The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 01-15-2007, 11:50 PM   #1
Anewbus
Adopt a Moogle, they need you

Anewbus is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via MSN to Anewbus
Default Questions that actualy make you think

Today A friend of mine asked me a question, what would you do if you were driving along the road when you saw three hitchikers, A beautiful young lady, A homeless old man, and a wealthy middle aged man. You have only one seat left in your car (your either moving or you bought a smart car lol).your going to pick up one of these hitchikers, you have to pick the one with wisdom, beauty, and wealth, you can only pick one to take to town, state your reasons for taking said person and how they have wisdom, beauty, and wealth.
w w
I made a bunny
Anewbus is offline Add to Anewbus's Reputation  
Unread 01-16-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
Demetrius
In need of a vacation

Demetrius is like one of those neat quartz stones you find at the beach.
Send a message via AIM to Demetrius Send a message via Yahoo to Demetrius

Take the old man. He is the one least likely to be picked up by someone else, plus he will undoubtedly have some good stories to tell as you drive him where ever.
~DFM

Wii bishie bishie kawaii baka! ~ Fifthfiend
Demetrius is offline Add to Demetrius's Reputation  
Unread 01-16-2007, 12:35 AM   #3
Sir Pinkleton
What's going on?

Sir Pinkleton is so pumped up.

Why do we have to follow this "pick the one with wisdom, beauty, and wealth," anyhow? Shouldn't we pick it upon our own decision based on prior knowledge?

Regardless, I'd pick the homeless man, as well. The wealthy middle-aged man has no reason to be hitchhinking so he's out, and the beautiful lady is more likely to harm me than an old begger. She may be using her beauty to sway me, or perhaps she's a thief that uses her looks to get prey? Although unlikely, it's much more safe to pick the old man, for he (as stated before) probably has some good stories to tell, and he probably wouldn't hurt me because he's too old for that.
Sir Pinkleton is offline Add to Sir Pinkleton's Reputation  
Unread 01-16-2007, 12:42 AM   #4
adamark
typical college boy

adamark is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Are all three of them together? Or are they walking along separated, on their own? If they are together, I'd offer the 3 of them 1 seat and let them sort out who gets to ride, probably the middle aged man because he could arrange for a rented car after i give him a ride.

If they are separated, I'd offer the seat to the girl first, because that's just how I roll. As for the two dudes, it depends which looks sketchier. I regularly pick up hitch hikers and I also regularly pass without stopping. I operate entirely on my gut-reaction.
adamark is offline Add to adamark's Reputation  
Unread 01-16-2007, 12:44 AM   #5
Demetrius
In need of a vacation

Demetrius is like one of those neat quartz stones you find at the beach.
Send a message via AIM to Demetrius Send a message via Yahoo to Demetrius

The choice for me is really deciding between the chick and the old man, the wealthy dude has a cell phone and if he doesn't have a truck on the way already he's just a cheap jerk. The chick I'd pass up in favor of the old man because she has more choices than he does. He's old and as I said most people will help the chick because she's a chick and pass the old guy in favor of her.

The real question is why the hell do people never pick me up if I have to hitch? I'm 5'10" between 230-240, I'm not that scary looking. People slow down, look at me then speed up outta there! I only get picked up by people that know me and old ladies.

(EDIT) I'm assuming they are relatively close together, so you can consider each before making a choice.
~DFM

Wii bishie bishie kawaii baka! ~ Fifthfiend
Demetrius is offline Add to Demetrius's Reputation  
Unread 01-16-2007, 12:46 AM   #6
xravi
Sent to the cornfield

xravi will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.

I'd pick up the old man for reason stated above.

ugh picking up an old man *Washes mouth with soap*
xravi is offline Add to xravi's Reputation  
Unread 01-16-2007, 01:05 AM   #7
Phlegyas
Destroyer of Threads

Phlegyas is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Demetrius, try putting the sword out of view until you get in the car. :p

And, hmmmmmm... the middle-aged rich guy should have a cell phone and be able to call someone. The chick is a hitchhiker and might be some slut/hippy chick so diseases may be galore not to mention a heart-wrenching, feminist-empowered lost-all-my-clothes,-my-car,-and-my-wallet, type of situation. So, by process of elimination, I might go with the old guy, but then again old people are crazy and the disheveled dirty homeless kind tends to be even crazier.

So, ultimately? I drive by, making sure to hit a puddle and drenching each one of them. Myah!
Phlegyas is offline Add to Phlegyas's Reputation  
Unread 01-16-2007, 02:43 AM   #8
Nique
Niqo Niqo Nii~

Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

If this were a riddle, the girl is the obvious choice.

Why? Becuase she has all three attributes. Let's learn;

First, we assume that of all the people who pick up hitchikers, there are very few women in this demograph. It's just a matter of safety. Society tells us that Men are 'stronger', so any threat the hitchhiker might pose is a less friegtening concept for males.

Now, the beautiful girl is using this to her advantage. Not just that she is most likely to be offered a ride by virtue of being a women and that she is pretty in her own right, but that she looks beautiful - ostensibly, from a distance. She's dressed up. Most men will at least look if there's a female figure hilghted by some attractive colors. This is a smart move on her part, showing us that she has some practical wisdom.

Beautiful is a given.

Now wealth is a little more difficult to determine, but if the lady can afford to wear some fabulous looking clothes and makeup, she must have some money.

As a personal question; I don't pick up hitchhikers. If I was the kind of person who did, I would pick up the young lady, as I would probably only end up with a missing kidney and $100 taken from my wallet. People on extremes of the economic ladder sometimes have... unwholesome tastes I'd rather not be subject too. At least the organ harvesting is honest theivery, albeit disturbing.
Unread 01-16-2007, 02:50 AM   #9
Fifthfiend
for all seasons

Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.
Send a message via AIM to Fifthfiend

Eh if you're looking for a good-lookin' lady, go to a fuckin' singles bar. Give the old codger a lift, you heartless pricks.
Unread 01-16-2007, 03:49 AM   #10
Krylo
The Straightest Shota

Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat].

The homeless old codger? Are you insane?

Go watch bum fights, and then tell me that giving a ride to a homeless old man is anything BUT stupid.

Plus, where does the homeless guy have to go in such a hurry? I mean, it's not like he's gotta get home.

Not to mention having to wash the nasty old hobo scent out of my car.