The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Media Consumption
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 01-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #11
Sky Warrior Bob
bOB iZ brOkeN

Sky Warrior Bob is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Sky Warrior Bob is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Sky Warrior Bob is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings.

Actually, the new Aqualad is a creation of DC, and was intro'd in Brightest Day. (I guess... I mean, I don't actually really read comics.)

I believe Garth will make an appearance in the show (his existence was mentioned at last year's SDCC), but much like Speedy, won't be part of the team. (The Arrow carrier role will instead be going to Artemis, Green Arrow's niece.)

From this released clip, it looks like Speedy/Red Arrow, will be around, but a bit of a loner.

Sure, this show isn't slavish to the comics, but that's reason for the whole Earth-16 excuse. It isn't the same universe as the comics, so the writers are free to do whatever they please. That by no means makes it a bad show, just not a continuation of Justice League: Unlimited (if that was what you were hoping for).

SWB

(If you're interested in more character bios, you might go here.)

You are in error. No one is screaming. Thank you for your cooperation.
Yes I know the breakdancing BM link doesn't work, and I don't care.
Sky Warrior Bob is offline Add to Sky Warrior Bob's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #12
Nique
Niqo Niqo Nii~

Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Quote:
...Green Arrow's niece...
FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU.jpg

Actually I did learn that the new Aqualad was intro'd (yes I'm stealing that actually) in Brightest Day. What is totally hilarious is that his father is Aquaman's nemesis, Black Manta. And just in case you thought the name was a coincidence

Hey also will someone please explain to me how Superman and Martian Manhunter both have nieces or little sisters or whatever? Like seriously what are the odds that two men from dead worlds would BOTH stumble upon a distant relative?

EDIT: Ok so no I'm not against them taking their own spin around the DCU per se... Bruce Timm's/ Paul Dini's productions weren't 100% accurate either. But even though I overall enjoyed it, the opener wasn't especially brilliant and just had me kind of bored right from the start (boo hoo hoo, the justice league won't let us into their moon base. i thought they trusted us! et al, more pouting, etc etc...). I can see these characters actually getting a little better in an episodic format though. However, bringing in the new Aqualad 'Jackson Hyde' is another fairly transparent attempt at making a show ethnically diverse. Which I guess I'm fine with if it's meaningful - Jon Stewart as a Green Latern actually worked for me although his original comic book story was basically the same thing where it was all about Hal Jordan learning how not to say things like 'you people'

But also I just think the Aqualad role is extremely 3rd tier in a way that none of the other characters even approach, and I kind of liked the idea of DC just accepting that they created a terrible character in the original Aqualad and sticking with it.

Last edited by Nique; 01-02-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Nique is offline Add to Nique's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #13
Premmy
Stop the hate

Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own.
Send a message via AIM to Premmy Send a message via Yahoo to Premmy

Ignoring all THAT,

I hope "The Cape" is powerful itself as opposed to it giving him un-cape related powers.

If the cape can turn into wings and be used as a shield and as a bag of holding and such, cool, if the cape gives him super-strength for some dumb-ass reason, bleh.

Last edited by Premmy; 01-02-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Premmy is offline Add to Premmy's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #14
The Sevenshot Kid
of Northwest Arizona

The Sevenshot Kid can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. The Sevenshot Kid can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. The Sevenshot Kid can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. The Sevenshot Kid can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. The Sevenshot Kid can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. The Sevenshot Kid can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. The Sevenshot Kid can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. The Sevenshot Kid can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premmy View Post
Ignoring all THAT,

I hope "The Cape" is powerful itself as opposed to it giving him un-cape related powers.

IF the cape can turn into wings and be used as a shield and a s a bag of holding and such, cool, if the cape gives him super-strength for some dumb-ass reason, bleh.
This might disappoint you but from what I've seen and heard, its just a cape. Just a cape that some random dude has "mastered."
The Sevenshot Kid is offline Add to The Sevenshot Kid's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #15
Premmy
Stop the hate

Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own.

well that sucks.
Unread 01-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #16
Magus
Archer and Armstrong vs. the World

Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something. Magus broke the dial off at twelve but is probably at infinity or something.
Send a message via AIM to Magus

Well at one point he used the cape as like a tentacle to grab a weapon out of a guy's hand. I thought it was magical though, like it would move and block bullets. This "mastering the art of the cape" is kind of stupid.

At least this show isn't like "superheroes...IN THE REAL WORLD!!!" like Heroes, though, it's very much "superhero in superhero world and there are like 1000 super villains" or what have you.
Unread 01-03-2011, 03:23 AM   #17
Nique
Niqo Niqo Nii~

Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus
"superheroes...IN THE REAL WORLD!!!"
In case anyone hasn't seen this, it is basically what I think of every time someone uses this sort of phrase to sell what is otherwise a normal superhero concept - 0:55 for the relevant part.

Last edited by Nique; 01-03-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Nique is offline Add to Nique's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 05:32 AM   #18
Ravashak
hm?

Ravashak has a spectacular disco-style aura about.
Send a message via MSN to Ravashak Send a message via Skype™ to Ravashak

I have very little TV exposure to any DC hero besides Batman and a little Superman, so this might seem ignorant xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nique View Post
Which I guess I'm fine with if it's meaningful - Jon Stewart as a Green Latern actually worked for me although his original comic book story was basically the same thing where it was all about Hal Jordan learning how not to say things like 'you people'
By day he is a superhero, by night, he's the host of the Daily Show.
Sydän poissa taas
Ravashak is offline Add to Ravashak's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 05:43 AM   #19
Fifthfiend
for all seasons

Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Fifthfiend has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.
Send a message via AIM to Fifthfiend

Quote:
This was probably the best idea for a new cartoon I've seen in the last year, but the worst executed. In addition to totally ruining Superboy's backstory and also (once again) turning Superman into a huge dickhead
Daps, buddy.

Daps.

EDIT: I'm not so much bothered about Aqualad cause like... fuck Aqualad.

Last edited by Fifthfiend; 01-03-2011 at 05:51 AM.
Fifthfiend is offline Add to Fifthfiend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #20
Premmy
Stop the hate

Quote:
In case anyone hasn't seen this, it is basically what I think of every time someone uses this sort of phrase to sell what is otherwise a normal superhero concept - 0:55 for the relevant part.
Whenever I hear someone say it I hear "I think superheroes are STOOOOOOPIIIID I secretly like them so I'm going to pretend my idea is something else"