The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Playing Games
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 05-10-2017, 03:03 PM   #1
Seil
Super stressed!

Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana.
Video Games "Steam Titles" or "My Kingdom For A Sale!"

So I've been away from the gaming scene for a while - I haven't had my consoles with me for ages. Being primarily a console gamer, I spent a ton of time with triple A titles. Now that I've got a (terrible) laptop, I've been relying on Steam for my distracting entertainment.

While I do look toward Let's Plays to figure out what's worth it (and link them because it's sometimes worth it to get some second hand excitement), I have become a Steam fan. (ish.) So while I would like to add a few things to my library, I'd also like to talk about what I'm missing, and also what looks good.

So without further dudes, let's get started:

SINGLE PLAYER
8 Days
60 Seconds - Fun little postapocalyptic choose your own adventure.
Abe VR - VR Horror. DOn't have a headset yet, but it looks interesting.
Airscape - 2D game inspired by Super Mario Galaxy where you play a squid.
Albino Lullaby - Interesting horror title relying on creeps rather than spooks.
Banner Saga - Turn based Vikings.
Beat Cop - You play a pixel beat cop.
Burly Men At Sea - Interactive story book.
Chroma Squad - Out of work pixel Power Rangers.
Cross Code
Clustertruck - The floor is lava.
Death Road To Canada - Along the vein of Oregon Trail, only pixel zombie fights.
Donuts 'N Justice - Sidescrolling Lethal Weapon.
Dropsy - A clown point and click adventure.
Electronic Super Joy - The first game to reference that war of Rock 'n Roll.
Enter The Gungeon - Roguelike bullet hell fun.
Environmental Station Alpha
A Fistful Of Gun
The Flame And The Flood - Survival game with amazing soundtrack.
The Floor Is Jelly - Simple, sweet platformer.
Hue - Platformer where you control background colors.
Hyper Light Drifter
I Am The Hero - Pixel platformer/shooter in the vein of Hotline Miami.
Ink
Inside - In the vein of Out Of This World.
Iron Fisticle
Little Nightmares - Also in the vein of Out Of This World.
Luckslinger - 2D western with a twist and a duck.
Master Spy - Platformer where you turn invisible.
Megasphere
Mother Gunship
Neuro Voider
Northgard - RTS vikings.
Not A Hero - A pixel beat 'em up.
Nuclear Throne
Oxygen Not Included - 2D game where you fight a losing battle to keep clones alive.
Polybridge - Charming little bridge builder.
Sheltered - Keep people alive after the apocalypse!
Slayaway Camp - Murder based puzzle game.
Snakebird - Puzzle game.
Songbringer
Stanley Parable - You already know.
Stories Untold - A text based adventure with a twist.
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure - Fun parody of Oregon Trail.
Super Impossible Road - You're a ball on a track.
Tank Blast - You're a tank blasting other tanks.
They Bleed Pixels - Platformer where you play as a young girl monster.
Thimbleweed Park - The X-Files. No, really.
Thomas Was Alone - A charming narrated platformer.
Titan Souls - Shadow Of The Colossus. No, really.
Valiant Hearts: The Great War - An action/point and click thing where you play as a soldier during WWI. Good music, game style.
VVVVV - Pixel platforming fun.
Velocibox - Keep a barf bag handy.
Westerado
Zombie Party - Top down shooter. Fun and addictive.

MULTIPLAYER
Action Henk - Gotta go fast.
Angry Arrows - Fun little top down shooter thing.
Bloody Trapland - Rage quit!
Black And White Bushido - Remember that one episode of Samurai Jack?
Charge Shot - Platforming death match.
D&D Chronicles Of Mystara - Good old arcade action.
Divekick - It's all in the title.
Gang Beasts - ...A beat 'em up?
Golf With Your Friends - More rage inducing than a game of Monopoly.
Hyper Jam
Invisigun Heroes - A pixel shooter where everyone is invisible!
Jackbox Party Pack
Jet Set Knights
Knight Squad - Ever play Get Medieval?
Lethal League - 2D Dodgeball fighter!
Moonshot - If everyone in Smash Bros. was a tank fighting in space against other people and orbits.
Mount Your Friends - ...It's all there in the title.
Move Or Die - Platforming minigames with friends!
Nidhogg - Pixel fencing simulator!
Push Me Pull You - The human equivalents of Catdog.
Redshift Blueshift - 2D space shooter.
Rockets Rockets Rockets - Rockets!
Rivals Of Aether - Super Smash Bros. meets Bloody Roar.
Runbow
Samurai Gunn
Shell Shock Live - Scorched Earth.
Shoot Shoot Mega Pack
Speedrunners
Starwahl
Stikbold! - Dodgeball!
Towerfall
Ultimate Chicken Horse - Get to the end by cooperating with and killing your friends!
Wand Wars - Quidditch.

BUDGET TITLES
64.0 - Rhythm based 2D shooter.
Absent - Free game, point and click adventure, can't find a trailer.
Cannabalt - Infinite runner.
David - Um... you're a shape killing other shapes with a shape as a projectile.
Devil Daggers - A neverending FPS.
Downwell - You go down a well with a gun. Reminiscent of Metroid, somewhat.
Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, And The Terribly Cursed Emerald - Free game in the vein of The Stanley Parable.
Fuego - Western themed puzzle game.
Gun Rocket - Move your ship to the goal while fighting against inertia.
Organ Trail - Oregon Trail WITH ZOMBIES!
Relic Hunters - Free game in the vein of Enter The Gungeon.
RFLEX - Fun avoid the obstacle game with a good soundtrack.
Run Turn Die - Simple and addictive runner.
Savant Asencion - An incredibly simple, addictive... shooter? Limited movement.
Socxel - Soccer with wonky physics.
Super Crate Box - Free (?), fun platform shooter.
Super Hexagon - Fun, hard, avoid the obstacle game.
Way Out - Press all of the buttons.
You Have To Win The Game - Free Nintendo hard platformer.

What did I miss?

Last edited by Seil; 05-10-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Seil is offline Add to Seil's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2017, 06:29 PM   #2
mauve
So Dreamy

mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.

-Albino Lullaby is delightfully creepy, but Episode Two has been in development limbo for over a year. It was supposed to have released last March or something and there's been no word on if/when it will be finished. So yeah, it's great, but get it on sale and don't bother with a season pass.

-Banner Saga: Beautiful art, rage-inducing gameplay where you have to choose between feeding your people or leveling up your fighters, so you inevitably end up with either a starving and unhappy band of followers (morale affects your battle stats) or massively underleveled fighters who are constantly suffering the side effects of dying every fight (which also lowers morale). But the character design is cool!

Things you might want to check out:

-Portal Stories: Mel: A free Portal 2 fan-made mod that's basically Portal 3. Fully voiced (and WELL-voiced) with custom skins and models, it's a full-length game with its own story and characters. You do need to own Portal 2 on steam to play it though.

-Crypt of the NecroDancer: Roguelike rhythm game. Combat DDR.

-Gunpoint: Puzzle-stealth-platformer where you play as a noir-esque detective in a futuristic city whose skills include jumping really high and rewiring electronics so that elevator call buttons electrocute people.

-Invisible, Inc: Turnbased roguelike stealth game with a timer. Guide your duo of secret agents with 1hp each through randomly-generated buildings while stressing out over when you'll be discovered and how far it is to the exit.
Unread 05-11-2017, 12:46 PM   #3
BB
>-❥ Love Arrow, Shoot! ~💖

BB is the wind beneath your wings. BB is the wind beneath your wings. BB is the wind beneath your wings. BB is the wind beneath your wings.

I'm kinda surprised you don't own any Valve games? There's a Valve bundle that usually goes very cheap during sales periods (one should be coming up in a month or two).
Unread 05-11-2017, 03:16 PM   #4
Seil
Super stressed!

Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana.

Quote:
I'm kinda surprised you don't own any Valve games? There's a Valve bundle that usually goes very cheap during sales periods (one should be coming up in a month or two).
I've got pretty much all of the Valve games - Half Life 1, 2, Lost Coast, Episode 1, 2, Team Fortress, even Ricochet. Just didn't feel like listing them as I thought most people had already played them.

Quote:
-Albino Lullaby is delightfully creepy, but Episode Two has been in development limbo for over a year. It was supposed to have released last March or something and there's been no word on if/when it will be finished. So yeah, it's great, but get it on sale and don't bother with a season pass.

-Banner Saga: Beautiful art, rage-inducing gameplay where you have to choose between feeding your people or leveling up your fighters, so you inevitably end up with either a starving and unhappy band of followers (morale affects your battle stats) or massively underleveled fighters who are constantly suffering the side effects of dying every fight (which also lowers morale). But the character design is cool!
Wasn't aware of Banner Saga being awful - friend showed it to me on his PS4 because he thought I'd be interested and I've had it on my wishlist since then. Thanks for the review!

I am a little saddened at Albino Lullaby in limbo, though. Interesting new horror concept.
Seil is offline Add to Seil's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2017, 04:26 PM   #5
mauve
So Dreamy

mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. mauve sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.

I wouldn't say that Banner Saga is awful: The story is interesting and the art is beautiful. I am just really, really horrible at it so I can only play for short periods of time before I ragequit. Maybe you'll have better luck keeping your Vikings alive than I do.
Unread 05-19-2017, 08:28 AM   #6
Jastiv
Goomba

Jastiv is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

I play saga of Ryzom. It is on steam too. I love the complex crafting system. It is different, having four skills instead of separating everything out right away (harvest, craft, fighting, and magic).

http://ryzom.com/
Jastiv is offline Add to Jastiv's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2017, 04:04 AM   #7
Menarker
OMG! WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

Menarker is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Menarker is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Menarker is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings.

Humble Bundle is offering 'Killing Floor' Steam Keys for FREE for a limited time plus 2 guest passes to send to a friend for temporary full access to the game.

Also, Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault is being offered for Free for Origin.

Been checking out this website for shopping around game keys in a manner similar to how sites like Trivago (for hotels) will compare competitors for the best price.
https://isthereanydeal.com/

Last edited by Menarker; 06-23-2017 at 04:15 AM.
Menarker is offline Add to Menarker's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2017, 10:31 AM   #8
mauve
So Dreamy

Steam Summer Sale returns. I'm not really waiting on anything in particular, though Shadow of Mordor is super cheap so I might pick it up. A lot of stuff on my wishlist is still relatively expensive, at least as far as Steam Sales go, so we'll see what happens.
Unread 06-23-2017, 12:54 PM   #9
MuMu
Rocky Wrench

MuMu can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. MuMu can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. MuMu can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. MuMu can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. MuMu can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. MuMu can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. MuMu can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. MuMu can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

They don't have dailies anymore so what you see is what you got

I think this will probably the last BIG STEAM SALE that I take part of as other key sellers have been doing better deals than Valve lately.
MuMu is offline Add to MuMu's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2017, 01:54 PM   #10
mauve
So Dreamy

Yeah, I know there's no more daily sales, but I still tend to wait to buy things until the end of the sale so I can just purchase everything I want in one fell swoop. I tend to take a while to make the final decisions or else I will just impulse buy a bunch of crap.