The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 11-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
BitVyper
History's Strongest Dilettante

BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday!
Send a message via AIM to BitVyper
Default The curious strategy guide. How will you use it?

One day, you walk into a store that you could swear wasn't there yesterday. It has all kinds of little oddities, but your eye is drawn to a strange magazine; a videogame strategy guide. On the cover, is an anime-character that looks suspiciously similar to you. The guide promises cheat codes, hidden rooms, hidden characters, and a guide to all possible endings. Curious about the game, you page through some of the book. Oddly, it doesn't list what system it is for, but after awhile, you notice that it seems to refer to events from your own life in a strange, objective sort of way. You purchase the book, and the shop's aged owner warns you "beware the price of knowledge," before cackling as you leave the shop in a daze. When you turn around, the shop is, of course, gone.

You look down at the strategy guide again, and notice that the page you are on details exactly how to find the little shop. Apparently, buying food for that homeless guy yesterday was a good idea. Now, will you turn to the next page? If you do, how much will you use the book? In addition to information, it has a standard array of cheat codes, like max money, which will put a full year's pay from your current job in your bank account, but never go above that, infinite ammo, and all the other boring cheats. Cheat codes require strange tasks of you, like buying two bags of doritos, and taking a single bite out of each one.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea is asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace; we've got work to do!"

Awesome art be here.
BitVyper is offline Add to BitVyper's Reputation  
Unread 11-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
Terex4
Shaken not Stirred

Terex4 INVENTED reputation, you know! Terex4 INVENTED reputation, you know! Terex4 INVENTED reputation, you know! Terex4 INVENTED reputation, you know! Terex4 INVENTED reputation, you know! Terex4 INVENTED reputation, you know! Terex4 INVENTED reputation, you know! Terex4 INVENTED reputation, you know!
Send a message via Skype™ to Terex4

I would use it to find all the hidden nicotine "powerups" and get a promotion. Other than that I really don't have much use for it.

....except for maybe bonus content.
Terex4 is offline Add to Terex4's Reputation  
Unread 11-02-2008, 10:55 AM   #3
Odjn
Oi went ta Orksford, Oi did.

Odjn is the wind beneath your wings. Odjn is the wind beneath your wings. Odjn is the wind beneath your wings. Odjn is the wind beneath your wings. Odjn is the wind beneath your wings.

I would get ten jobs (probably graveyard shift since they're highest pay> and use the money cheat code.

Then relax for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty McBarrelpants View Post
I'm a terrible human being, who is drunk half the time, is unshaven, unwashed, being a dick to people to see what happens.
There are no features that I possess, physical, mental or social in me, that would ground this decision of yours except in the most horrible of tastes.
Odjn is offline Add to Odjn's Reputation  
Unread 11-02-2008, 11:17 AM   #4
Dauntasa
Goddamn Commie

Dauntasa is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

"Hot Coffee"
Dauntasa is offline Add to Dauntasa's Reputation  
Unread 11-02-2008, 11:19 AM   #5
Si Civa
Nothing's gonna change my world

Si Civa is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. Si Civa is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.

Phase one. We will freak out.
Phase two. Wacky powers, so funny!
Phase three. We can save Earth and people who are living in it, whoo!
Phase four. We are egoistic assholes and we want all the money and the power.

For some people there's no phase two or phase three.
Si Civa is offline Add to Si Civa's Reputation  
Unread 11-02-2008, 12:05 PM   #6
The Argent Lord
Master of Silver

The Argent Lord is a name known to all, except that guy. The Argent Lord is a name known to all, except that guy.

I would definitely read through some of the sections before the present. And yes, probably the cheat codes.
Unread 11-02-2008, 12:05 PM   #7
The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk
War Incarnate

The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk's Avatar

The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via MSN to The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk

Flying cars FTW!

Also I'd spawn all those cars and tanks that I'd never be able to get otherwise. Then comes Godmode, naturally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azisien View Post
"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR I AM A GIANT SPACE TURTLE!!!"
PSN - Hawk_of_Battle
The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is offline Add to The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk's Reputation  
Unread 11-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #8
TopHatAssassin
Like a millionaire

TopHatAssassin is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. TopHatAssassin is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.
Send a message via MSN to TopHatAssassin

I'd open multiple bank accounts and use the money cheat, as well as use the one that unlocks the super awesome badass ship with all the best weapons and the fastest acceleration and all that fancy jazz.

I'd also look at all the pretty pictures. They're always pretty.

Aye, num nums indeed.
TopHatAssassin is offline Add to TopHatAssassin's Reputation  
Unread 11-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #9
Dular
Eye see you.

Dular is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via MSN to Dular

Money cheat. Maybe sift through some of the more bizarre cheatcodes.

But of course, those really bizzare codes require a gameshark.
Unread 11-02-2008, 01:13 PM   #10
Odjn
Oi went ta Orksford, Oi did.

Odjn is the wind beneath your wings. Odjn is the wind beneath your wings. Odjn is the wind beneath your wings. Odjn is the wind beneath your wings. Odjn is the wind beneath your wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dular View Post
Money cheat. Maybe sift through some of the more bizarre cheatcodes.

But of course, those really bizzare codes require a gameshark.
I am imagining an anthropomorphic shark with sunglasses. Who talks like the Fonz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty McBarrelpants View Post
I'm a terrible human being, who is drunk half the time, is unshaven, unwashed, being a dick to people to see what happens.
There are no features that I possess, physical, mental or social in me, that would ground this decision of yours except in the most horrible of tastes.
Odjn is offline Add to Odjn's Reputation