The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 05-13-2004, 08:21 PM   #41
BMHadoken

As Felce slashed and spun, his attackers began to thin. New men came, ignoring head stabs, dismemberment and the like while killing off the rogues who would do harm to Felce.

After the last true man fell, Felce found himself surrounded by an odd smelling group with cocked heads and vacant stares.

"You know, I've always foung the dead make good soldiers. They can't disobey orders, they never surrender, and they don't stop fighting when a random body part falls off. Just ignore their stench and you've got a great little taskforce." Grim said, wading through the newly risen men towards Felce. He stood in front of the boy, looking him over. "If you are Felce, I believe you have a map that is of great interest to my employer. If you give me that map, I can guaruntee your survival. If you can't..." Grim said, trailing off. As if on cue, a nearby buidling exploded into flames, and Grim caught sight of Janus. "Well, lets just say I am getting that map..."
Add to BMHadoken's Reputation  
Unread 05-13-2004, 08:25 PM   #42
IHateMakingNames

IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings.

OOC: I'm assuming that Grim some how secretly killed the bandits, and not Felce (Seeing as he only injured two, and doesn't seem like a killer...).

IC:

After the first building was set on fire, Guy had hidden himself behind a building as everyone watched the fight.

Quickly flipping through the pages off his father's book, Guy found the page that he wanted. After a short chanting, the dark clouds covering the Pirate town began to dispense liquid droplets, extinguishing the flames.
Unread 05-13-2004, 08:29 PM   #43
BMHadoken

OOC: Grim made the dead people rise and kill the bandits. Its a Pirate Town, you can't tell me that there's no dead people lying around...
Add to BMHadoken's Reputation  
Unread 05-13-2004, 08:56 PM   #44
Aeria
Light Warrior

Aeria has a spectacular disco-style aura about.

So much happened so fast. Concerned only with fighting, Felce failed to notice the increase of rain, the second explosion, or the Necromancer until he spoke. His attackers had shifted from angry thieves into mindless zombies. Felce had seen worse, but never faced so many by himself. However, there seemed to be no escape.
Why did I leave all those sailors behind? thought Felce. At least the zombies were slower than normal humans. Felce wouldn't be bested by skill, but he would tire out eventually, and they would not.

Felce tried to set a pace that he could keep up, but he wouldn't last forever. The fight danced around the area, as limbs piled up, but always there seemed to be more. Even the thieves who had assailed him before were standing again. It gave Felce little satisfaction to decapitate the old brute, now that he was already dead. For some reason, the Necromancer seemed content to just wait, not using any of its magic. WHY? thought Felce. He couldn't understand it, normally mages preferred to just blast their enemies away, with nothing but smoldering ashes left to tell the tale. However, Felce had no time to think of such things, all of his thoughts were on surviving.
Unread 05-13-2004, 08:59 PM   #45
Krylo
The Straightest Shota

Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat].

(OOC: Wanna bet? Watch this... "There's no dead people lying around." ...God I rock. ...At bad puns.)

Rue had been sitting at the side of the road playing a 'card game' with passerbys, in which he would lay down three cards, show one of the cards, slide them about, and pay the contestant twice what they paid him if they picked the right card. Of course, they never did, because the 'right' card only stayed on the table for a second each time.

That little game, however, was interrupted quite rudely when a building a few hundred feet away exploded in flames, which, of course, frightened off the few people foolish enough to play such a game in Pirate Town, and left him customerless. Not to mention a tad bit disshelved, what with the explosion, and the fire, and the panicking idiots.

One of which, he grabbed and pulled over to his little stand. "Hey now, what's going on down there? I haven't seen such a panic since the navy paid a visit... No, I take that back... people weren't THIS panicked then."

The peasant he had grabbed fell backwards out of Rue's hand and pointed toward the burning village. He managed to stammer out one word before standing and fleeing toward the docks again: "M...m... mage!"

And Rue decided it would be a good idea to follow the fellow. Or, at least, he had decided it would be a good idea until he saw the fellow being killed by a slow moving pile of rotting flesh. "Well... that's odd. A moving corpse... I do believe this is the first time I've ever seen one of those," he pondered outloud. Of course, zombies aren't known for their patience, and so his inner dialogue, turned outer, was cut rather short as one of them swung a blade it had wrapped it's rotted flesh about. Luckily for Rue, they also aren't known for being exceptionally fast... at least not the half rotted ones, and so he had a rather easy time of ducking out and turning in the opposite direction.

Three steps. That's how far Rue made it before a realization echoed around his head 'Island. Dock through zombies,' followed by a slightly less profound thought, 'Fuck.'

Fortunately, half rotted corpses weren't known for their durability, either, and so Rue had a relatively easy time of climbing onto a still complete roof top and hopping along, as that the zombies tended to lose limbs if they tried to support their own weight climbing... at least most of the time.

But, he ran into another problem as he got onto the roof tops and noticed the gathering of corpses being led by what looked like another corpse surrounding Felce. Rue was only able to recognize him due to the clean clothes.

Now, normally, Rue wouldn't have bothered to think a second time about Felce being attacked, but in this particular incident, Felce, owning a boat, was his best chance at escape, and so he started to move in that direction, still staying above the zombies as much as possible.
Unread 05-13-2004, 09:08 PM   #46
Xennith
Stomp To My Beat

Xennith is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via MSN to Xennith

"There he is" thought xennith, as he rounded the corner out of the alley, "wait a sec..." It was then that he realized what the things surrounding the man were...
"God damned undead..." he couldn't help but mutter. "These ones are relatively fresh too..."
He quickly drew the sword at his side, and as he pulled it out, the etched blue markings down the center of the blade began glowing brightly, casting an eerie blue light, even in the middle of the day.
Then he charged over to the man, standing surrounded by the zombie-like abberations,
"Need a hand?" he asks, "Because it seems as though you're a little outnumbered."
~Epcert from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Xennith is offline Add to Xennith's Reputation  
Unread 05-13-2004, 09:29 PM   #47
videogamerz2000
The Thunder Dragoon

videogamerz2000 is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via MSN to videogamerz2000

After losing track of Felce, Scott ran through the alleyways, looking for him. He turned corner after cornor, only to find dead ends. "Where the hell did he go?" the elf asked himself. Around another corner. And another. Dead end. Back around. "This has been one of more my more crazier days.." the elf told himself. He finally rounded a bright corner only to find one thing. Zombies.

"Aw man, I fought you guys last week!" Scott yelled. He drew his sword, which instantly flared up in flames. The zombies pressed forward, slowly dragging their way in Scott's direction. "Hutah!" Scott yelled, as he sliced one in half. He looked at another. It slowly raised it's hand, only to find that it had no hand no more. The battle slowly raged. The zombies armed themselves with knives and short swords but they were no match for the elfs fiery broadsword. The zombies fell, one by one, and their carcasses slowly burned away. Scott slowly sheathed his sword, and he turned around. Whatever wasn't burning, was kicked aside to the walls of the alley. "Must be getting close." the elf thought.

After rounding a few more corners and slaying more zombies, he found a group of men, living, gathered around a quite-bruised man, fighting for his life against more undead. "The hell?" Scott thought. His insticts immediately kicked in. He charged in to help the young man and to unravel the mystery, pursuing the elf.
videogamerz2000 is offline Add to videogamerz2000's Reputation  
Unread 05-13-2004, 09:38 PM   #48
Forever Zero
Saint of Stats

Forever Zero is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Janus had agreed to run background support for Grim, since Grim had found where Felce was first, and while Janus was a killing madman, he had a bizzare system of honor and let Grim get the honor of getting the map. Not that he would keep it necessarily...

Regardless, his current plan of action was also his favorite... Destroy everything in sight, and don't stop killing until there is nothing left alive. He had returned to his feeble old man form and stumbled into the largest tavern he had seen. He had a faltering step, and slowly stumbled up to the counter. He then said in a low prophetic voice, "Death will see this place today!" With that, he turned and left again. The pirates where left to hurl jibes at the obviously crazy old man, but to have an uneasy feeling settle in their stomachs wondering if it was true. It was.

About thirty steps outside, Janus turned and pointed his gnarled wood staff (Also polymorphed again) at the tavern. A tiny ball of fire formed at the tip and floated there, and with a swing, Janus sent it into the tavern. After a second, there was a thunderous roar as the tiny ball entered the building and exploded into a massive fireball, sending flame pouring out of the building and instantly incinerating everyone inside. Within seconds the gutted building collapsed into a pile of flaming debris, leaving a crumpled mass of burning wood and supports where once there was a building.

"Looks like they are right, the work of dozens over weeks CAN be destroyed by the thoughtless act of one in a second!" Janus cackled madly. Then he changed his target, pointing into a nearby line of houses. He pointed his staff again, and this time a massive stream of fire poured into the buildings in a line, setting their front sides aflame. Janus laughed as he made the homes burn, and took delight in the screams of those damned inside while he watched. Everyone that had been close by when he started his rampage was long gone, for there were no heros in Pirate Town...

When the powerful magical flames quickly brought the homes to rubble, Janus left to make more things burn. Lightning was quick and brutal, and Ice was long and relentless, but nothing could compare to the relentless destruction of fire in his eyes. He focues and hurled himself up in the air to get a better view, and from there, he sent a wave of fireballs out. Each one made an explosion on impact, quickly catching the houses they struck on fire, or burning those wandering the streets and oblivious to the devestation their fleeing compatriots didn't warn them about. Janus suspended himself there, hurling his exploding fireballs in every direction, delighting in simply watching things burn. "Burn burn burn! Shrivel and scream and die! Let the flames of chaos envelop you, and let it's firey passion be the last thing you see! Oh, that sounds quite poetic, maybe I should write this down one day..." Janus mused. Then he chuckled like a naughty child, and looked around, trying to spot Grim and Felce. The city was burning quite nicely now, but there was little more for him to do right this second other then help get the treasure map and leave. While a litttle pleasure was important, that artifact was buisness and a whole nother matter and he needed to find it...
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
- The Destruction of Sennacherib
Forever Zero is offline Add to Forever Zero's Reputation  
Unread 05-13-2004, 09:43 PM   #49
Xennith
Stomp To My Beat

Xennith is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via MSN to Xennith

As he was hacking away at numbers of the undead fiends, Xennith noticed that smoke was starting to rise into the sky on the other side of the buildings, and that there was red light awash over the entire area. "Who else is here?!" he screams in disgust, "First we've got the necrophile, and now some crazy pyromaniac! How can this day get any F***ing worse?!" He then continued hacking away at the zombies trying to clear a path out, to where the fires were.
~Epcert from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Xennith is offline Add to Xennith's Reputation  
Unread 05-13-2004, 09:48 PM   #50
IHateMakingNames

IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings. IHateMakingNames is the wind beneath your wings.

"Stupid magic fire..." Guy mumbled to himself. The natural rain storm he had summoned seemed to have no effect on the fire that the insane old mage was causing.

Quickly flipping to a page which described how to make a stream of water shot from one's palm, Guy made a run for the docks.