The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Nuklear Powered > Hosted Discussion
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 02-25-2010, 01:03 AM   #301
PsychicKid
Troopa

PsychicKid is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

This may be pointless to ask, but I'm assuming 8bit theater's archives will stick around indefinitely after it ends, right? Sometimes when I get bored or need a mega-dose of nostalgia, I go and re-read it over a weekend with a nice big bag of Doritos.

God I need to get out more.
PsychicKid is offline Add to PsychicKid's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 01:17 AM   #302
MSperoni
Artist and Writer of Comics

MSperoni would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. MSperoni would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. MSperoni would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. MSperoni would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. MSperoni would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. MSperoni would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. MSperoni would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. MSperoni would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. MSperoni would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archbio View Post
Was it called that? I'm dying to know.
Naw, the hospital was called "Darkplace Hospital". A hospital set, "over the very gates of Hell," in Romford, East London.
http://twitter.com/#!/mSperoni
Check out my Deviant Art page if you'd like to see other pictures I've made!
http://exmile.deviantart.com/
Follow The Dreadful on Facebook!

MSperoni is offline Add to MSperoni's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 05:31 AM   #303
Meister
Pure joy

Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Meister slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay!
Send a message via AIM to Meister Send a message via MSN to Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychicKid View Post
This may be pointless to ask, but I'm assuming 8bit theater's archives will stick around indefinitely after it ends, right?
Well if you want to be absolutely sure you should probably download the CBZ or PDF versions ("indefinitely" is a pretty strong word when computer files are involved) but I don't think Brian's going to take them down on his own accord anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSperoni View Post
I mean, really, this outcome could have been predicted. Sure, you'd have to really make a big guess, but it's a plausible outcome.
That's why no one ever predicted it.
Meister is offline Add to Meister's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 05:51 AM   #304
Green Spanner
Lawful Sarcastic

Green Spanner is a name known to all, except that guy. Green Spanner is a name known to all, except that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSperoni View Post
Naw, the hospital was called "Darkplace Hospital". A hospital set, "over the very gates of Hell," in Romford, East London.
I went to Romford last week. I got a cough and it won't go away.

Also, I would like to reaffirm my belief that Brian remembering the four white mages thing in comic 7/having the time to go through the archives searching for a joke to use and/or edit past comics considering all the shit he has to do nowadays is waaaaaay more of a stretch than him having plannned what is a pretty simple (albeit unpredictable) plot twist from the start? Especially as he has a track record of doing stuff like this.
╚═╩╝╚╩═╩═╩╩═╝ ╚═╩╝╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩═╩═╩╝╚╝

I'm a riter! Please feed my back. (For serious you guys)
This text is hidden. Can you find it?
Green Spanner is offline Add to Green Spanner's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #305
Kirby Pufocia
God of Way Radicality

Kirby Pufocia will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.
Send a message via AIM to Kirby Pufocia

I think episode 8 or 9 was the most recent one when I first found this thing, "back in the day," so I can attest to the Nintendo Power (now brick) joke having been there from the beginning. Not that I should have to, as the whole allegation seems to stem from middlin' to severe brain damage anyway.

Or maybe I'm part of the conspiracy, a secret cabal sworn to protect the public from the terrible truth of Brian's comic-altering ways. I mean even if it was true, it's his goddamn comic, shut up, that's stupid and you're stupid.
Kirby Pufocia is offline Add to Kirby Pufocia's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 02:53 PM   #306
Veho
Shyguy

Veho is like one of those neat quartz stones you find at the beach.

These archive-changing comics give me an idea. How about a comic featuring time-travel, where any time travel and changing of the past actually changes the whole archive from the moment the character travelled to to the current comic (or up to some point where his influence stops interfering with the past or the two timelines become identical again despite his meddling, if that is the case). The whole new timeline would have to be drawn in advance, so that the entire stretch of the archive could be replaced at once. Following it would be hell. Trying to turn it into a book format would be a living nightmare.

But it would be interesting.

You must face the gazebo alone.

Last edited by Veho; 02-25-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Veho is offline Add to Veho's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 03:02 PM   #307
GrandMasterPlanetEater
Nom nom planet nom

GrandMasterPlanetEater has a spectacular disco-style aura about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndrDog View Post
I distinctly remember that comic [...]. However I thought BM read "Four Mages" and not "Four White Mages".
And I could have swore that Black Mage referenced it again with the words "Four White Mages? No way!" (sexual innuendo) when they were all looking at magazines in bed. And I recall that the desert in the original Legend of Zelda was located on the far west side of the map. And I remember Conan the Destroyer being a decent movie. As a species, our memory SUCKS.

Last edited by GrandMasterPlanetEater; 02-25-2010 at 03:58 PM.
GrandMasterPlanetEater is offline Add to GrandMasterPlanetEater's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #308
Zinos
Troopa

Zinos is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

"Four White Mages? It'll never work." is the first thing i thought of when i read this one.
Unread 02-25-2010, 05:39 PM   #309
MatadorBID
Goomba

MatadorBID is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Hence the title, "Episode 1221: Longest Set Up In Webcomic History" [-D
MatadorBID is offline Add to MatadorBID's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #310
UndrDog
Red Mage

UndrDog is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciheximal View Post
And I could have swore that Black Mage referenced it again with the words "Four White Mages? No way!" (sexual innuendo) when they were all looking at magazines in bed. And I recall that the desert in the original Legend of Zelda was located on the far west side of the map. And I remember Conan the Destroyer being a decent movie. As a species, our memory SUCKS.
Yep, but that doesn't mean I don't have to be disappointed in myself. =P Besides, an all Red Mage team is a pretty common party make-up.

But anyway, this doesn't mean we can stop predicting future releases just because the comic's almost over. (and because Brian's too radical to predict.) Has anyone ever suggested that White Mage may be true Chaos? I mean she did take his role of creator of the universe from him. And it would offer a different explanation for BM's lust for her.
UndrDog, you make a worthy companion to RM himself.

Last edited by UndrDog; 02-25-2010 at 06:06 PM.
UndrDog is offline Add to UndrDog's Reputation   Reply With Quote