The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Media Consumption
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 08-07-2017, 11:28 PM   #1
mauve
So Dreamy

mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.
Default Your favorite nostalgic soundtracks

In a fit of boredom, I found myself randomly watching a review of the original Kingdom Hearts today. Aside from reminding my how bizarrely good the game was (seriously, how the heck is a game about final fantasy characters hanging out in Disney worlds to save Disney Princesses so fun and charming?!) and that I should really replay it, it reminded me of how good the original soundtrack was.

Simple and Clean is obviously the quintessential Kingdom Hearts song, but that's not the one that hit me emotionally when I watched the review. The song that was playing softly in the background, the one that reminded me of how many hours I spent invested in the game back as a young teen-aged nerd, was this one:

DAAAAMN IT. It's just so gentle and contemplative and slightly sad, and for some reason hearing it now is so incredibly nostalgic and sweet. It's not like this was the song I listened to the most or anything--- It's just the song in the main menu, so I only really heard it when I started up the game. But for some reason this is the one that gets me emotionally.

I mean, for crying out loud, it's Kingdom Hearts, not War and Peace. It's a game about helping Donald and Goofy save princesses, and about how FRIENDSHIP is the greatest thing ever. So why the hell does this stupid song make me remember that I have a soul and emotions like some kind of real human being?!

It's a similar issue with Final Fantasy 9, one of my favorite games in the series. I spent SO MANY HOURS playing FF9, really getting involved with the story and the characters, and I always thought it had a lovely soundtrack. Unlike KH, I'd leave FF9 just playing the looping menu track because I loved it so much.

And of course nothing compares to the emotional sucker-punch packed into this song from Up, because Pixar knows that no matter how emotionally dead you might seem to be on the outside, the first 15 minutes of Up will remind you that you have a heart and that Pixar knows exactly how to break it. Also they play this song on Main Street in Disneyland and that reeeeeally sends mixed messages.

So what video game/movie/tv show/whatever songs hit you right in the feels?

Last edited by mauve; 08-07-2017 at 11:30 PM.
mauve is offline Add to mauve's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2017, 12:55 AM   #2
Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope
Definitely NOT a samurai

Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope's Avatar

Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero. Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is a real American hero.

-takes out his finely crafted pipe and takes a puff-

Sit down young'Un and let me wax nostalgia to you.

Let us start back in the 80's, remember the 80's? An era of big hair, leg warmers and Robocop. Do you kids still like Robocop?

The first song that emerges from my old memories is the original Legend of Zelda Title Theme. Back then you had to imagine your marching through the lands vanquish in evil like out of an old Tolkien novel. The young hero, ready to take on evil armed with a sword, shield and courage.

Zżzzżz

-wakes up suddenly- Next up is the granpappy of the modern JRPG. The world map theme from Dragon Warrior 1. Yes I am calling it Dragon Warrior cause that's how it was back then dol garnit. Kingdom of Alefgard was a reminder of rainy days in summer, but you could still go out and explore the wilds. You versus a great evil.

Children I am getting tired. Let me regale you later

Lost in the Music ~ On Hiatus

Tales of a Torn World ~ World Building
Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope is offline Add to Daimo Mac, The Blue Light of Hope's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2017, 03:10 AM   #3
RickZarber
Please Be Well

RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier. RickZarber is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Default 4AM insomnia edition!

Well for video games... I find a lot of SNES music nostalgic (Super Mario World, especially), but if we're going for a more specific "punch you in the feels" type thing... I'd have post this one from Mario Paint. I can't even imagine the amount of time I spent with this playing in the background while I drew little pictures and animations. It was my favorite of the BGMs even back then, and it still chills me out, just now with that added tinge of melancholic nostalgia. (I've noticed that my headphones push the bass volume way higher than what it was coming out of my old tiny TV with its mono speaker though.)

Oh, and the Wasteland theme from the SNES Lord of the Rings game. (The game was pretty trash, but the entire soundtrack--paltry though it may be--is just *mwah*.)

Other notables would be Dire Dire Docks from Mario 64, Rainbow Road from Mario Kart 64, and the entire soundtracks to both N64 Zelda games.

For movie soundtracks, nothing's gonna beat James Horner's score for The Land Before Time. Probably the movie I watched the most as a kid, and one of my favorite scores even today. I have very strong memories of sitting in front of the TV with that movie.

Everything about that opening section gives me chills, especially when the oboe kicks in at 1:55. Or the big finale bit at the end of the score. Just... hnggggg. And the last little bit just squeezes my heart, never mind the song. Instant nostalgia tears. (For that matter, two other Bluth movie songs get me too.) Other favorites would be the soundtracks to Gettysburg by Randy Edelman (first CD I ever owned), The NeverEnding Story by Klaus Doldinger, and the music from the Rankin/Bass Hobbit and Return of the King movies. This song is my entire childhood and I'm not even sure if that's hyperbole.

Last edited by RickZarber; 08-08-2017 at 03:42 AM.
RickZarber is offline Add to RickZarber's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2017, 09:48 AM   #4
Flarecobra
Burn.

Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.
Send a message via AIM to Flarecobra Send a message via Yahoo to Flarecobra

Thinking back, I think my earliest "Song from a movie" that I remember, comes from Short Circuit 2, "Holding Out for a Hero." from it's chase scene.

Then a year later, The Little Mermaid came out, and I remember enjoying that movie immensely, along with The Rescuers as well.

Rules. Read them, know them, love them.

Last edited by Flarecobra; 08-08-2017 at 09:52 AM.
Flarecobra is offline Add to Flarecobra's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2017, 02:22 PM   #5
Seil
Super stressed!

Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana.
Seil

Seilthread is Seilthread!

;)
Seil is offline Add to Seil's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #6
mauve
So Dreamy

mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.