The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Drawing, writing, and other art
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 06-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #71
akaSM
:3

akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world.
Send a message via MSN to akaSM Send a message via Yahoo to akaSM

I remember doing some cross stitch, it was over 15 years ago and I don't remember sucking at it. Also, keep the awesomeness in this thread Bobbey
akaSM is offline Add to akaSM's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #72
Bobbey
I mustache you a question.

Bobbey is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Bobbey is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Bobbey is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Bobbey is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life.
Send a message via MSN to Bobbey Send a message via Skype™ to Bobbey

Thanks for the nice comments guys

I've started this one last night and finished it this morning. This one was faster to do than the octoroc, and I think I got a bit faster at it as well.

Cross-Stitch 1up by Bobbeyjazz, on Flickr

The comparison says it all I think. So tiny!

I probably won't be making too many of these in the future, but I have another idea I'd like to do with this method. For now, since Otakuthon is coming relatively fast, I've got a lot more beading/magnets to make before mid-august.
The key to being a big league pitcher is the 3 R's: readiness, recuperation, and conditioning! You see, after the game, a lot of guys like to ice up their arm. Still, other fellas think that heat is the way to go. But I have discovered the secret, Henry: hot ice! That's right: hot ice. I heat up... the ice cubes! It's the best of both worlds!
-Phil Brickman
Bobbey is offline Add to Bobbey's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #73
Bobbey

Bobbey is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Bobbey is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Bobbey is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Bobbey is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life.

So, I spent most of my day doing more beadsprites, namely Hatsune Mikus and Pedobears, but since I've already posted those, there was no reason for me to re-post them here. However, I did do something new:

Android by Bobbeyjazz, on Flickr

Fairly simple. My boyfriend suggested me to make a few of these for Otakuthon. All I have left is to install magnets in the back and they're done.
The key to being a big league pitcher is the 3 R's: readiness, recuperation, and conditioning! You see, after the game, a lot of guys like to ice up their arm. Still, other fellas think that heat is the way to go. But I have discovered the secret, Henry: hot ice! That's right: hot ice. I heat up... the ice cubes! It's the best of both worlds!
-Phil Brickman
Unread 06-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #74
Bobbey

Went with the thematic of making ''blue'' things from my To Do sprite list. I'm not too happy with the ironing on my E-Tanks, unfortunately.

E-Tank, Facebook, Ocarina by Bobbeyjazz, on Flickr

I'll probably be doing some Earthbound and Chrono Trigger Sprites soon, or at least, once I get my new bead shipment.
-Phil Brickman
Unread 06-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #75
Bobbey

Chrono Trigger by Bobbeyjazz, on Flickr

Took me most of the day to do these (they are doubled and stacked one over the other in this picture). Magus gave me a bit of trouble, surprisingly...I just couldn't figure out where to stop a certain color and went overboard sometimes. Also, I couldn't make Marle, unfortunately, because I've offically run out of black beads (I had about 70,000 since my last shipment), which basically means that I can't bead anything until I order some beads.

So, for the time being, if I post any pictures here, they'll probably cross-stiching pics.
-Phil Brickman
Unread 06-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #76
akaSM

akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world.

70,000 beads and you used them all? I...just...O_o

So, covering a wall with beads instead of painting isn't that really impossible, huh? That would be awesome
Unread 06-22-2011, 01:33 AM   #77
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire

Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way.
Send a message via AIM to Solid Snake

Those sprites look so amazing I wants them I wants them AAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Unread 06-25-2011, 12:08 AM   #78
Bobbey

Covering a wall of bead would be possible, but I wouldn't recommend it

And yes Snake, they are teh pretties

Small update, even though I'm low on beads, my boyfriend made this prototype today and we're thinking of making a couple of these for the next con just for the lols:

Moustache on a stick by Bobbeyjazz, on Flickr

Classy?
-Phil Brickman
Unread 06-25-2011, 12:10 AM   #79
akaSM

Attach a couple of bead eyebrows to your glasses and the costume is complete
Unread 06-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #80
Bobbey

Heh, if I could make some stick there, it'd be funny as hell at the con.

So, I've spent the last...several days making this stitching project, and I must say I'm quite happy with it. I thought, since these things kinda have this ''badge'' look, well, why not do these?

Pokéball and Kanto Badges by Bobbeyjazz, on Flickr

And now I have no clue what to do with them XD They'd be great for an Ash cosplay though.
-Phil Brickman