The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 05-11-2004, 12:28 AM   #31
Aeria
Light Warrior

Aeria has a spectacular disco-style aura about.

Felce was mad at himself. How could he do something so stupid? He just wanted to leave on his ship, and clear his head, but it was getting dark, and the clouds were still gathering. Leaving now would be suicide. Either the rocks he couldn't see would dash his ship to pieces, or the waves driven mad by the storm would. So, he just went back to his ship, to wait out the night.
The sun had fallen, and the moon and stars were blocked, and so it was darker than it normally would be. Tonight was a night of forboding, and Felce wanted nothing to do with it. He had already had his share of world-destroying evils, and evil darkness. So, when he heard a woman scream, he just ignored it. He fell asleep in his own private cabin, to have a night of troubled dreams.
Unread 05-11-2004, 09:53 AM   #32
videogamerz2000
The Thunder Dragoon

videogamerz2000 is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via MSN to videogamerz2000

Although the tavern was mostly empty, Scott still had his guard up. He went over to a stool and stis down semi-casually. "Weren't you just here?" asked the bartender. The elf scanned the room. Tables were flipped over and cards were strew about the floor. "I forgot.... my drink." Scott turned back to the bartender. The tender slid him a scotch and the whole bottle, but the el only took small sips. "What happened here?" the ef asked the tender. "Hell." replied the tender. Scot turned back around in anger. How could he have just barely missed hell breaking loose in just over a few hours? "Damn..." the elf muttered. Scott now dropped his guard and decided to go check in to the inn. He looked down the ports. Shadow covered and inviting, Scott turned down the offer. Another scream echoed from the ports. "Sorry, i've already helped enough today.." Scott excused. He went to the inn and turned in for the night.
videogamerz2000 is offline Add to videogamerz2000's Reputation  
Unread 05-11-2004, 08:59 PM   #33
BMHadoken

Grim brushed past the elf as he strode into the bar. He was greeted by what appeared to be harsh and 'menacing' stares, but proceded directly toward the bartender.

"I'm looking for a pirate," He began, scoring a look of 'A pirate in pirate town, who woulda thunk' from all within earshot. "A pirate named Felce, he would be new to these parts. Maybe brash, possibly toting around a treasure map that belongs to my very powerful commander..." Grim said. He thought he saw a current of thought go around the room, and the overturned table did indicate a recent fight...

(OOC: Should the big baddie be known across the land or secretive?)
Add to BMHadoken's Reputation  
Unread 05-12-2004, 10:24 AM   #34
videogamerz2000
The Thunder Dragoon

Sweat dripped from his forehead. Who, or what, was that voice? Scott remembered that today in the forest wasn't his first encounter with it. Why had it been talking to him? What did it want? His breathing got heavier and heavier. He shook his head to clear away all thoughts. But this time, he looked up puzzled. That man that pushed him aside earlier tonight. he said something about a map and a pirate or something among those lines. when he walked by him, he felt a weird tingle go down his spine. "Nothing ever tingles my mind.." the elf thought. He went over to his stash and pulled out a map of the land. "Maybe it's time I left this god-forsaken land..." he thought to himself. He turned over to his candle and snuffed it out. He'd worry about it tommorow.
Unread 05-12-2004, 07:56 PM   #35
Aeria
Light Warrior

Amazingly for Felce, the night passed without too much incident. When he awoke, the town was still there, darkness had retreated, and there were no dead bodies floating in the water. Considering the previous night, the day was looking good. Even though it was still raining and cloudy, the main part of the storm had passed during the night, and Felce knew that he could leave whenever he wanted. However, he heard from his sailors that the pirate from the bar had held his own pretty well. Finding companions like that were rare, and so Felce didn't want to leave until he at least met the man again.
Still not totally comfortable with the town however, this time he brought his two swords with him, buckled onto his belt. Also this time, he left orders for his sailors to stay with the ship, and keep it ready to set off. He didn't know quite how this Rue would act when he saw Felce, so Felce wanted to stay ready to make a quick getaway. Everything ready, he got off the ship, and went back into town.
Unread 05-12-2004, 08:09 PM   #36
videogamerz2000
The Thunder Dragoon

The morning seemed calm and welcoming to Scott. The elf packed his things, and moved back into the central square of the town. People slowly started to bustle about and the fresh smell of breakfast waffted through the town. Scott hadn't smelt breakfast in a long time. He proceeded to a small cafe off the squares corner and enjoyed the lust of a cup of coffee. The market of the the town slowly opened and farmers started to open up there stands. After tiping the waitress and leaving. He slapped his bag to his back and started to wander aimlessly aroudn town, checking the stands and visiting with the common folk. After an hour or so, Scott was about to hit the road, that was, until he saw another man, one he momentarily saw at the bar yesterday. The man was rumored to be the captain of a ship down at the ports. "Maybe this is my ticket out of these wastelands.." Scott thought to himself. He chased after the man...
Unread 05-12-2004, 09:42 PM   #37
IHateMakingNames

IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings.

OOC:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light's Warrior
As they pulled into the Pirate town, of which he didn't even know the name, he saw with disgust what it really meant to live in a lawless slum. There were drunks littered everywhere, and everyone was covered in dirt and grime. Felce stood out among everyone else, with his pure white cape, and clean blue tunic. While he was here weathering the storm, he figured, he might as well get some companions. Even his older brother always had someone with him, to watch his back, and the sailors on the boat weren't very skilled in pretty much anything but sailing and rude jokes.
I'm going to assume that Scott is in a different town...

IC:

Guy had rented a room in the inn of this Pirate town, and after a night of sleeping, he woke up. After getting ready, Guy left his room in the inn and wandered around the town, to see the town for all it's worth.
Unread 05-12-2004, 10:02 PM   #38
videogamerz2000
The Thunder Dragoon

OOC: no, actually, i've read up this time and i'm really chasing after Felce to talk to him or something.
Unread 05-12-2004, 11:27 PM   #39
Xennith
Stomp To My Beat

Xennith is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via MSN to Xennith

"I'm just on my way through..." Xennith had thought, the day before when he passed a bar where men were fighting, and a man ran out the door past him. But then this morning he saw the same man walk past him from the docks. what's more, something felt eerie about this man, something just didn't sit right.
Then there was that old man... no it was just a man, stop thinking crazy thoughts, Xennith.
But I should talk to that man from the ship. Maybe I can book passage...
~Epcert from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Xennith is offline Add to Xennith's Reputation  
Unread 05-13-2004, 07:42 PM   #40
Aeria
Light Warrior

As Felce was searching for Rue, he started to notice that he was getting weird looks from the 'townsfolk'. Most likely they were all thieves, murderers and pirates. When he turned a corner, he stumbled into a large, bare chested man that had tattoos covering every inch of bare skin that Felce could see.

"Sorry" Felce mumbled, and tried to walk past the man.
"What d'you think you're doin'!" Exclaimed the man, and grabbed Felce, lifting him into the air.
"Looks like we've got ourself a rich one," Said a small, devious looking man near the brute. "And pretty dumb too, nobody with clothes that clean walks around on our turf."

The brutish man laughed, as a group of thieves gathered around the seemingly helpless Felce. With no other choice, Felce shook his head in disgust. Not caring who saw, he sent a strong blast of wind to blow the man down. As the man stumbled, Felce was free and gathered his balance, but he was still surrounded. He quickly drew his swords, and assumed a defensive stance.

Felce didn't have time to look around, but if he had he would have noticed that this section of the town was very open. From any high place at all, you could clearly see a gathering of people, and with any telescope-like tool, you would clearly be able to see the faces of each and every person there. What he did now was instantly known by any who were watching.

Felce held his own for a little while in the fight, but soon, the sky seemed to grow dark, and there was a short pause in the fighting. One of the nearby buildings burst into blazing fire. The pause was only brief however, and the thieves still kept their onslaught against Felce. He was good, he dodged, parried, attacked, recovered, and all with seeming mastery of his blades. They were a part of him, but he didn't know how long he could last against so many, especially considering he had injured only two.