The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Drawing, writing, and other art
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 04-15-2016, 10:43 PM   #291
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Send a message via MSN to Kyanbu The Legend

Update:

Map of Waking Forest

Here it is. A map of the stage "Waking Forest". Not super detailed since this is styled more like the Maps in Super Metroid. but this shows you how many areas are in the stage, how the alternate routes are set up. And how many of the areas I've finished so far.

Waking Forest is pretty huge. And will be the largest stage in the game as I'm going to be keeping the rest of them at a much lower and more modest size. I might cut a few room from Waking Forest though. Not entirely sure yet. Black Towers map will be next.
Unread 04-22-2016, 07:36 AM   #292
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.

Right after this update:

Sage of Dark Fate 2016 CGHQ

I'm still experimenting with a her outfit so this seems like a good time to draw a full CG of her.

This character is related the game project or rather the world the project is set in.

Her design has changed a lot since the first time I've drawn her.
http://kyanbu.deviantart.com/art/Sag...nish-191316604

And her new bio is much different from the original take too. Mainly do to how much the project's setting has changed since Mischief Knights was canceled.

Name: Fate Phantasma Vanish
Race: Demon
Job Class: Sage of Darkness, Wise Caster
Description:
The Daughter of "Holand Von Vanish" Sage of Void. Fate is a powerful Caster, Skilled in Dark Spells in attacks. Prior to becoming the Current Sage of Darkness. She was a narcissistic Noble Demon who spent most of her time tormenting her vassals, and sitting around The Vanish Family Castle in complete boredom from the lack of worthy opponents to spar with. When she was asked by her father to stand as "Sage of Darkness" in Kage's place after she had stepped down and disappeared years ago. Fate took up the job, hoping to find something interesting to do with her powers. And someone to give her the challenge she was looking for.

Despite her position as a Sage, Fate does not possess many of the perks, Political power, and abilities of a full fledged Sage. Due to Kage never training an apprentice before she left, and her simply being handed the position by her father in order to fill the seventh seat left open from Kage's sudden departure. And so that the Seven Sages of the Sage Counsel Citadel could retain their number. Until a proper successor is found. Fate does not use weapons and relies entirely on her spells and dark abilities. Can shape shift into many different forms and creatures as well as turn parts of her own body into blades or spikes. Can hide in and move through shadows. She prefers to toy with her opponents rather then defeat them out right. Only fighting seriously if she deems them worthy enough. Despite being just a stand in, Fate dreams of becoming a true Sage. And Hopes to one day fight and defeat Kage to prove her might as the infamous "Queen of Torment". While he father hopes that her stay as a Stand in Sage might help soften her up to become a more well rounded heroine.

Personality (Tropes): At her best she's ambiguously evil, helping out, and sometimes saving others on rare occasions. At her worst, she's short tempered, will snap at others who dishonor or insult her very easily, and will torment others for the fun of it. Usually she's honorable, loyal, very vain and sometimes caring though she doesn't like show it much.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 04-22-2016 at 07:41 AM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2016, 05:23 PM   #293
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Phenom II's may be old (2008 CPU) but they are still hanging in there, This Quad Core CPU was just what this old machine of mines needed. To hold me over until I can work a few things out and start buying the parts for my next rig.

I shouldn't have any issues using Unity now and I'll be able to multi task a bit more so things should speed up at least a bit.

Although this does kind of go against my desire to have the game running on my old base hardware very well as the lowest possible hardware choice. But In my defense I said that before realizing I've been using a single core CPU this whole time instead of a Dual Core.
Unread 05-04-2016, 11:47 PM   #294
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Portrait of Rene CGHQ

A Portrait of "Rene Sarris", a new character for this project. This was made back in October but was only just recently finished. (my back log on unfinished CGs is pretty badly backed up right now, partly due to working on different parts of the project, life, art training, and previous commissions).

Here's a little bit about this young lady.

Name: Rene "Trinity" Sarris
Race: Ani-human - Phantomcat
Job Class: Edge Caster
Description:
An skilled edge caster from Lumina Guild. Rene is a good friend of Sarina's whom she met and saved 10 years ago when Sarina (age 10 at this time) was lost in Waking Forest one fateful night after sneaking out to play with the Phantasms. Ever since that night She's been a welcome part of the guild. Serving as one of Silvia's apprentices and Sarina's Guardian for awhile. Rene is a fairly up beat and lively lady. With a love for parties. And occasional drinking. Much like her rival "Anette Amethyst", Rene uses a saber though unlike "Anette" she's more adapt towards defensive magic and destructive barriers that can destroy her targets on contact.

Personality (Tropes): At her best she protective, thoughtful, fun loving, and friendly. At her worst she's unorganized, unfocused, bossy, provocative (especially towards Anette) and sensually towards cute guys, and at times easily distracted. Usually she's cheerful and very caring.
Unread 05-06-2016, 09:01 AM   #295
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

mIrAcLeS

Good news, I fixed the lighting issue in my CGs.

Yes at long last, you will no longer see the poor lighting issue my stuff currently has. I spent the last several hours into the wee morning studying Light and Shadows as much as I could. And will be doing this a lot over the course of this weekend.

No, won't be fixing older CGs. This knowledge and correction will only be applied to pending (W.I.Ps) and new CGs from this point forward. I am already not as far along with the project as I had planned due to being the only one working on it at the moment. So I really can't afford more side tracks then I already have.

Special thanks to Sycra: https://www.youtube.com/user/Sycra And his tutorial on lighting and was the most helpful one I saw so far. While there are some other minor problems plaguing my work, lighting is the one that I had extreme difficulty fixing until I started looking up tutorials again. I Hope you finish this series some day, you had a pretty good take on the matter. I was able to finally get a proper understanding of lighting, mainly dynamic lighting.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...3rLZWqScFTRhtv

I'll be reading up more tutorials as well over the course of the next several days to help mend this issue ASAP. Fixing the "Lack of proper atmosphere" (another problem I struggle a bit with) and "stiffness" will all be indirectly improved by this and me simply planing scenes out better.
Unread 05-10-2016, 06:23 PM   #296
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Portrait of Valerie 2016 CGHQ

This took a while to finish but it's finally done. so here's a bit about this CG.

This CG started as a digital sketch, Colored and rendered by hand using my custom brush tools, The fur, Feather, Stone, and Steel Textures were drawn by hand and touched up with the smudge tool. Hair Textures and rendering was also done by hand. Valerie's "Pole Sword" was drawn using the Pen tool for the pole and blade, and the Brush Tool for the design of the guard. Background Statue was drawn by hand, duplicated using Cut and Paste, and each rendered and textured by hand with custom brush tool. Same goes for the windows. White Stone Brick wall pattern was drawn and rendered by hand and apply to the background using cut and fill tools. Then textured by hand with a custom brush. The Tree in the background was drawn, rendered, and textured by hand with the brush tools. The Sky background was made using a gradient.
As for the Lighting. The golden white Godrays were drawn using the Pen Tool across two Layers. Each Glossian Blurred by 60.00px. Then touched up with white using the brush tool.

Total Layers: 186 with no Masks used

Now about the character. This is intended to to be a remake of this: http://kyanbu.deviantart.com/art/Rad...CGHQ-507122327

This is also likely to be Valerie's finalized outfit design. (a full body pic will come later). I didn't go for a stained glass design this time so that I could achieve the lighting effect I wanted. And Dynamic Lighting for a Stain glass would be a nightmare to draw. Maybe next time.

Valerie's bio can be read here: http://kyanbu.deviantart.com/art/Suc...CGHQ-583512645

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 05-10-2016 at 06:57 PM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2016, 11:21 PM   #297
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

That is really cool looking.

Wait, I'm taking it all in, and the recessed spots on the wall with the statues don't make sense with the windows. The windows should look thicker or something, right now it looks like the wall is paper thin with the statues (very convincingly) painted on.

I only noticed because the picture was worth lingering on, so that's good.
Unread 05-11-2016, 12:12 AM   #298
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Yeah I'll have to go back and fix that.
Unread 06-03-2016, 05:02 AM   #299
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

MLG Kazumi Tsukuyomi 2016 CGHQ

Kazumi charging up her Mana Gun "Silver Fang" for a powerful shot. more practice with Dynamic lighting and giving Kazumi a more proper portrait. I did say she uses both Mana Swords and Mana guns after all. So here's her Gun.

A bit of info about this CG:
This CG started out as a all Digital Speed paint attempt. Testing out a different way of digital painting and hand rendering to try a speed things up even more. After not quite meeting my personal time stamp. I decided to make this a full CG. All done in GIMP 2.6 as usual. And damn did it take a bit to finish, was meant to be done two days ago alongside a commission I'm finishing up. But a few things ended up stalling this one out. Namely the Fur texturing and particle effects. Because I'm now doing Dynamic lighting more properly, I wanted to make sure the Light bounced off her fur right. Which lead to me hand drawing not one but two layers of fur texturing. The Background is all drawn by hand save for the full moon which was drawn using the eclipse tool, then touch up with the brush tool for the glow effect.

The Stars and particles are created using the same method I use to create Stone texture brush, then applied using the brush tool. Though with the particle effects I scaled the brush up and down a bit. And the stars were drawn on two layers, one from the small distant stars. and one for the nearby stars. The Second stars layer was duplicated twice, with the original Second stars layer and first duplicate layer gaussian blurred to create a nice glow effect. The character was hand drawn, colored, and rendered using the brush tool. And touched up with the smudge, Path (mainly the gun lighting), and erase tools. And the bright ring of energy around the barrel of her Mana Gun was created using the Eclipse tool, Rotated, Duplicated across two more layers. And then gaussian blurred to created the glow effect.

The rays of light, Energy background, and bolts running across the bottom were hand drawn using the brush tool.

Total Layers: 150 with no masks used

More stuff on the way.

Kazumi's bio can be found here: http://kyanbu.deviantart.com/art/Moo...CGHQ-585749324
Unread 08-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #300
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

I'm probably won't post too much on here until the new forum is up. So that I can post the relevant info there.

In the meantime here is the current progress on Boss Portraits. I'm cutting the number of bosses in the game down to about 12. So four of the Witches of the Four Seasons whom were planned to be Optional Bosses will be replacing four of the monsters I had originally planned for four of the stages. Cutting down the number from 16 to 12 boss. And because their designs were not all that impressive.

So here is the W.I.P of 5 of the 12 boss portraits (though number 12 won't be shown to public). 4 of the 5 Witches of the Four seasons. And Siren Gale, whom I'll post more info on once I'm finished. These are 5 of the 8 bosses fought within the castle. And of course while these are just W.I.Ps, feedback is always welcome and appreciated.

Abbigail Farley a.k.a Autumn

Rin Miyuki a.k.a Winter

Fleurette Eliane a.k.a Kyanbu

Elena Leocadia a.k.a Summer

Siren Gale