The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Media Consumption
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 08-02-2016, 06:04 PM   #1
mauve
So Dreamy

mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.
Default Mauve watches tv shows she should have seen years ago

I have a tendency to hoard money and then binge spend it on random crap. I don't have the internet speed necessary for Netflix. I don't watch much tv since I used to work a night shift and didn't have any digital recording services until this year. I recently discovered a store that sells tons of dvds for super cheap. How are these facts related?

I have now spent an unhealthy amount of money buying tv shows on dvd in an attempt to fill the voids in my pop cultural education. The following is a list of shows I have recently purchased and started watching. Feel free to scoff at the list of shows I had never seen before up until this point.

The Venture Brothers, Seasons One and Two: I've actually seen most of these before via YouTube, but it's nice to have the full collection and watch them in order.

Firefly, the Complete Series. I have never seen Firefly in my life. I felt I needed to rectify this. Except every time I try to watch it I get interrupted by family wanting to watch one of my other shows and wanting me to join them.

Columbo: The show I end up watching instead of Firefly. To be fair, it is an incredibly fun show and Peter Falk is great in it. I highly recommend it: They're fun detective stories wherein the detective spends most of his time actively trolling his suspects just to mess with them. Not fiendishly outwitting them, not backing them into a logical corner to press a confession out of them, just straight up trolling because he already knows whodunnit and he wants them to know he's on to them. It is glorious.

Arrow, Season Two: Never seen Arrow before this. I'm on the fence about it so far. The episodes I've seen are decent, but they seem to suffer from a severe lack of not-Batman-plotlines and not-Batman-villains. But then, I don't know much about Green Arrow other than the character in the JLU cartoon, so maybe I'm mistaken. It's not bad though. I'll probably go back to it and finish the season.

Justice League Unlimited seasons one and two: I am a huge sucker for 90's - early 00's DC cartoons. We'll see if these are as good as I remember them being.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season One. Never seen Buffy before and supposedly that is a crime? The pilot kind of sucked, but I try not to judge a show by its pilot. Haven't felt like watching any more past the pilot yet but like Arrow I'll probably give it another try.

30 Rock, Season One: Never seen it before. I'm enjoying it so far, for the most part. Some episodes are too cringey for me, but a few have made me legitimately laugh out loud. Coming from a live tv background, several elements of the show are very relatable.

Futurama: Never seen it before this. Season One was surprisingly good, Season two a bit less so. I'm just starting on Season Three.

So that's what I have been up to. That's also where most of my money has gone. Once I put a dent in this stack of shows, I'm considering going for Stargate SG-1 and/or Farscape. I remember seeing a few episodes of Farscape back when it was on tv, but I've never seen Stargate. Opinions on these?

I'm also set on grabbing Gravity Falls if a copy ever shows up in the cheap dvd store-- I have seen a few episodes, but I want to see the whole series.

Boy howdy it'll sure be awesome when my house is able to get internet speeds capable of supporting hulu or netflix.

What other shows, current or older, should I look into? If it's not Sherlock, Person of Interest, Rick and Morty, or The Night Manager, just assume I haven't watched it before.

Last edited by mauve; 08-02-2016 at 06:12 PM.
mauve is offline Add to mauve's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #2
pochercoaster
rollerpocher tycoon

pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve.
Send a message via AIM to pochercoaster Send a message via MSN to pochercoaster

Have you seen avatar the last airbender? Dunno if that counts as old.
pochercoaster is offline Add to pochercoaster's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2016, 07:53 PM   #3
Arcanum
Strike the Earth!

Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve Mage View Post
Arrow, Season Two: Never seen Arrow before this. I'm on the fence about it so far. The episodes I've seen are decent, but they seem to suffer from a severe lack of not-Batman-plotlines and not-Batman-villains. But then, I don't know much about Green Arrow other than the character in the JLU cartoon, so maybe I'm mistaken. It's not bad though. I'll probably go back to it and finish the season.
You're probably better off not going back to Arrow. Season 3 is even more batman plot, with Ra's al Ghul wanting Green Arrow to become the new leader of the League of Assassins. It's also filled with characters making the dumbest decisions ever, and failing to learn from the mistakes they made in the past two seasons. Season 4 is even worse, and I stopped watching the show a couple of episodes into it.

If you want live action DC heroes, check out Flash. It can be super campy/cheesy at times (which can be good or bad depending on your preferences), but overall it's pretty good and I'm excited for the next season to air.

Quote:
Justice League Unlimited seasons one and two: I am a huge sucker for 90's - early 00's DC cartoons. We'll see if these are as good as I remember them being.
They are.

And after you're done with those try to get a hold of Young Justice. It's even more DC goodness, but focuses on the younger heroes/sidekicks. First season focuses on a team made of Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Super Boy, Miss Martian, and Artemis. Second season has things going off the rails and it's fantastic. Sadly there are only two seasons, and while both seasons wrap up their respective plot lines nicely, they do set some things up for a third season that we will never see resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pochercoaster View Post
Have you seen avatar the last airbender? Dunno if that counts as old.
Seconding this. Also the sequel series, Legend of Korra.
Unread 08-02-2016, 07:55 PM   #4
mauve
So Dreamy

mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. mauve has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.

I saw a handful of episodes in the very first season, but not many!
Unread 08-02-2016, 10:47 PM   #5
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire

Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way.
Send a message via AIM to Solid Snake

Mauve, you are committing blasphemy by refusing to watch Firefly in the year 2016. Just thought you should know that.

I remember years back when NPF was a slightly more popular place to chill a group of us were considering doing a watch-athon of Last Airbender together, and it fell through, for reasons I don't quite remember. I still haven't watched an episode. So, maybe I'm committing blasphemy too? We can all be blasphemous together.
Unread 08-02-2016, 11:06 PM   #6
pochercoaster
rollerpocher tycoon

pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve. pochercoaster has the dial turned up to eleven. Maybe twelve.
Send a message via AIM to pochercoaster Send a message via MSN to pochercoaster

You both must watch the entirety of the last airbender. It's fantastic. I just finished marathoning it for the third time, and it's still highly entertaining.

If you have amazon prime, it's available on there, btw.

Last edited by pochercoaster; 08-02-2016 at 11:09 PM.
pochercoaster is offline Add to pochercoaster's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2016, 11:30 PM   #7
Gregness
Never give up. Never give in.

Gregness INVENTED reputation, you know! Gregness INVENTED reputation, you know! Gregness INVENTED reputation, you know! Gregness INVENTED reputation, you know! Gregness INVENTED reputation, you know! Gregness INVENTED reputation, you know! Gregness INVENTED reputation, you know! Gregness INVENTED reputation, you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pochercoaster View Post
You both must watch the entirety of the last airbender. It's fantastic. I just finished marathoning it for the third time, and it's still highly entertaining.

If you have amazon prime, it's available on there, btw.
Ooh, I always had amazon prime just to get free shipping on textbooks, but I keep discovering neat little bonuses like this. Thanks!

Also, Legend of Korra was pretty boss too, so check it out after you finish the first series.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
- Robert Heinlein
Gregness is offline Add to Gregness's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2016, 11:52 PM   #8
mauve
So Dreamy

Quote:
Mauve, you are committing blasphemy by refusing to watch Firefly in the year 2016.
I'm not refusing! I own it and I really want to watch it! But I keep getting thwarted by people wanting to borrow my Columbo dvds and simultaneously spend time with me, for some reason!

Quote:
And after you're done with those try to get a hold of Young Justice. It's even more DC goodness, but focuses on the younger heroes/sidekicks. First season focuses on a team made of Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Super Boy, Miss Martian, and Artemis. Second season has things going off the rails and it's fantastic. Sadly there are only two seasons, and while both seasons wrap up their respective plot lines nicely, they do set some things up for a third season that we will never see resolved.
I've heard lots of good things about Young Justice! They actually had Season One at the cheap dvd place, but I went with JLU instead. I might pick it up if it's still there the next time I go in!
Unread 08-03-2016, 01:10 AM   #9
The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk
War Incarnate

The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk's Avatar

The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via MSN to The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauve Mage View Post

Firefly, the Complete Series. I have never seen Firefly in my life. I felt I needed to rectify this. Except every time I try to watch it I get interrupted by family wanting to watch one of my other shows and wanting me to join them.
Quote:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season One. Never seen Buffy before and supposedly that is a crime? The pilot kind of sucked, but I try not to judge a show by its pilot. Haven't felt like watching any more past the pilot yet but like Arrow I'll probably give it another try.
Quote:
So that's what I have been up to. That's also where most of my money has gone. Once I put a dent in this stack of shows, I'm considering going for Stargate SG-1 and/or Farscape. I remember seeing a few episodes of Farscape back when it was on tv, but I've never seen Stargate. Opinions on these?
Good god woman, what have you been doing with your life?! Just... how.. why??

Sorry, these are just some of my all time favourite shows. I've watched these things like 4-5 times each, if not more. Just, go, watch them, enjoy them. Also don't forget Angel and Stargate Atlantis too. You may however skip Stargate Universe.

EDIT; Wait, you haven't seen Young Justice either?
Oh Mauve, poor, poor Mauve...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azisien View Post
"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR I AM A GIANT SPACE TURTLE!!!"
PSN - Hawk_of_Battle
The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is offline Add to The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2016, 10:10 AM   #10
mauve
So Dreamy

I originally skipped Young Justice because I mistakenly assumed it was a Teen Titans clone. I never much cared for Teen Titans.

As for Buffy, is Season One a good place for me to start, or is it one of those shows that really starts getting good in later seasons?