The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Playing Games
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
Gregness
Never give up. Never give in.

Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Default XCOM: Enemy Within

So, we all had a blast with XCOM: EU, but the slingshot DLC got a pretty lukewarm reception since a small linear story was pretty badly out of place with the rest of the XCOM experience. Well, it turns out now we're getting the proper sort of additional content courtesy of XCOM: Enemy Within.

Here, have some videos:

First, the announcement trailer:

And an extended interview:

To sum from the ign article, it sounds like this is going to be all the right kinds of additional content for a game like XCOM. It seems to be the same campaign, just with a whole lot of extra shit thrown in. A 50% bigger map pool (plus some more multiplayer maps), rebalanced soldier abilities and access to the various localization voices for your soldiers, confirmed changes to the strategic layer (though it hasn't been disclosed what or how much is changing), and what looks to be full-on trans-humanism with gene mods and a new cyborg soldier class. There's going to be a new resource to spend on all the new toys that will spawn in canisters on missions that self destruct if you're too slow. This seems like it might be sort of artificially gamey, but I'll reserve judgment 'till I play it. I also heard somewhere that they're planning on increasing the difficulty on Classic and Impossible, but I'm not sure if that's a seperate thing from your need to rush to get the meld canisters or not.

Also, new Second Wave options:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ARTICLE
...And then some, because there are new Second Wave options coming as well. There's one that will bring back some of the old-school XCOM terror by giving non-cover-using enemies (like Mechtoids and Sectopods) a 50% chance to fire on your soldiers on sight, and, far more exciting for me, one that randomizes the upgrade trees for soldiers beyond their initial class-specific ability. Imagine a Heavy with Lightning Reflexes and Battle Scanner? You might have that, if you're lucky.
I do kind of wish that they were adding more than 40 maps to the rotation since with how much I played EU I'm not sure how much that'll help missions stay lively if I play EW anywhere as much.

But, I mean, I'M TOTALLY STOKED YOU GUYS!
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
- Robert Heinlein
Gregness is offline Add to Gregness's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
Bells
That's so PC of you

Location: In a Server-sided Dimension where time is meaningless
Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay!
Send a message via MSN to Bells Send a message via Skype™ to Bells

i really had fun having a NPF crew in XCOM-EU, keeping your team alive and having them grow up strong is kinda awsome na dhte game does feel strategy.

Then i unocked the secret special characters and the game went meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh for me

Now i have this!

Bells is offline Add to Bells's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
Azisien
wat

Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't.

Super stoked. I'm pre-ordering the day it's available.
Azisien is offline Add to Azisien's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
Grandmaster_Skweeb
Doesn't care anymore

Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age. Grandmaster_Skweeb ruled well and wisely, in the Golden Age.

Support units with the extra distance running perk are going to be most excellent meld grabbers. give 'em stealth and send 'em runnin.
Grandmaster_Skweeb is offline Add to Grandmaster_Skweeb's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
Gregness

Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gregness can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

So... um... guys?

Tentaculats.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
- Robert Heinlein
Unread 08-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #6
Magus
Archer and Armstrong vs. the World

Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something.
Send a message via AIM to Magus

Having recently become a convert to PS Plus, I've been playing Enemy Unknown a lot. I think I'm like 1/2 of the way through the game but it's gotten pretty difficult to play so I might start over and use my credits more wisely.
Magus is offline Add to Magus's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
CABAL49
Not bad.

CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon. CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon. CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon. CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon. CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon. CABAL49 single-handedly slew a dragon.
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49

My issue with the Slingshot dlc is that it came at me too fast. By the last mission I didn't have enough troops to make up a team. I am good enough that I didn't lose a man in them, but everyone was in the hospital. All the tech I go from it though was a big bonus. I was able to get laser weapons and supplies much earlier.
CABAL49 is offline Add to CABAL49's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
Gregness

Some of those second wave options sound freaking amazing.
- Robert Heinlein