The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Playing Games
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 07-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
DarkDrgon
Always Trick

DarkDrgon is a name known to all, except that guy. DarkDrgon is a name known to all, except that guy.
Video Games Drgon is getting a PS3

Welp, as the title says Im thinking about picking up a PS3. I found a bundle at best buy thats a 250GB system with Uncharted 2 for $350. Is that a good deal? what other games are a must have?
Unread 07-06-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
bluestarultor
Blue Psychic, Programmer

bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two.

Sounds good to me.

I'll say that a couple must-haves are Folklore and Flower. Both are great games that make great use of the SixAxis.

Nier is also very good if you can stand a game that's nothing but depressing. It very much takes the stance that happy endings are for girls and the music alone puts me in a blue funk whenever my brother plays it.

White Knight Chronicles is also great and I don't get all the hate for it. Severely underrated.

I'll finish with Assassin's Creed II. If you liked the first one in any way, shape, or form, you'll love it. Or if you haven't played it, pick up the sequel anyway.
I'm gone from here for good. This place gave me many memories to take with me and shaped me greatly. I still care about you guys. I just can't stay.

Journal | Twitter | FF Wiki (Talk) | Projects | Site
bluestarultor is offline Add to bluestarultor's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
Seil
Super stressed!

Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana.

Folklore? ...I'd rent it first. I thought it was... different than what it was.

Anyways, I have terrible taste, (apparently) but I'd go with Dark Sector, Mirror's Edge, Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Killzone 2, God Of War 3, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Fat Princess and all the other ones I own because they're great.
Seil is offline Add to Seil's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
Nikose Tyris
Trash Goblin

Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday!
Send a message via AIM to Nikose Tyris Send a message via MSN to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Yahoo to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Skype™ to Nikose Tyris

inFamous is a must have in my books.

Arkham Asylum was the best Batman game I've ever played.

Spiderman: Web of Shadows is amazing if you just like the freeroam aspect of spiderman games.

Saints Row 2 > Grand Theft Auto 4. GTA4 has 'rules' 'structure' and focuses on storyline.

Saints Row 2 blows shit up as best they can, as much as they can.
Nikose Tyris is offline Add to Nikose Tyris's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
Viridis
oh, what fun we will have!

Viridis is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Viridis is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Viridis is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life. Viridis is a ray of sunshine lighting up your life.

I'd recommend the Ratchet and Clank serious but I'm a terrible, terrible fanboy.
Viridis is offline Add to Viridis's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #6
Nique
Niqo Niqo Nii~

Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Nique has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.

Fat Princess is LOADS of fun.
Unread 07-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #7
DarkDrgon
Always Trick

DarkDrgon is a name known to all, except that guy. DarkDrgon is a name known to all, except that guy.

Shoulda mentioned this, but Im switching over from a 360. UPS lost mine in the mail when I sent it in after it got the RROD, so I had GTA4, Assasins Creed 1&2, and mirrors edge.

I'm planning on picking up infamous definitely, and Arkham Asylum if I can find it used
Unread 07-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #8
Kim
adorable

Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.

Folklore had some good ideas, and enjoyment of the game varies a lot, but I'd say only buy it if you can find it on the cheap.

Nier is twelve hours of boring mediocrity spiced up with some decent moments and made bearable by the excellent characters, followed by eight hours of some of the best writing I've seen in a game. During those eight hours, the dialogue is excellent, the story is emotional as hell, and the music is just perfect.
Unread 07-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #9
The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk
War Incarnate

The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk's Avatar

The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier. The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via MSN to The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestarultor View Post
Sounds good to me.

I'll say that a couple must-haves are Folklore and Flower. Both are great games that make great use of the SixAxis.

Nier is also very good if you can stand a game that's nothing but depressing. It very much takes the stance that happy endings are for girls and the music alone puts me in a blue funk whenever my brother plays it.

White Knight Chronicles is also great and I don't get all the hate for it. Severely underrated.

I'll finish with Assassin's Creed II. If you liked the first one in any way, shape, or form, you'll love it. Or if you haven't played it, pick up the sequel anyway.
ORR, if you want some actually good gmaes, go with anything Seil said. Particular emphasis on God of War 3 (and maybe the GoW collection of the first 2 games as well) and Killzone 2 (though the multiplayer has gone to hell now).

inFamous is of course a must.

The Orange Box if you've never played it.

The first Uncharted is also really good.

Wipeout HD and the Fury expansion from the PSN for any and all racing needs you may require.

Borderlands too, if you enjoy fun.

Heavy Rain is also quite good, but you may want to just rent instead. It's not particularly long or replayable.

Transformers; War for Cybertron is also a great game.

There are plenty others, but those should do for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azisien View Post
"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR I AM A GIANT SPACE TURTLE!!!"
PSN - Hawk_of_Battle
The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk is offline Add to The Artist Formerly Known as Hawk's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #10
bluestarultor
Blue Psychic, Programmer

bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two. bluestarultor is one of Jay-Z's 99 problems. Possibly two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonCon View Post
Folklore had some good ideas, and enjoyment of the game varies a lot, but I'd say only buy it if you can find it on the cheap.
That's actually really easy at this point, too. I picked up my copy for like $20 at ShopKo, which is less than half the cost it was at launch. If you find a store that still carries it, chances are they're practically giving it away.

I'll admit your mileage may vary, though. The style isn't for everyone and the gameplay is a mix of button-mashing and using the SixAxis in frankly the best manner I can think of ever having seen (it's really involving), but that doesn't excuse the button-mashing.

It might take a while to get into it, but if you let it, the game will suck you in.
I'm gone from here for good. This place gave me many memories to take with me and shaped me greatly. I still care about you guys. I just can't stay.

Journal | Twitter | FF Wiki (Talk) | Projects | Site
bluestarultor is offline Add to bluestarultor's Reputation   Reply With Quote