The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Bullshit Mountain
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 08-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #21
Mr.Bookworm
YYYEEEEEAAAAAAHHH

Mr.Bookworm can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mr.Bookworm can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mr.Bookworm can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mr.Bookworm can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mr.Bookworm can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mr.Bookworm can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mr.Bookworm can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mr.Bookworm can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Send a message via AIM to Mr.Bookworm

What's important to understand about the Old Republic Sith is that the second game retconned the fuck out of Revan's backstory.

In the first game, Revan was just a evil dick. He (canon Revan's a dude, right?) was some war hero dick who did some vaguely heroic things because the Jedi were being dicks then went mad with power and became a total asshole, because that's what people do. Then he got together with some other total assholes and formed the Sith. Then he got backstabbed by his own apprentice, because that's what Sith do. Then some dick Jedi brainwashed him while muttering "the greater good" under their breaths and he became the PC. THE END.

In the second game, this got turned into Revan being an all-seeing puppeteer who is all EVERYTHING IS PROCEEDING ACCORDING TO THE SCENARIO, and everything villainous he was doing was actually heroic all along, because the writers said so. The Sith are still entirely composed of the biggest assholes in the galaxy, but Revan was just using them because PLOTPLOTPLOT. THE END.

I will defend KotOR II to the death if necessary, but even I think the second one is kind of bullshit.

So, in the Old Republic continuity, both are fuckholes of the highest order. The Jedi are traditionalist, conservative assholes who will violate their own principles whenever it suits them. The Sith are a bunch of puppy-kicking backstabbing morons, albeit one with some maybe vague higher purpose, but whatever.

So fuck the lot of em. I'm with Bindo.

Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 08-23-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Mr.Bookworm is offline Add to Mr.Bookworm's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #22
Krylo
The Straightest Shota

Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat].

I coulda sworn the first one alluded to the whole 'unify the galaxy either with me or against me' thing on the rakata planet, but it's been forever and that's way too long to play to get to that, and I might be misremembering.

Regardless, in the Old Republic time, the Sith Emperor is the danger Revan was trying to unify the galaxy against, so no the Sith are just flat out evil (except, maybe, where they backstab the emperor a bunch, but that's just politiking for their own personal power).

Also the Sith Emperor wants to straight up mind control the entire galaxy. So there's that.
Unread 08-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #23
Karrrrrrrrrrrresche
Objectively The Third Worst

Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them. Karrrrrrrrrrrresche can afford to hire someone to poop for them.
Send a message via AIM to Karrrrrrrrrrrresche Send a message via MSN to Karrrrrrrrrrrresche

Yeah I definitely remember knowing that Revan was ultimately working for the benefit of the galaxy and wasn't actually an evil monster even before 2 came out.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old�s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.
Karrrrrrrrrrrresche is offline Add to Karrrrrrrrrrrresche's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #24
Overcast
Cinderella

Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.
Send a message via AIM to Overcast Send a message via MSN to Overcast Send a message via Yahoo to Overcast

Everyone wants to be with Bindo, but you cannot merely Bindo.

By and large I wouldn't mind being True Neutral, because I often play the part of apathy and working toward my own ends because of the more powerful consensus. I like the concept of personal freedom, and dislike the concept of being bound by a greater order. It is why I am suffering so much right now.

But I will note that if I had the power to manipulate the Force, I would inevitably be drawn toward the Dark Side. My internal feelings are overbearing, chaotic, and often negative. I find elation in embracing my emotions, and I am excessively curious which the Dark Side embraces, and the Light Side stifles. By that measure I would likely be taken into the Sith, but even then I would be one of those horrifying Sith Scientists/Sorcerers.
Unread 08-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #25
Grandmaster_Skweeb
Doesn't care anymore

Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age.

I've worked too many public service jobs to have anything less than smoldering disdain for people in general.

Screw lightning or choking. I'd go full on crush heads like juicy pimples.
Grandmaster_Skweeb is offline Add to Grandmaster_Skweeb's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:19 AM   #26
CABAL49
Not bad.

CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon. CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon. CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon. CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon. CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon. CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon.
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49

CABAL49 is offline Add to CABAL49's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 03:42 AM   #27
akaSM
:3

akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world.
Send a message via MSN to akaSM Send a message via Yahoo to akaSM
Lolitrollu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABAL49 View Post
The guy in black shot first, right?
akaSM is offline Add to akaSM's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #28
Azisien
wat

Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't.

Whichever side gets me the most power. But since there seems to be this whole balance thing going for the Force, well, I guess Dark Side. I've always wanted to shoot lightning out of my hands. And possibly aim it at the gas tanks on cars. When they cut me off.
Azisien is offline Add to Azisien's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #29
CABAL49
Not bad.

CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon. CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon. CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon. CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon. CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon. CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon.
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49

If we go by the 2002 Star Wars core rule book made by Wizards of the Coast, which is the only one I have and served as a basis for KOTOR, you can still use dark side powers freely if you have a high enough Charisma. What makes dark side powers dark side, is that they rely on your passions and emotions. The dark side isn't inherently evil, that is just Jedi propaganda. But you do run a high risk of losing control. Course Jedi and Sith like to run around like they own the force.
CABAL49 is offline Add to CABAL49's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #30
Ryong
Professional Threadkiller

Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson.
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolving Ocelot View Post
The Force is space magic. Fuck magic.

Always good to find new allies.

Last edited by Ryong; 08-26-2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: whoa giant image
Ryong is offline Add to Ryong's Reputation   Reply With Quote