The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 07-10-2005, 04:31 PM   #1
Psrdirector
Sent to the cornfield

Psrdirector is an unknown quantity at this point.
Default Indiana food tax

If you know anything about Indiana, you would know that people elected a bad Governor who promised not to raise taxes (he was called argent and rude by the oldest senator for when he was an advisory to Bush and put thousands out of work by shutting down a company and making millions.) and he hasn't, technically. He has gone to every county and asked that to pay for the collapsing government, that they raise there taxes.... on food. Yes, now in many parts of Indiana purchasing milk will now be taxed, and restaurant tax will also be raised, good job Mitch, you screwed us all and the republicans still love you.

Hes my man bitch...(only get that joke if you live in Indiana, and even then its an admittedly bad one)

I don't know about you but I think basic food items should be tax free and not be used to pay for the state cause he doesn't want to admit he has to raise taxes to keep the taxes on the rich low. Does anyone else here think this as well.
Psrdirector is offline Add to Psrdirector's Reputation  
Unread 07-10-2005, 09:43 PM   #2
P-Sleazy
Can Summon Sparkles by Posing!

P-Sleazy is so pumped up.
Send a message via AIM to P-Sleazy

hmmm...raise taxes on the rich...that sounds like a wonderful idea. Now why would anyone in government NOT want to do that. Oh no it couldnt possibly be that most of those guys live in BIG FANCY HOUSES, with their own servants, and people to read for them and summarize what they read, and gosh, that brand new Ferrari couldnt have anything to do with it either!

Truth be told...most of these republican representatives arent for raising taxes on the rich because THEY ARE RICH! Sure the democrats are rich too but you dont see them giving tax cuts that benefit mostly the rich do you?

PLZ correct me if im wrong. I had a Govt teacher who was one of the MOST liberal people you could EVER find EVER!

Totally returning for the Summer: a mafia Game: Sign ups HERE!
P-Sleazy is offline Add to P-Sleazy's Reputation  
Unread 07-10-2005, 10:45 PM   #3
Dragonsbane
Villainous Archmage

Dragonsbane is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Dragonsbane Send a message via MSN to Dragonsbane Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonsbane

"Argent" means "shining white or silver". Unless he's a glowing caucasian, I doubt this man is truly argent.

Furthermore, you post no sources, make unsupported claims, and generally fail to support your argument at all. For that matter, what IS your argument, besides "this man is bad"?
Dragonsbane is offline Add to Dragonsbane's Reputation  
Unread 07-12-2005, 12:55 PM   #4
Psrdirector
Sent to the cornfield

Arogent, or what ever, i cant spell. Meaning snobby and idiot. Its from the book. Lost America, go read it, Senotor Byrd is the author

and tax
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...52/1006/NEWS01

Im not just saying random stuff here are your resources.

And yes they dont raise the tax on the rich cause they are.

Last edited by Psrdirector; 07-12-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Unread 07-12-2005, 01:33 PM   #5
ApathyMan
WYLD STALLYNS!

ApathyMan is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to ApathyMan Send a message via MSN to ApathyMan Send a message via Skype™ to ApathyMan

Well, in Massachusetts our Republican governor, Mitt Romney, is currently championing his success of getting the state out of our slump without raising any taxes at all (which is wholly true). Don't get bogged down in titles like "Republican" and "Democrat" - there are plenty of asshole Democrats who act just like Governor Daniels.

Taxing milk? If anything (not that it should be), soda and various junk foods should be taxed first - as well as deemed a "luxury" not supported by food stamps and EBT cards (or similar programs). But MILK?! That's just madness, especially considering how the milk market has been in a slump recently with prices rising higher than ever.

But there's one thing that people have to remember; the budget of the whole country is much easier to deal with than the budget of states and localities, and shouldn't necessarially be seen through the same pair of glasses. In fact, county and city governments are the most difficult to deal with economically, because it's budget is must be painstakingly worked upon to provide the most amount of benefit for its citizens. It ends up being that the sole purpose of local government - raising money for the localities - they will tax anything if they need to.

In other words, for a governor to do something as politically dangerous as sign a blank check to the localities... it must be (or rather, had better be) for a damn good reason.

Young God Radio

Sprinkled with gumdrops since 1982

Last edited by ApathyMan; 07-12-2005 at 01:41 PM.
ApathyMan is offline Add to ApathyMan's Reputation  
Unread 07-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #6
Psrdirector
Sent to the cornfield

the reason is to build a new home for the colts, there old one is 10 years old, and so he donst raise taxes for rich or buisness.

Assholeness goes to all partys, the most corupt politition I can think of is a democrat. Mayor Daily of Chicago, he has used so many illegal things to win the democratic primary (the actually election in chicago is a formality, after the primary you see no more politacol ads, the republicans in chicago make about 10% so its all primary) Dead people pets crimanals, and those who dont vote very often.

The reason Im really disapointed in this is, well alot of republicans in indiana, are getting mad at the local leaders and trying to get ride of them, but dont notice they were asked to do so by the goviner. So im more mad at the people for being blind.
Unread 07-12-2005, 05:13 PM   #7
Raerlynn
Lurker

Raerlynn will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.
Send a message via AIM to Raerlynn

Ironically enough, Chicago is primarily a democratic city. I live 30 minutes east of St. Louis, in southwestern Illinois, and this state has always been labelled Democratic, despite the military prescence five minutes north of me. I attribute that to the millions in Chicago drowning out the thousands in south Illinois.
Raerlynn is offline Add to Raerlynn's Reputation  
Unread 07-13-2005, 12:29 AM   #8
Staizer
"I was a Llama once"

Staizer is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Staizer

Uh . . . what do you mean the rich aren't being taxed? They buy food too don't they? In fact, as far as I know, they buy more food, and more expensive food, so the taxes on their food would be higher . . . Let's say the food tax is 10 percent, an average person would spend about 100-200 dollars on food, so that's 10-20 dollars tax, totaling $110-220. The average rich person would probably spend somewhere around 300-400 dollars, so 30-40 dollars tax, totaling $330-440. If that is the case (and I am probably generalizing, but that is how I see it) then the rich people are getting taxed MORE by this increase. Or am I wrong in my math?

Save the trees, eat the cows! - me

"YOU SPOONY BARD!" - Tellah FFIV

"If we had ham we could have ham and cheese sandwiches, if we had cheese." - Endymion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictish
Except it was more like someone took a crap actress, wrote her a script in crap and got her to say it in bullshit.
Staizer is offline Add to Staizer's Reputation  
Unread 07-13-2005, 01:11 PM   #9
Psrdirector
Sent to the cornfield

What hurts you more, 10 dollers of 100 dollers or 100 dollers of 1000 or say 1000 of 10000, as you see as the amount of money goes up, the amount it hurts you goes down, it should be you get taxed more the more money you have. Also when im talking about not being taxed its things like inheritence taxes capital gains, things we average people dont get effected by that are being lessened or removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerlynn
Ironically enough, Chicago is primarily a democratic city. I live 30 minutes east of St. Louis, in southwestern Illinois, and this state has always been labelled Democratic, despite the military prescence five minutes north of me. I attribute that to the millions in Chicago drowning out the thousands in south Illinois.
I dont see the irony here, Chicago is a large city (3rd in the usa) and big citys are democratic, and add to that they havent had a none democratic mayor in god knows how long, Its not that ironic. Now what you say about drowning out, yes i agree, sorta. It cant be just Chicago that got kerry 90% of the states votes, chicago is less then half the population, they cant give 90% of the votes to the democratic president. Illinois is a very democratic place all over.

Stewert called it the closest race in the country, hehehhe
Unread 07-13-2005, 02:02 PM   #10
Lucas
Shotokan Master

Lucas is an unknown quantity at this point.

Quote:
What hurts you more, 10 dollers of 100 dollers or 100 dollers of 1000 or say 1000 of 10000, as you see as the amount of money goes up, the amount it hurts you goes down
What hurts you more, collecting unemployment, welfare, having time and access to visit taxpayer funded public sites? Your argument here is completely useless.

Duh, obviously the rich person is going to end up with more money than the poor person after you cut an equal percentage off both, but that's not because the tax is raping the poor, its because he started rich.

The rich aren't getting hammered any harder than the poor with respect to a food tax. People who consume a lot of food get hammered. Honestly, saying things like "omg the rich eat more" is a complete crock. Fat people, performance athletes, chefs, caterers, reception organizers, restauranteers, and so on: these are the people directly affected by the tax.

But guess what: they aren't affected very much, and a tax targetting a good which is often overconsumed isn't an entirely bad thing. High taxes on gas? People use public transport if they can. High taxes on water? People don't leave their hoses on. High taxes on electrical overconsumption? People turn off the lights when they aren't using them.
Lucas is offline Add to Lucas's Reputation