The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 06-28-2006, 08:53 PM   #1
Krylo
The Straightest Shota

Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat].
Default Wild ARMs: THE RP! Finally!

The world of Filgaia is dying.

Long ago a race of demons, with living metal for flesh and mercury for blood descended upon the, then, lush world of Filgaia. The Humans and Elw lived peacefully on their planet, at harmony with Filgaia, but the demons brought war and destruction. They wished to wipe the humans and elw alike from the pages of Filgaia's history, and use the planet as their own.

A great war raged for centuries.

Technology for war was developed faster than it could be controlled, and, legend has it, the humans and elw, working together, forged a mighty blade meant to slay the demons, and restore peace. Slay them it did, but restore peace it did not. Such was the guardian blade, Argetlahm's, power that Filgaia itself was devastated.

A blaze of disaster roared across the planet, and left only wastelands and death in its wake. The oceans boiled and shrank, while forests and plains burned. The elw, who lived a life interconnected with the planet, suffered greatly, and have not been seen since the disaster. Even their bones washed away by the pained cries of the planet.

And now, though thousands of years have passed, Filgaia has still not recovered. Its surface is covered in vast deserts, and greenery and water are treasured rarirties. Beasts unlike that which any human could fathom roam the wastelands, seeking blood and flesh to sate their neverending thirst and hunger.

Few dare to roam these dangerous deserts. Those who do. Those who brave the wastelands in search of impossible hope or forgotten treasures are known as dream chasers, for they follow their impossible dreams across the dead world of Filgaia, where no others dare to go.

----
Setting:

As I said above, the world of Filgaia is a wasteland. What I didn't mention, however, is that it borrows heavily from 'wild west' settings. This is a world of gunslingers travelling a fantastic wasteland armed only with their six shooters. However, guns, or ARMs--as they are known, are not readily available, and as such swords, staves, etc. are still used, but the mode of dress and attitude of the people is of that you may expect to find in a spaghetti western. Whores wear corsets and fishnet with their hair done up in buns, and dream chasers wear beaten leather garments or ponchos and widebrimmed hats to protect their flesh from the burning rays of the sun.

However, magic still exists in this world. Sorcery and worship of beings known as the guardians--spirits of Filgaia--can still create effects which can only be called magic, as can the ability that some people have to focus their spirit into abilities far beyond that of normal humans.

The continents form a rough circle which is mostly connected, and surround the inner sea. However, the inner sea has dried away now, and is nothing but silt. It is now known as the dune sea, and horrible monsters ravage the deeps. The outer sea, however, is still water--but it too is home to many dangerous beasts, so that few dare to venture out onto it.

To the far north lies the frozen wasteland of Arctica, where the famous sword-style known as the fast-draw originates from, while somewhat to the west of the dune sea, lies the kingdom of Adelhyde. Kingdoms, though they exist, however, have little control beyond the borders of their own capital city. Individual cities may pay taxes to the kingdom, but at the same time they may be controlled by bandits, or under the control of particularily cruel demi-humans.

Make no mistake, the wasteland is truly dangerous, and only the strong or the clever--or, better yet, those who possess both traits--stand a chance of survival.
----
Character Creation:
I will leave two options for character creation.

Option 1:

You fill out a few easy facts, as listed below, and I create your character.

Name:
Description:
Concept: (Describe if you want a fast swordsman or a sturdy warrior, etc.)
Weapons: (what kind of weapons you'd like)
ARMs: (yes or no)
Background:
Extra info:

Option 2: You download the provided files, make your own, and, once finished, just post your character in this thread.

I've provided a sample character as well, to make things a bit easier for you all.

Also, I've only had the system proofread once by KP, and then again by myself. It's entirely possible that errors still exist. If you see anything that seems off while making your own character PM me or contact me on AIM.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rules.zip (29.3 KB, 152 views)
Unread 06-28-2006, 11:14 PM   #2
Inbred Chocobo
Bitches love the crown

Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings. Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings. Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings. Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings. Inbred Chocobo is the wind beneath your wings.
Send a message via AIM to Inbred Chocobo Send a message via Yahoo to Inbred Chocobo

Aight Krylo, make away.

Name: James Wesker
Description: A man who stands just under 6 feet, being 5'11". His build doesn't exactly through off strength or fortitude, but he isn't exactly weak either from the looks of it. The trenchcoatr he wears is perfect for hiding his sword and ARM. The wide brim hat that sits on his head helps keep the sun out of his eyes, which can really help in his shooting when he is out in the desert.
Concept: A drifter who's childhood was dedicated to studying arms. He knows the ins and outs of how they works, and is pretty good at using them too.
Weapons: A sword in case of running out of ammo, and then so pistol
ARMs: yes (Since pistols are arms.)
Background: James was an apprentice for an Arms maker in his childhood. From him, he learned how to use them, shoot really well, and fix em and upgrade them. It wasn't his parents that did train him though, shoot he wasn't exactly sure what happened to them. All he knows is that he had trained under this man all his childhood.

Of course, in his teenager years, he finally set out in the world, and learned real fast that people really didn't like ARMs. He grew up with it, so this study with the connection of the earth and whatnot was kind of strange to him. This was also his first years in fighting creatures, so he had a few bumps here and there, but nothing serious.

Now, he is just doing what a drifter does best, drift. He still doesn't think he is old enough to have an apprentice. He doesn't have enough cash to support a family so settling down is also out. So, the only thing he can think of to do is drift, and what happens, happens. And maybe he can get a little cash out of it.
Extra info: The only disadvantages I do not want are Rival and Wanted rank 5 (3 is a possibility.), and disfigured.

Last edited by Inbred Chocobo; 06-29-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Inbred Chocobo is offline Add to Inbred Chocobo's Reputation  
Unread 06-28-2006, 11:16 PM   #3
Krylo
The Straightest Shota

Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat]. Krylo is [censored for Unusual use of a goat].

Your description should be your concept, and you should have your physical description there instead.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I just need to know what kind of Com stat to shoot for, mostly.
Unread 06-28-2006, 11:46 PM   #4
Tarrin
Spirit Wlaker

Tarrin is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

I remember that game (video version) was a blast, let me do up a toon

Name: Dexter Kane
Description:
Concept: Mage/ playboy
Weapons: Mostly magic, 2x pearl handles silver six shooters.
ARMs: no
Background Dexter was never the strongest or toughest, Hell he knew he never would be, He could however sweet talk the ladies about half the time, He enjoyed the challange of turning a complete stranger into someone who would lie for him, Turning foe to friend was Dexters greatest challenge.
Kane never had a weapon in his life, No not one his parents never allowed it. Dexter being the boy he was however found an old man who taught him how to use crests, Making his ability to defend himself much easer, Crests were never easy to harness but for Dex there was no other weapon he could hide so easily.
Now days dexter carries two silver sixshooters, Neither have ever been shot but they make him look cool.

Extra info :
Originally Posted by Mesden
I'll just say that you'll rarely see me do anything to something's physical aspects, but I'll fuck up that binding life force all day long.
Member of the Official NPF Zombie Horde: Master of the sledge of the Horde,

Last edited by Tarrin; 06-29-2006 at 12:51 AM.
Tarrin is offline Add to Tarrin's Reputation  
Unread 06-29-2006, 12:34 AM   #5
Red Mage Black
Sent to the cornfield

Red Mage Black is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Red Mage Black is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Red Mage Black is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings.
Send a message via AIM to Red Mage Black Send a message via MSN to Red Mage Black Send a message via Skype™ to Red Mage Black

This should last a while. Count me in.

Name: Leon Derias
Description: Tall, thin, dark brown hair, and dark green eyes. Wears a white suit, leather belt, and home made sandles.
Concept: Melee fighter.
Weapons: Sword and fists.
ARMs: No
Background: Leon believed that ARMs were what was turning Filgaia into a useless wasteland. He trained in sword and fisticuffs under a strict master who also shared the same thoughts on ARMs. Leon isn't exactly sure why he ran away from his home anymore. He believes anyone that uses ARMs aren't yet fit to survive in Filgaia.

Extra Info: Leon doesn't have any deformities or lost limbs and he isn't stupid.

Last edited by Red Mage Black; 06-29-2006 at 12:38 AM.
Red Mage Black is offline Add to Red Mage Black's Reputation  
Unread 06-29-2006, 03:00 AM   #6
Krylo
The Straightest Shota

Got you three done.

IC--You are the gun wielding ARMs Meister. Congratulations. You can also use your engineering to do things like make bombs if you find some place to buy black powder.

Tarrin--You really kind of overextended with the ARMs and everything else. You have amnesia instead of Demonic Possession (which you should like better anyway, as it doesn't involve eventually losing your character), and you aren't attuned to your ARMs. The good news is all your techniques are really nice to make up for it... and you do make a fine lady killer.

RMB--I liked your concept and had fun designing your character. I think it shows. Unfortunately he WILL be hunted. Good thing he's a combat wombat.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Inbred.txt (3.6 KB, 157 views)
File Type: txt Tarrin.txt (4.3 KB, 148 views)
File Type: txt RMB.txt (3.5 KB, 141 views)
Unread 06-29-2006, 03:43 AM   #7
Truce
Lakitu

Truce is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light. Truce is a glorious beacon of painfully blinding light.
Send a message via AIM to Truce

Character Sheet Up. Let's see how much I'll have to change.

EDIT: Changed my character sheet again just to fix the line breaks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Truce Delaquesta.txt (5.1 KB, 130 views)

Last edited by Truce; 06-29-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Truce is offline Add to Truce's Reputation  
Unread 06-29-2006, 05:36 AM   #8
gurusloth
Master of muthafu˘%in' invisibility

gurusloth has a spectacular disco-style aura about.

Never RP'd on the forums before, but this one sorta caught my eye so I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring.

Name: Jasper Kendrickson
Description: Big guy, with dark, close cropped hair and a perpetual 5 o'clock shadow. Wears a worn duster over faded work clothes and boots. Carries a leather satchel over his shoulder, in which he keeps various items of importance.
Concept: Seasoned Opportunist
ARMs: None (at least, not to start with)

Background: Grew up poor in one of the larger cities in the area. Learned to use his size and muscle to keep others from preying on him and, later, to prey on others if the situation demanded it. Prefers not to run afoul of the law, because jail is a pain in the butt. Nonetheless, he has acquired a wide range of skills during his years, some less legal than others. Keeps his eyes and ears open, knows his way around the seedier sides of being a Drifter. Also has traveled the main routes between several cities, enough so to act as a guide.

Extra info: I'm thinking sort of a cross between Han Solo and a large bear. Not sure what weapons he'd wield, probably something like a couple big knives or maybe a brass-bound cudgel, something you could sort of hide under a coat. Brass knuckles maybe. No magic, no ARMs.

PM me if you want more info or clarification.
Unread 06-29-2006, 05:24 PM   #9
Tarrin
Spirit Wlaker

Tarrin is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

I like it Krylo, works fairly much how i was picturing it
The idea behind the arms was more to look like he could take care of himself, Easer to avoid a fight than get out of one that has already started.
Originally Posted by Mesden
I'll just say that you'll rarely see me do anything to something's physical aspects, but I'll fuck up that binding life force all day long.
Member of the Official NPF Zombie Horde: Master of the sledge of the Horde,

Last edited by Tarrin; 06-29-2006 at 11:05 PM.
Tarrin is offline Add to Tarrin's Reputation  
Unread 06-29-2006, 05:37 PM   #10
Red Mage Black
Sent to the cornfield

Red Mage Black is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Red Mage Black is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings. Red Mage Black is a splendid one to behold, except in the mornings.
Send a message via AIM to Red Mage Black Send a message via MSN to Red Mage Black Send a message via Skype™ to Red Mage Black

Glad you had fun designing it. I like it too.

As for Smash Impure Barriers, would that work against something along the lines as a monster made of stone? I know it's probably used for stuff such a knocking down pillars, punching through walls, and destroying obstacles. I just wanted to find out.

Also, according to the amount of FP I have, I won't be able to use some abilities for a while.
Red Mage Black is offline Add to Red Mage Black's Reputation