The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Playing Games
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 11-24-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
akaSM
:3

akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world.
Send a message via MSN to akaSM Send a message via Yahoo to akaSM
Video Games The give & get sale at Steam

So, I was looking around the Steam store to see what could I find, and there's a sale going from today to Nov 29. The thing about this sale is that you can get huge discounts in some games if you buy them in bundles. So, I was thinking maybe we could buy these bundles and expand our TF2 and L4D2 weekends to other games. And also to save some money while getting new games

Last edited by akaSM; 11-24-2010 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Tag :3
akaSM is offline Add to akaSM's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
Viridis
oh, what fun we will have!

Viridis is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Viridis is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Viridis is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Viridis is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life.

You missed the best part! Valve is giving away games. They're going to pick 30 random people each day, and give them 5 games from their wishlists. You are eligible if you have 10 or more things on yours.

Details here.

Last edited by Viridis; 11-24-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Viridis is offline Add to Viridis's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 01:12 AM   #3
Azisien
wat

Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't. Azisien can secretly fly, but doesn't, because it would make everyone else feel bad that they can't.

I can't decide if I want Alpha Protocol at the current price or not.

Also, similar to akasm's thinking, we should bolster our TF2 and L4D crews - and even then mainly the latter since almost everybody has TF2 - to make these events even more insanely awesome!
Azisien is offline Add to Azisien's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 03:36 AM   #4
Melfice
Vigilo - Confido

Melfice is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Melfice is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Melfice is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Melfice is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life.
Send a message via MSN to Melfice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azisien View Post
I can't decide if I want Alpha Protocol at the current price or not.

Also, similar to akasm's thinking, we should bolster our TF2 and L4D crews - and even then mainly the latter since almost everybody has TF2 - to make these events even more insanely awesome!
It's only €7.50.
I got it for full-price on my PS3, and I had fun with it.

Just go for it, dude.
"Yes, but... there's a PDS on the planet below!"
"...May God help us all. *mashes Self Destruct button*"
Melfice is offline Add to Melfice's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 03:59 AM   #5
Krylo
The Straightest Shota

Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat].

Yeah, the ratings against Alpha Protocol are all pretty unfair. The writing is basically the best you're going to see in a video game, and character choices actually make a significant difference to how the game unfolds. Just because they don't let you know that you should invest into some kind of gun at the beginning for boss fights, if nothing else, is really no reason to rate it as low as it's been rated by a lot of people.
Unread 11-25-2010, 05:27 AM   #6
mudah.swf
Rocky Wrench

mudah.swf is so pumped up.
Send a message via AIM to mudah.swf Send a message via MSN to mudah.swf

I got myself Counter Strike: Source for £3.50, which I think was a very good deal indeed.
mudah.swf is offline Add to mudah.swf's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
akaSM

akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world.

Hey guys, guess what?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/

L4D2 is on sale, you can get a 6 copy bundle for only 24.99, making each copy just about 4 USD, I think this is a great opportunity for those who don't have it (last weekend I counted Ryong and Mac)

Also, there are some big damn discount on indie game packs . Oh boy, my account is gonna be filled with these :3
Unread 11-25-2010, 05:56 PM   #8
Living Bobbeh
That's NumberWang!

Living Bobbeh is like one of those neat quartz stones you find at the beach.
Send a message via AIM to Living Bobbeh Send a message via MSN to Living Bobbeh

Guys, massive spoilers ahead.

"The Indie bundles and gift packs of games over the next 4 days of the Steam sale have been leaked, via THE COMPETITION. This was made available before today’s sale, and contained everything that went on sale today, so I think it is safe to assume it is legit.

These Indie Packs, if the same price as the previous 2, will be £3.99 each:
Indie Air Pack: Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight
Indie Clever Pack: Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo
Indie Pulse Pack: Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Beat, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone
Indie Puzzle Pack: Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis

Also leaked were the games that are going to be available in multi Packs for gifting, and how many will be in the pack, although without prices (but they have all been heavily discounted so far):
Aliens Vs Predator TWO THOUSAND AND TEN 6-pack
Braid 10-pack
Empire: Total War 6-pack
Freedom Force 10-pack
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City 6-pack
Just Cause 2 8-pack
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West 10-pack
Mount & Blade: Warband 6-pack
Nyxquest: Kindred Spirits 10-pack
Osmos 12-pack
Portal 6-pack
Recettear: An Item Shop’s Tale 8 pack
Red Faction: Gorilla 8-pack
Splinter Cell: Conviction 6-pack
Trine 8-pack
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – Chaos Rising 8-pack
World of Goo 12-pack

Not leaked were the individual sale items, so the surprise hasn’t been totally ruined.

Edit: Something worth mentioning. A lot of the items in multi packs so far have also been discounted individually."

Via: SavyGamer
Unread 11-25-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
akaSM

Hmm, the packs look really interesting, maybe I'll get them all :3. Also, the borderlands offer is gone, and I just deposited some money in my bank account
Unread 11-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #10
Marc v4.0
Fight Me, Nerds

Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Marc v4.0 will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday!

I picked up the Deus Ex pack with a few minutes to spare

Really hoping the Fallout pack would have gone up, but oh well

edit: I feel sorta dumb, but what determines the 'rank' of my wishlist items and how do I change it if I can?

Last edited by Marc v4.0; 11-25-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Marc v4.0 is offline Add to Marc v4.0's Reputation   Reply With Quote