey maybe don't, here's why those are racist" makes you a rude disrespectful racist.

Quote:
In what I can only assume was a botched attempt at a popularity booster. Why did it flop so horribly with a lot of people? Nothing he said during his little speech there helped. What if it was him or his son? Bad move. He made it about him. He made it about his race. That was his problem, that is where he went wrong.
Hey maybe he said what he said because despite it being unpopular with sheltered white people, it was true and needed to be said?

It's already about race. It's always been about race. There are plenty of videos of racist cops being racist dicks. #NotAllCops all you want, but we've had freaking livestreams of cops murdering innocent black men. What's more likely, that this ONE guy who got pulled over happened to stream the ONE incident of a racist cop murdering a black man, or that it happens all the fucking time, and we're just now seeing it because it's an issue that society has started giving a shit about.

Obama didn't cause cops to be racist dickheads. If you want to talk about someone causing racial tensions in this country, how about you blame the racist dickhead cops who are murdering innocent black men on camera, with no provocation? Because if that were happening to me, I'd feel pretty tense too.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BLACK ON BLA-No shut up that's completely irrelevant? How does that have ANYTHING to do with white racists?

Bringing up "Black on Black" crime in response to claims of racism can only mean one of two things:

1) You don't want to talk about racism, you're uncomfortable with it, and you don't want to make any effort to change. Sure, you don't want black people to die, but YOU'RE not willing to make any effort about it.

2) You're a racist dickhead who is trying to justify murdering black people. "LOOK AT HOW VIOLENT THEY ARE! THEY NEED TO CLEAN UP THEIR ACT, FIRST, BECAUSE OTHERWISE WE NEED TO SHOOT ON SIGHT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT FIT MEMBERS OF SOCIETY."

Hey, let's talk about white on white crime, (or as it's more commonly called, crime). 84% of all white murder victims are killed by white people. White gangs are most likely to be involved in gang murders. White dudes are doing most of the raping.

Finally: You just saw that white on white violence is MORE prevalent than black on black violence. Thus, these numbers aren't so high because black people are murderers who have a "societal problem" to fix, like you're implying. They're high because the US is still incredibly segregated based on race and class (Which are also still incredibly intertwined). A white person committing a crime is MUCH more likely to be surrounded by other white people. A black person committing a crime is MUCH more likely to be surrounded by black people. That's all that it means.



inb4 "YOU SAID A NAUGHTY WORD SO YOUR POINT IS INVALID, CHILD. I AM THE ENLIGHTENED LOGICBOX WHO DOES NOT CARE FOR YOUR EMOTIONAL POINTS."

If you think everyone here are immature children who aren't worth talking to, then just leave. It's fucking rude to come into someone's house, shit on the rug, and call them names. If you need to have that explained, well, the burden isn't on us to tolerate your poor behavior and teach it to you?
__________________
You know, I totally lied to all you guys for about five years. Something new was -not- coming soon to my signature. But, as I am a man of my word (Sorta), I did put something new here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard The 5th LW View Post
RPG has total "I told you so" privileges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard The 5th LW View Post
RPG still has total "I told you so" privileges.
rpgdemon is offline Add to rpgdemon's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2016, 02:50 PM   #409
Dual Destiny
Sent to the cornfield
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: In the space between here and there.
Posts: 46
Dual Destiny will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgdemon View Post
You don't need to call someone a shithead to be rude or disrespectful. Constantly going on racist talking points, then ignoring someone when they say, "Hey maybe don't, here's why those are racist" makes you a rude disrespectful racist.
Just so you know, repeatedly calling me a racist doesn't make me a racist. It's like people accusing me of murder when no one is dead. So, where's the body, Sherlock?

"Racist talking points" how dismissive and uncreative of a way to excuse bad behavior on someone else's behalf. Nowhere was there a "this is why they're racist", saying "some racist person said this" falls under the category of a genetic fallacy. Dismissing an argument based on the source it came from, but here's the thing, the source came from me, not them.

And what everyone who has called me racist so far has failed to do is provide any evidence to fact, correlate anything I've said to their claims 'racist talking points' or connect anything I've said to any definition of the word racism.

Quote:
Hey maybe he said what he said because despite it being unpopular with sheltered white people, it was true and needed to be said?
Or maybe he spoke during a 'really tense' point in time, didn't have all the facts sorted out and created an excuse for angry people to cause trouble.

Quote:
It's already about race. It's always been about race. There are plenty of videos of racist cops being racist dicks. #NotAllCops all you want, but we've had freaking livestreams of cops murdering innocent black men. What's more likely, that this ONE guy who got pulled over happened to stream the ONE incident of a racist cop murdering a black man, or that it happens all the fucking time, and we're just now seeing it because it's an issue that society has started giving a shit about.
Are we talking about Philando Castile? The guy that was pulled over because he looked like someone else? The guy who had a felony? Who had a gun and wasn't suppose to? Who was told not to reach for anything and did so anyway and got blasted? Maybe I'm getting my incidents mixed up.

Quote:
Obama didn't cause cops to be racist dickheads. If you want to talk about someone causing racial tensions in this country, how about you blame the racist dickhead cops who are murdering innocent black men on camera, with no provocation? Because if that were happening to me, I'd feel pretty tense too.
I can #notallcops, because it's fundamentally and factually true. A rise in coverage does not equal a rise in how much it happens. I also didn't correlate Obama's speech with cop racism, I correlated to heightened hostility against them. Things like, "Pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon," and other chants for dead cops isn't going to win any sympathy or support from the outside. (Don't even get me started on BLM Toronto...)

You attract more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Quote:
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BLACK ON BLA-No shut up that's completely irrelevant? How does that have ANYTHING to do with white racists?
It's not irrelevant, but it also has nothing to do with white racists, that's the only thing you're right about. At this point though, you're conflating racist cops with the general population.

Quote:
Bringing up "Black on Black" crime in response to claims of racism can only mean one of two things:

1) You don't want to talk about racism, you're uncomfortable with it, and you don't want to make any effort to change. Sure, you don't want black people to die, but YOU'RE not willing to make any effort about it.

2) You're a racist dickhead who is trying to justify murdering black people. "LOOK AT HOW VIOLENT THEY ARE! THEY NEED TO CLEAN UP THEIR ACT, FIRST, BECAUSE OTHERWISE WE NEED TO SHOOT ON SIGHT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT FIT MEMBERS OF SOCIETY."
Bringing up black on black crime is usually in response to claims that there's somehow a black genocide by white people going on, which is factually and statistically untrue. Not even unjustified racist police shootings can fall under the umbrella term of 'genocide'.

Also, only two options? Way to throw up another black and white fallacy(no pun intended).

1) Most people are unwilling to talk about racism because of discussions in this forum like this. The feeling I get is and hasn't changed so far, is that anyone who doesn't share the opinion that 'all white people must pay for all crimes ever committed against (insert ethnicity here)' is apparently racist. (May I also suggest that whoever invented and those who believe "Racism = Prejudice + Power" don't realize the irony?) It's that and the fact that a lot of people taught to believe that just because they're a certain ethnicity, they can't talk about it.

Again, I pose the same question I did to Kim that was never answered: "How is the problem going to be solved if it never gets talked about?" More importantly, how do you expect those you accuse of such blatant and overt racism to atone if they can't talk about it?

2) I don't even think racists think that way. I doubt they'd even go out of their way to just find the nearest black person to shoot them without a reason.

Quote:
Hey, let's talk about white on white crime, (or as it's more commonly called, crime). 84% of all white murder victims are killed by white people. White gangs are most likely to be involved in gang murders. White dudes are doing most of the raping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOJ Stats - Violent Crimes by Ethnicity
Violent offender stats, 2012-2013 (Perps-Victim %):
Black - Black: 40.9%
Black - White: 38.6%
Black - Hispanic: 14.5%
Black - Other: 5.9%

White - White: 82.4%
White - Black: 3.6%
White - Hispanic: 7.8%
White - Other: 6.4%

Hispanic - Hispanic: 40.1%
Hispanic - Black: 4.7%
Hispanic - White: 50.7%
Hispanic - Other: 4.9%


Finally: You just saw that white on white violence is MORE prevalent than black on black violence. Thus, these numbers aren't so high because black people are murderers who have a "societal problem" to fix, like you're implying. They're high because the US is still incredibly segregated based on race and class (Which are also still incredibly intertwined). A white person committing a crime is MUCH more likely to be surrounded by other white people. A black person committing a crime is MUCH more likely to be surrounded by black people. That's all that it means.
I included the stats in there to help with context. You're welcome.

I imply nothing and you infer whatever you think gives you the upper hand. Because apparently, like steve, Kim, POS and Snake beforehand, you failed to read when I said that everyone has slack to pick up. Also apparently when I said Black, Latino and White communities, as well as DC and the rest of the First World need to clean up. However, the four of you just want to cherrypick very specific statements I've made, remove the context and insert your own strawman so you can beat it down and appear you've won.

What the stats told me are this. You were right in, "Since our communities are still so segregated by ethnicity, those of (x) ethnicity that commit a crime are likely to be surrounded by those of the same ethnicity." It also tells me that differences in population size make for larger discrepencies in numbers. At that point, we don't look at the percentage, we look at population numbers and per capita averages. On a more local level, you also have to weigh population density level. Regardless of that fact, people are still more likely to target those of the same ethnicity. The same goes for the fact that this is a general report and doesn't give any specifics such as multiple offenders or repeat offenders, which can skew them up or down. It also disproves all claims of black genocide by white people.

Disregarding the white perp section for a moment, without any thought put into it, one might assume that besides their own ethnicity, whites are a second favored target among everyone else. However, that's not true. As I said above, ethnic population size and population density affect ratios.

Though your mocking how White on White crime is only called 'Crime', I can one up you. Black on Black = Crime, Black on White = Crime, White on Black = "HOLY SHIT! STOP THE PRESSES! HATE CRIME!" It's morbid that anything else is considered an average news day until a white person kills a person that isn't white.

Quote:
inb4 "YOU SAID A NAUGHTY WORD SO YOUR POINT IS INVALID, CHILD. I AM THE ENLIGHTENED LOGICBOX WHO DOES NOT CARE FOR YOUR EMOTIONAL POINTS."

If you think everyone here are immature children who aren't worth talking to, then just leave. It's fucking rude to come into someone's house, shit on the rug, and call them names. If you need to have that explained, well, the burden isn't on us to tolerate your poor behavior and teach it to you?
What naughty word? Stop trying to make yourself appear the victim of some bogeyman.

Also, call people names? I never called names, but so far I've been mocked and called racist. The latter of which has yet to be proven and at this point may as well be an Unsolved Mystery. You can blot out the Sun with as many arrows as you like, but the gesture loses effect once your opponent realizes that none of them are sharpened. Five against one also doesn't lend any more credibility or validity to your accusations or claims.

Last edited by Dual Destiny; 11-06-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Dual Destiny is offline Add to Dual Destiny's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2016, 02:57 PM   #410
Premmy
Stop the hate
 
Premmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In a nice web on fifty first street
Posts: 4,466
Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own.
Send a message via AIM to Premmy Send a message via Yahoo to Premmy
Default

WHY
ARE
YALL
RESPONDING
TO
THIS
NIGGA
__________________
Drank
Premmy is offline Add to Premmy's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.
The server time is now 02:17:12 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.