The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Bullshit Mountain
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 10-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
Magus
Archer and Armstrong vs. the World

Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something.
Send a message via AIM to Magus
Default Fuhrer Obama's Death Panels Part Infinity: Operation: Healthkyrie

(Note: This topic is part infinity in a 1,000,000 part series)

This website is terrible. I have tried to finish the application three times and it keeps sending me to "My Profile" when I click "continue and verify identity" so I don't know if the claim is being processed or what.

Chat robot told me to write down a number and then call a phone number, so I guess I'll try that.

Any other United States citizens who pay out good money in taxes for the government to create this thing that should work but doesn't seem to work despite years of effort going into creating it GET THIS THING TO WORK

THIS IS CLEARLY SUPERIOR TO A SINGLE PAYER SYSTEM BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK SO NO ONE GETS ANY FREE HEALTH INSURANCE SAVING US ALL MONEY I GUESS MITCH MCCONNELL SHOULD BE PLEASED WAIT HE IS BITCHING BUT IT'S PARTLY HIS FAULT THIS THING EXISTS IN THE FIRST PLACE INSTEAD OF A SINGLE PAYER SYSTEM PAID FOR OUT OF TAXES WHY IS HE BITCHING

Last edited by Magus; 10-26-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Magus is offline Add to Magus's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
Azisien
wat

Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't.

Wasn't it in the news recently that their healthcare online application system was only prepared to handle 50,000 applications at one time? So it would take centuries to insure the whole population or something.

Americans, such noobs at healthcare.
Azisien is offline Add to Azisien's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Send a message via MSN to Kyanbu The Legend

And it's about to be delayed for awhile. (one year)
Unread 10-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
Amake
Keeper of the new

Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Amake broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something.

I suggest just going to the nearest hospital as needed and tell them to bill the government. If enough people do that they'll have to raise taxes to pay these hospital bills and now you've created a system of tax paid health care worthy of a grown-up country. Maybe a few hundred million people will go to prison in the meantime for failing to pay their bills, but hey, prisons have health care.
Amake is offline Add to Amake's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
Magus
Archer and Armstrong vs. the World

Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something.
Send a message via AIM to Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amake View Post
I suggest just going to the nearest hospital as needed and tell them to bill the government. If enough people do that they'll have to raise taxes to pay these hospital bills and now you've created a system of tax paid health care worthy of a grown-up country. Maybe a few hundred million people will go to prison in the meantime for failing to pay their bills, but hey, prisons have health care.
You just basically summarized what already happens
Magus is offline Add to Magus's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
Flarecobra
Burn.

Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.
Send a message via AIM to Flarecobra Send a message via Yahoo to Flarecobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amake View Post
I suggest just going to the nearest hospital as needed and tell them to bill the government.
It's something that I basically do when I go to the VA clinics.

Rules. Read them, know them, love them.
Flarecobra is offline Add to Flarecobra's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #7
Azisien
wat

Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't.

ObamaCare Simplified: Still trying to wrap my head around this as a non-American...

But for folks a little more inclined with the terminology, this video seems pretty positive as long as all our American friends take initiative and optimize their coming insurance coverage.
Azisien is offline Add to Azisien's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
shiney
Derrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history.
Send a message via AIM to shiney Send a message via Yahoo to shiney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanbu The Legend View Post
And it's about to be delayed for awhile. (one year)
Maybe in the Republican dream world, but no, the most that will happen is the tax implications will be delayed for a few months to allow people more time to sign up.

Healthcare.gov is certainly a clusterfark, but it's actually a pretty standard situation in massive project rollouts. Unfortunately this wasn't something that thery had the luxury to delay like is the case with a lot of private industry commercial software, although there were some farily significant problems with the lack of QA testing and the way government as a whole works (like for example, bug fixes needing to be certified by no less than four people before being issued to the developer who then has to go through the procurement process to obtain authorization to bill for the amount which then has another number of approvals).

Anyway this website is just a frontend, which interfaces with dozens of databases and customized state services to deliver a specific localized process for each person attempting to sign up. It was built despite half of our elected government doing everything in their power every second of every day to stop, halt or slow progress on the system. 38 states told the Obama administration to go pound sand which meant the federal government had to build exchanges for them as well, which added to the difficulties of the website. So it's no wonder it's had a troubled rollout. There were deficiencies in planning and typical government stupidity but at the end of the day it's just a website where you can buy insurance, and is just one way of a number of ways you can navigate the process.

That said, the positives for 'ObamaCare' are pretty resoundingly popular, issue to issue all but one aspect of ObamaCare is well-received by the public at large, the one main negative is something everyone agrees with; the individual mandate requiring Americans to purchase health insurance from a private company. People are pissed, and rightfully so, that we can't just do single-payer aka public option and basically open Medicare for everyone. I'd rather pay the fedgov for my health insurance and then have it be handled, the end, full stop, rather than be required to get insurance (or pay a penalty) from the same private companies that have spent their existence destroying the lives of people by arbitrary rate increases and denying coverage.

Meh
Unread 11-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #9
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Send a message via MSN to Kyanbu The Legend
Default Just for the record, I don't trust the Democrates nor the Republicans

With only 40,000 signed up after a months time. The whole you are required to have it at the expense of paying an even higher rate for things you don't need that are added on. Among other problems. This thing really needs to be reworked.

I don't like getting dragged into an argument here because I very much like having an account here. And from what I've learned as an NPF member, very few arguments end well. I'm just saying based on research, Obamacare wasn't ready and needed more revising.

Now socialized medicine where ONLY the gov pays out of taxes, could work... maybe.

Honestly just giving people a real choice and not running most of our insurance companies out of the country would have been pretty nice.
Unread 11-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #10
Flarecobra
Burn.

Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.
Send a message via AIM to Flarecobra Send a message via Yahoo to Flarecobra

And Obama has apologized for the shinanagins.

Rules. Read them, know them, love them.
Flarecobra is offline Add to Flarecobra's Reputation   Reply With Quote