The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Drawing, writing, and other art
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 12-09-2015, 08:31 PM   #261
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Send a message via MSN to Kyanbu The Legend

Update:

Time for me to start posting those bios for the Witches of the Four Seasons. Whom make up half of this game's bosses.

Going by order of the seasons from Autumn to Summer. With their leader Vivian at the very end. I was originally going to have all of the Witches backgrounds be based on their respective seasons. But decided it would be best to have the backgrounds focused on locations in Somnus Castle. The setting for the game project. Abbi or "Autumn" as she is called by her friends is one of this game's bosses. more info on her below.

Abbigail Farley a.k.a Autumn

Job Class: Edge Caster
Bio: A High School friend of Vivian and a member of her traveling Guild "Witches of the Four Seasons". Known by many as the masked vigilante "Autumn Harvester" back in her home country of "Mel Dine". Abbigail is a farmer from Mel Dine's country side whom earned a chance to study at Nova Academy. A renowned School in Mel Dine's capital "Alexander City" for gifted Casters. After one of it's professor successfully caught her and offered an ultimatum. Come with him to the academy to study and hone her skills for a better purpose. Or go to prison for her crimes against the Upper Class Nobles. While she hated the capital and the Casters that looked down on the country side. She reluctantly agreed and joined Nova. Where she eventually met and befriended "Vivian Vale". After graduation she became her guilds first member. Abbigail loves messing with others and can be a bit playfully harsh towards her fellow teamates who aren't Vivian. And loves hanging around with Sarina. As the "Autumn" member of her guild, Abbigail specializes in powerful Wind and life draining Dark spells. And prefers to use Sickles and Scythes.

Personality Tropes: At her best she's witty, clever and sarcastic. At her worst she cruel and a sociopath, especially towards the wealthy. Usually she's a lovable jerk.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 12-09-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2015, 11:07 PM   #262
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
mIrAcLeS Yes ha ha! :D

Update:

A very special series of posts will be up shortly explaining a key gameplay mechanic. I've been brain storming on a way to help give "D-Resonate" a unique feel to its gameplay. And I believe I've done it in a manor that fits the name "Resonate", and what I have planned for future titles in this series.
I'm Super Happy and very excited! X3 It may not seem like much but executing it in dynamic ways will be where I feel it'll shine most.

Unread 12-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #263
rpgdemon
Not a Taco

rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. rpgdemon has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanbu The Legend View Post
It may not seem like much but executing it in dynamic ways will be where I feel it'll shine most.

Come on man, don't apologize for your idea before even showing it off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard The 5th LW View Post
RPG has total "I told you so" privileges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard The 5th LW View Post
RPG still has total "I told you so" privileges.
rpgdemon is offline Add to rpgdemon's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2015, 06:28 PM   #264
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Two Updates: and yes the Resonate mechanic details I promised will be up today.

Rin Miyuki a.k.a Winter

Job Class: Wise Caster
Bio: A skilled Wise Caster from the mountain region of Lucidia Island whom Vivian hired to serve as the guild's "Winter" member. Eventually becoming good friends with her and the other members. Having a natural resistance to extreme low temperatures, Rin often loves to tease the other members whenever they complain about the cold winter weather and snow that usually results from her spells. From verbal to light clothing in the winter time and while casting said spells. Rin specializes in ice and wind spells. Combining the two to simulate extreme cold weather such as hail and blizzards in general. Living up to her nick name "Winter Goddess". While she has great offensive power, she tends to focus on defensive counters to slow or stop her opponents cold in their tracks.

Personality Tropes: At her best she has a gentle and charming personality. At her worst she's insensitive to others when it comes to the cold, and personal space, coming off more as a Aphrodite. Usually she's fairly upbeat and entertaining.

As for what I was talking about earlier.

The Resonate Mechanic will be up later today.

Also yes, I finished Xaniras's npc sprite.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

Update:

Resonate Mechanic

Unread 12-13-2015, 09:03 PM   #265
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

If you can find the time to make it do weird stuff to some enemies or open up secret passages, it could be neat. Maybe if it has a minimum time that it always stays up after starting, or if it takes a second to go away, you could use it for "hit this switch but not that switch" platforming puzzles.

And it looks cool, so that's important.
Unread 12-16-2015, 09:04 PM   #266
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Yeah I'll definitely try to make it serve a use with enemies and pathways.

Update:

Back to the Witches

Fleurette Eliane a.k.a Spring

Job Class: Wise Caster
Bio: A skilled Wise Caster from the nation"Rosa" and former member of a Guild of Nobles called "Silent Thorn". After quitting the guild due to mistreatment from their leader and fleeing the country. Fleurette learned about Vivians new guild after seeing flyers posted around "Alexander City" Mel Dine. Impressed by Fleurette incredible use Earth and Wind Spells and her control over plant life. Vivian hired her as their "Spring" member. While she's great friends with Vivian and Rin (Winter). She doesn't get along well with Abbigail (Autumn). Partly due to Abbigail's tendency to use her plants as target practice for her Wind and Dark Spells. Fleurette is often very quite. Rarely ever speaking, even to those close to her. Which tends to aggravate Abbigail. Despite this, she's a very cheerful and mostly spends time tending to her plants. Despite being the "Spring" member, she tends to favor gothic style black dresses few very few bright colors. Fleurette or "Spring" as she's often called by her friends. Specializes in Earth spells and has the power to control plant life. Combined with being very handy with Wind and Water Spells and being able to cast spells remotely using the plants she controls, She is able to often over whelm her opponents very quickly in Forests and Jungles. When she was in "Rosa" as a member of "Silent Thorn" She was known as "La Forêt Noire Sorcière". Though she never was very fond of that title.

Personality Tropes: at her best she's quite but perky very friendly towards others, at her worst she's harsh towards those that harm plants unnecessarily and dislikes reckless Fire users, Usually she's quite timid and very sincere.
Unread 12-20-2015, 05:17 PM   #267
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

I have ideas for Sonic The Hedgehog 2D gameplay. Not sure if I'll post them. I kind of don't want to do fan games for personal reasons.

Why did I say that in this thread? Some of those ideas will likely be used in this game.

May actually have a playable version of the beta (Unity build) of "D-Resonate Sonata of the Phantasm" ready in 2016. Won't be much just following:

Waking Forest Stage
Black Towers Stage
Somnus Gate Stage

Key word there being may. It really falls on how long it takes for me to fine tune Sarina's(player) controls along with a bit of bug testing. Remember Beta to me does not mean buggy mess. it means lack of content needed for the complete game. XD

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 12-20-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2015, 08:02 PM   #268
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

Just call it a demo like back in the shareware days.
Unread 12-22-2015, 09:31 AM   #269
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Have an early Marry Christmas! And a happy Holiday!

The famed "Witches of the Four Seasons" Have been hired by Santa to help him with his deliveries this year. After Sarina "Lost" some of the presents last year.
Unread 01-01-2016, 12:32 AM   #270
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

update:

wips