The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 06-01-2005, 09:31 AM   #1
Bob The Mercenary
Bob Dole

Bob The Mercenary is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. Bob The Mercenary is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. Bob The Mercenary is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. Bob The Mercenary is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. Bob The Mercenary is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. Bob The Mercenary is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. Bob The Mercenary is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. Bob The Mercenary is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world.
Send a message via AIM to Bob The Mercenary Send a message via MSN to Bob The Mercenary Send a message via Skype™ to Bob The Mercenary
Default 9-year-old charged with manslaughter

It's stories like this that break your heart. It's almost something out of a Stephen King novel. I feel sorry for both families. Do you think she actually meant to kill the girl? It said they were just about as close as sisters. But, it also said that she got rather violent when she didn't get her way.

Quote:
"As long as things go in her favor, she was a sweet, beautiful young girl,"
Sounds like a tagline for a movie.
Unread 06-01-2005, 11:22 AM   #2
P-Sleazy
Can Summon Sparkles by Posing!

P-Sleazy is so pumped up.
Send a message via AIM to P-Sleazy

i especially like this line

"The police said the 9-year-old stabbed Queenie in the chest with a steak knife"

I think the girl needs to learn to control her temper when things dont go her way, how would she go through high school when just about nothing goes your way?

Totally returning for the Summer: a mafia Game: Sign ups HERE!
P-Sleazy is offline Add to P-Sleazy's Reputation  
Unread 06-06-2005, 11:21 AM   #3
pictish
I Wish To Become The Gentleman

pictish has a spectacular disco-style aura about.
Send a message via AIM to pictish Send a message via MSN to pictish

It's so tragic... to think such a young girl's life is actually gone.. she's deprived of life.. it's horrible.

Though, I still don't think juvy is the best option all the time. Surely... surely it'd be better to get the little girl psychological help and treat her, make her better than she is. To send her to juvy... crime breeds crime. She may end up coming out far more messed up than when she went in... and she's a little kid. While what she did is horrific, spoiling her life is surely worse than repairing it?

I don't know I'm probably being overly sentimental, and wrong in a logical sense or something.. but there you have it.
Is no one inspired by our present picture of the universe? This value of science remains unsung by singers, you are reduced to hearing not a song or poem, but an evening lecture about it. This is not yet a scientific age.
pictish is offline Add to pictish's Reputation  
Unread 06-06-2005, 11:39 AM   #4
SNAFU
This is my happy face.

SNAFU is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Juvy isn't necessarily spoiling her life. Obviously, things aren’t peachy right now. Just for a counter-point, all records of juvenile offenses get the "magic wand" when you turn 18 and are in almost all cases sealed forever away from employers, prosecutors etc. While I agree psychological help would most likely be the best thing for her, Juvy isn't Oz. Perhaps that form of rehabilitation would work too. It works for plenty of kids and adults, but nobody hears about it. I've worked with some upright people who had a troubled childhood. The only reason I know that they were in Juvy is because they told me. Crime breeds crime. Familiarity breeds neglect. Loose lips sink ships. The system can work and it does help a lot of people.
Just a counter-point.
Unread 06-06-2005, 12:38 PM   #5
Silly Kitty
Ehhhhhh?

Silly Kitty is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Silly Kitty Send a message via MSN to Silly Kitty Send a message via Yahoo to Silly Kitty

"I had a fight with my cousin. I just stabbed her"

How sad. Little girls can really be that angry? Did she feel any remorse for what she had did? What makes children have temper problems at such a young age? I never knew that a child of less then 10 was capable of killing intentionaly.
You never know when manlove will strike.
My Livejournal
Silly Kitty is offline Add to Silly Kitty's Reputation  
Unread 06-06-2005, 01:00 PM   #6
Dragonsbane
Villainous Archmage

Dragonsbane is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Dragonsbane Send a message via MSN to Dragonsbane Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonsbane

She needs serious help, and her parents need to stop making excuses for her. "Nice little girl when things go her way..."

Yes, I'm sure she was, but that doesn't change the fact that she did something utterly abominable.
Dragonsbane is offline Add to Dragonsbane's Reputation  
Unread 06-06-2005, 03:25 PM   #7
Lockeownzj00
Homunculus

Lockeownzj00 will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.

Why does no one seem to realise that even if she did intend on hurting the girl and killing her was an "obvious solution," at her age, she could not grasp the magnitude of the death fully, as all child deaths are. "She pissed me off, I'll go a little further, and kill her, that will teach her--" very simple child psychology.
One of the greatest challenges facing civilization in the twenty-first century is for human beings to learn to speak about their deepest personal concerns—about ethics, spiritual experience, and the inevitability of human suffering—in ways that are not flagrantly irrational. We desperately need a public discourse that encourages critical thinking and intellectual honesty. Nothing stands in the way of this project more than the respect we accord religious faith.
Lockeownzj00 is offline Add to Lockeownzj00's Reputation  
Unread 06-06-2005, 03:34 PM   #8
Red Fighter 1073
Rocky Wrench

Red Fighter 1073 is a name known to all, except that guy. Red Fighter 1073 is a name known to all, except that guy.

i know this isnt much but in my opinion, child physcology shows that a childs reaction to not being able to do something is to cry. i think the only reason in why this theory seems flawed, in my opinion, is that the child wont have to anyone who will react in their favor if they were crying i.e. a parent or elder.

but seriously locke, do you REALLY think that in that situation, a child's main thought is to kill the friend?? that just doesnt seem reasonable. it isnt a normal child reaction.

also, if there were to be any physical violence, most children would kick and scream and probably hit someone but never stab to death or something like that.

and yes locke, children at that age really dont seem to grasp the thought of death that seriously at all. i would imagine a kid having heard someone die and maybe forgetting about it the "next day". though, this situation would definetely would not work with someone dieing that was VERY close to the child i.e. brother,father,mother..

Last edited by red_fighter_idiot_guy1073; 06-06-2005 at 03:36 PM.
Red Fighter 1073 is offline Add to Red Fighter 1073's Reputation  
Unread 06-06-2005, 07:55 PM   #9
Silly Kitty
Ehhhhhh?

Silly Kitty is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Silly Kitty Send a message via MSN to Silly Kitty Send a message via Yahoo to Silly Kitty

There is no way that is true. When I was 9 years old I never though, "I hate her. She stole my ball. If I kill her I can get my ball back." I knew, even then, that killing was wrong. I blame this on the parenting. Her mom knew her daughter had anger issues. My parents never let me get away with ever having a fit. If I didn't get what I want I pouted quietly or called them stupid childish names. The girls mother should have seen that there fights were just getting worse and were gonna keep getting worse. Sometimes when you see to much of a person you get in more fights. This happens with best friends and the only solution is to spend more time apart.
You never know when manlove will strike.
My Livejournal
Silly Kitty is offline Add to Silly Kitty's Reputation  
Unread 06-06-2005, 08:30 PM   #10
Fuzzydoom
lvl 6 shmuck

Fuzzydoom is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Damn... I mean damn. Well, all I can say is that if what Locke says is really how her mind works, there is the potential for a serious serial killer. If her thinking process is in fact "she took my ball so I'm gonna stab her and get my ball back," then without immediate specialized attention she has the potential to become a very dangerous person later in life, especially coupled with a decent amount of intelligence. I doubt Juvy will help her, she needs to change her basic thougfht processes and I'm not sure that's possible.

I leveled up!
Fuzzydoom is offline Add to Fuzzydoom's Reputation