The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 09-05-2004, 09:20 AM   #1
Kildare
The Legend

Kildare is an unknown quantity at this point.
Send a message via ICQ to Kildare Send a message via MSN to Kildare
Default The Secret of Castle Doom - Episode 1: The Fifth Horseman

"...And meet your destiny, Knight of Apocalypse." An aged and wise voice spoke from deep within the cowled robes of the man before him. It may seem a trick to the eye to Arthus, but it seemed to him that the light that shone around the figure was emitted DIRECTLY from the stranger, as if he was made ENTIRELY out of light.

"Who............are you?" Arthus, still in his zombie form, asked, slightly awed by the majestic presence of the stranger before him. Indeed, Arthus could feel the holy wave of energy that constantly poured out from him. It was nothing like Arthus had ever felt or witnessed before.

The stranger surveyed him for a moment's pause. "Who I am or what I am is not within your immediate concern. What you need to know, however, is what lies ahead of you." He told Arthus in a stern voice.

"But how do I know that I can trust you? How do I know that this is not some kind of trick? Arthus asked suspiciously, trying very hard to find some kind of fault or hint of evil within the cowled but shining figure.

"Was not what you had seen just a moment ago enough of a proof to you, Sir Knight? The man in the robe told him, obviously getting abit irritated. "You cannot afford to lose a powerful ally at this time and moment. As i have said before, the fate of the world hinges upon your actions from this day onward. Decide wrongly, and the world and all that inhabits it shall be no more."

Though not entirely convinced, Arthus wisely chose to "cooperate" with this mysterious figure for awhile before he made any form of judgement. Arthus could always kill him later should he prove treacherous. There's always a time for later.

"Well, before you explain what this is all about, how would you have me address you? Surely you would not have me "ally" with one without a name?" Arthus asked, hoping again to get more information regarding his "ally".

For a moment, there was utter silence as the cowled figure pondered his question. "You......" The stranger finally said. ".....may call me - Archael..."

RP Story Scribe
RP Story Knight
Kildare is offline Add to Kildare's Reputation  
Unread 09-06-2004, 10:28 PM   #2
Rhiya Ravenwing
Swallow and Roll Out!

Rhiya Ravenwing has a spectacular disco-style aura about.
Send a message via AIM to Rhiya Ravenwing Send a message via MSN to Rhiya Ravenwing Send a message via Yahoo to Rhiya Ravenwing Send a message via Skype™ to Rhiya Ravenwing

OOC: ehh, well, i guess I'll set forward the time for a bit.

Bic:
In the dim regions of the Forest Tirial, a moaning wind picked up, rattling through the heavy leaves of the forest. It was a week after the Battle of Castle Doom, and the survivors of the war were recovering slowly.

A black owl suddenly dropped from the skies, a mournful cry echoing into the encampment. As if whisps of feathers stripped from the bird, the shapeshifter changed even as she hit the soft earth, powerful legs flexing from the impact.

Wind straightened almost immediately, her white boot heels sinking slightly into the earth from her weight. Her blind eyes surveyed the camp unseeingly, before she leaned against a tree and waited. It's been a week. I wonder how Aeris is going? she wondered.

Shortly after she woke (3 days), fully recovered, she had left to explore thoroughly their whereabouts. seemed like that Wind had no real control to where the Mass Teleportation enchantment would dump them. But a forest was good. At least here, they could recover from the ordeal before planning what will happen next.

During the four days away from the encampment, she had made contact with the nearest civilization. The folk were friendly, and supplied information to their new whereabouts. Wind was lucky enough to teleport them all to a place where they spoke the same language.

Wind scented the air. Yep, Charcion was coming.

OOC: is Charcion still blind? Or has he acquired the same other sight like Wind?
Rhiya Ravenwing is offline Add to Rhiya Ravenwing's Reputation  
Unread 09-07-2004, 10:13 AM   #3
Obsolete57
Booyakasha!

Obsolete57 is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

OOC: He's not human, heals quickly, give him another week and he'll have his eyesight back. But until then he can use his sense of others auras.

BiC: Charcion was still stripped of his upper armor, and refused to don any of the Apocalypse Knights spare armor. He stalked silently toward Wind, his sword sheathed at his hip, red blindfold still in place. He spoke silently to her as he turned and stood next to her, "Any luck?"

"Yes," she muttered, "There is a village not too far away."

"Hmm. That's good. But we must leave soon." Charcion responded.

"Why?" Wind asked.

"I haven't slept in three days Wind... I can sense his armies... They are not destroyed therefore the necromancer still lives.... somewhere.... They approach our position even now. I fear they will be here by nightfall." With that, Charcion returned to be of any help he could to Aeris.
Unread 09-07-2004, 12:25 PM   #4
Kildare
The Legend

OOC: Try to let each person have their own posts first before you reply again. So, the only person who hasn't posted yet is Arhra. Let's make a rule here, you are only limited to a max two posts per "round". A round means that everyone has already posted their reply.

RP Story Scribe
RP Story Knight
Unread 09-07-2004, 06:39 PM   #5
Rhiya Ravenwing
Swallow and Roll Out!

Send a message via AIM to Rhiya Ravenwing Send a message via MSN to Rhiya Ravenwing Send a message via Yahoo to Rhiya Ravenwing Send a message via Skype™ to Rhiya Ravenwing

OOC: in that case, AHRA! POST I ORDER YOU! *threatens with stinky sox*

BIC:
Wind wondered about that. As she pondered, her left hand instinctively went to her chest, resting ever lightly on her heart. The pain resisted her recovery. She sighed and looked down at her own spiritual body. The part of her missing soul throbbed with fire. Sometimes, when she was flying, she would be seized by an unbearable fire that almost displaced her from the air.

She cursed silently, before her senses picked up the scent of an approaching apocalypse Knight.

"... Yes?" Wind asked cautiously. The Knight bowed his head slightly.
"I found something you might like to see. It's.... strange, to say the least," the Knight hesitated.
"Show me," Wind pushed herself away from the tree and followed the man's steps, quarterstaff in hand.
Unread 09-08-2004, 05:35 AM   #6
Arhra
Ara ara!

Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via AIM to Arhra

OOC: I'll leave hints of impending doom for later. For now, character introduction!

The knight shows Wind out past the perimeter of the knight's camp. They both move silently, the knight having said the disturbance seems to be some sort of animal. As they creep closer they can hear faint rustlings ahead of them and the knight briefly catches a glimpse of some humanoid shape. If Wind senses anything she gives no sign. Whatever it is, it seems curious about them, lurking in the bushes nearby, but evidently unaware that its been spotted.

OOC: Just some info for the inevitable 'unmasking'. He's human but its hard to tell from the grime and the leather and fur clothes he's wearing. He's a bit.. feral. Fun eh?
Arhra is offline Add to Arhra's Reputation  
Unread 09-08-2004, 06:01 AM   #7
Rhiya Ravenwing
Swallow and Roll Out!

OOC: well, I’ll have to assume then, shall I?

BIC:
Wind had sensed the young boy’s spiritual auras long before she was even close to the child. She smelt curiosity, maybe a little fear. As she tasted the air with a sensitive nose, she was struck at how peculiar the smell was. Something… strange. Well, the boy isn’t normal, Wind chuckled inwardly. Outward, she winced slightly as a stab of pain curled her fingers momentarily. The knight noticed, and looked worried.
“It’s nothing,” Wind dismissed her pain. Her sharp ears were still focused on the male that hid himself poorly in the forest around them. She wondered, at that moment, if whoever it was could speak.
Instead of speaking in proper human language, Wind startled the Knight and perhaps the boy with a guttural, feral language. A perhaps universal language for all animals.

“<I know you’re there, child. Come out. We won’t hurt you,>” Wind spoke in “common feral”

OOC: let’s just say that as a shapeshifter, she’s picked up some nifty language skills
Unread 09-08-2004, 06:06 AM   #8
Kildare
The Legend

Archael..... The strange man's name echoed in Arthus' mind. Archael......Arthus was familiar with the name, but he did not recognize it's true meaning. He had heard the name mentioned a few times amongst the Archmages of Azeria, as well as in some of their more sacred texts. The name Archael, if he remembered correctly, meant "Lord of Magic", in the tongue of the Magi. In other languages, the name Archael has different interpretations as well, but all points to one single word. Magic.

"Now that we've been properly introduced," Archael continued. "Let me tell you of a tale long past..........and your impending destiny...."

RP Story Scribe
RP Story Knight
Unread 09-08-2004, 06:47 AM   #9
Arhra
Ara ara!

Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier. Arhra is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via AIM to Arhra

OOC: Hmm, convenient that. Time to pull out my own speech-stuff. I'll assume there is something a little like mindspeaking involved and there's also concept-word-images that don't turn up in the human language.

Wind is a little surprised when the youth replies quite fluently in the same language. <Safe? The not *pack*(?) are here. Are they your *pack*?> Getting an affirmative form Wind - the full situation would be rather more complex to explain - he emerges from the bushes. He seems quite thin, but not unhealthily so and doesn't seem to be particularily old, not quite an adult but not a child either. He seems to be fairly dark of skin, though it is hard to tell if its from grime or is natural. His hair is quite long, suggesting it hasn't been cut in a considerable time and he is wearing leather clothing, fairly well made if a bit crude and mottled in appearance. He seems to blend in with the forest around him, clearly a part of it. He fixes his bright green eyes upon Wind as he says, <My name is Shuren.>
Arhra is offline Add to Arhra's Reputation  
Unread 09-08-2004, 07:47 AM   #10
Rhiya Ravenwing
Swallow and Roll Out!

OOC: yes, that's what I'm thinking along the lines of too. Animal noises mixed with a little telepathy. Does he speak english though?

BIC: Wind fixed an appraising look on the boy.
"<Greetings, Stranger,>" she said, using a... "formal" way of saying hello in feral. By now, she sensed utter confusion emanating from the Knight. She turned her blind eyes to him.
"Don't worry. He speaks a... different... type of language," she replied to his confusion. Evidently, the knight was surprised, as he had made sure he didn't show any of his emotions on his face. Turning back to the youth, she added.
"<My name is Wind,>" she used her casual name. But the youth's eyes narrowed slightly, and there was disbelief drawn in an overall emotion he projected unconsciously. But then he seemed to accept the name and move on. Wind introduced the Knight that accompanied her.
"<This is Daniel. Demon hunter,>" she once again used a formal term equivalent to a knight's status, then suddenly asked, "<Your scent is... peculiar. What *pack* are you from?>"