The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Playing Games
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 11-12-2016, 05:03 PM   #1
pochercoaster
rollerpocher tycoon

pochercoaster is the 13th apostle of funk. pochercoaster is the 13th apostle of funk. pochercoaster is the 13th apostle of funk. pochercoaster is the 13th apostle of funk. pochercoaster is the 13th apostle of funk. pochercoaster is the 13th apostle of funk. pochercoaster is the 13th apostle of funk. pochercoaster is the 13th apostle of funk. pochercoaster is the 13th apostle of funk. pochercoaster is the 13th apostle of funk. pochercoaster is the 13th apostle of funk.
Send a message via AIM to pochercoaster Send a message via MSN to pochercoaster
Default Ye olde open video games thread

Per Mumu's suggestion.

Talk about vidya games in here! What have you been playing?

(I will write a little more about my minecraft exploits and fails when I'm not about to work.)

Is anyone interested in watching me livestream some games (probably minecraft, but I'm open to suggestions) this Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday? I normally don't have much time to game but I randomly got a three day weekend.

Last edited by pochercoaster; 11-12-2016 at 05:17 PM.
pochercoaster is offline Add to pochercoaster's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2016, 05:14 PM   #2
shiney
Derrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history. shiney once spliced a monkey with a guinea pig, and well, the rest is history.
Send a message via AIM to shiney Send a message via Yahoo to shiney

Technically I should delete this since i beat you to it by ten minutes OHOHOHO

but this OP is way better than me being like "talk or, like, thing" so whatever

*runs away*

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Content post:

Got a ps4 pro Thursday and been playing uncharted 4. pretty good. gonna purchase atelier sophie soon and play that with the Rai-face and will yak about it. Looking forward to seeing what kind of weirdness the newest gen brings
Unread 11-12-2016, 05:49 PM   #3
Kim
adorable

Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.

So currently I'm playing Dishonored 2 which is pretty good so far. A lot of stuff to make nonviolence more viable and a lotta cool ladies. The one complaint I have so far is that Emily has a love interest you can find a note from but they game deliberately avoids saying what gender the love interest is, which feels like a copout. Like, its trying to make everyone happy it feels like and if you wanna make me happy just make her gay.

I've also been playing a lot of visual novels lately. Exclusively yuri ones. Most recent one I started is Stargazers, and before that were Negligee and Ne no Kami.

Ne no Kami

Negligee

The Stargazers

Last edited by Kim; 11-13-2016 at 12:58 AM.
Kim is offline Add to Kim's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2016, 06:00 PM   #4
MuMu
Rocky Wrench

MuMu can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. MuMu can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. MuMu can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. MuMu can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. MuMu can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. MuMu can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. MuMu can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. MuMu can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

I've been replaying Sleeping Dogs, which still is a great game but I probably won't be finishing it. I got this bad habit in open world games of doing all side content I can which is ok when you're playing the game for the first time but I'll probably get bored of it this time.

I'm up to watch streams most of the time, I find them really entertaining, specially when it's about a game I'll probably never play like Minecraft.
MuMu is offline Add to MuMu's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2016, 06:16 PM   #5
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

I recently beat the SNES remake of Dragon Quest. I haven't started up DQII, yet. Mostly because we watched that Rocket League documentary that came out recently, and I was like, "Why don't we own this game now?" Because it didn't have a Linux build until this September, that's why. So, I spent full price on a crash-prone Linux beta of a mostly online game that requires more of an internet connection than this county will ever have. But there's split-screen multiplayer that's entirely worth $20 if you have someone in the house to play with. Sure wish they'd hurry up with fixing the crash bugs.

And SIF eats up pretty much any spare time left over/carves hours out of my schedule to feed my need for cute anime and rhythm games.
Unread 11-12-2016, 07:10 PM   #6
Arcanum
Strike the Earth!

Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was. Arcanum would dive into a lake to save a drowning girl from a sinking car, without even stopping to think about how dangerous it was.

Been playing a lot of Titanfall 2. I had gotten tired of the shootbangs for a long while, with the last multiplayer FPS I put any significant time into being... shit I want to say Halo Reach or Team Fortress 2. But yeah it's been a long while since I've played the multiplayer component of a shooter. But holy shit is Titanfall 2 fun. The movement in that game is phenomenal and switching to other games made me feel slow and lethargic and craving more wall running.

Also the campaign is great, has some unique levels and mechanics and amazing set pieces. You're not getting an amazing story (obviously, it's a AAA FPS, the story is just there to move you along), but it's a short jaunt that feels amazing to play and doesn't overstay its welcome.

I've also been working my way through Thumper, a neat rhythm game where you play as a space beetle racing along a track. Except as cute as that sounds the game is absolutely brutal. The music, which I've seen described elsewhere as "oppressive" and I feel that's certainly a good term for it, is amazing. The commands/inputs start out reasonable in the first few levels and then they throw all of those learned mechanics at you all at once. It can get pretty tough, but the thrill and elation you feel when you clear a section of track on your first attempt is amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiney View Post
Content post:

Got a ps4 pro Thursday and been playing uncharted 4. pretty good. gonna purchase atelier sophie soon and play that with the Rai-face and will yak about it. Looking forward to seeing what kind of weirdness the newest gen brings
I also bought a PS4 pro, although mine's in the mail and I'll be getting it on Monday. I'm looking forward to finally playing Bloodborne, and am extremely excited for Final Fantasy XV later this month.

Last edited by Arcanum; 11-12-2016 at 07:14 PM.
Arcanum is offline Add to Arcanum's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2016, 07:54 PM   #7
BB
>-❥ Love Arrow, Shoot! ~💖

BB is the wind beneath your wings. BB is the wind beneath your wings. BB is the wind beneath your wings. BB is the wind beneath your wings.

I'll go into more detail in my Games Of 2016 thread due some time next month, but I've just finished playing through Ace Attorney 6 and I'm currently working my way through the Steam release of Tales Of Symphonia which I played to death as a teen. It's interesting to see how my opinions on the characters have changed since then.

I'm also playing the TF2 halloween event every day and, yes, SIF continues to be a part of my life.
Unread 11-12-2016, 08:36 PM   #8
Loyal
Making it happen.

Loyal has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Loyal has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Loyal has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Loyal has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Loyal has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Loyal has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Loyal has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Loyal has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Loyal has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Loyal has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare. Loyal has indicated, by your reading this, that they are now President and you have to fart gourmet mustard arugula into your Obamacare.
Send a message via AIM to Loyal Send a message via MSN to Loyal Send a message via Skype™ to Loyal

Got a PS4 recently along with a handful of games. I was briefly employed at Gamestop, so it all came reasonably cheap, all considered. Uncharted 4 was pretty solid all over. Infamous SS was fun, but I didn't like how the Smoke power was p.much obsolete by mid-endgame. Tropico 5 is alright. A bit obtuse in places that make being a dictator difficult, but the soundtrack is catchy as hell.

Just Cause 3 is fantastic. A bit repetitive in some ways, but the gameplay is extremely satisfying so it more than makes up for it. I've bought, but have yet to play, Tales of Zestiria. That's because Disgaea 5 is god damn take me away from this already I can't stop

In non-Playstation news, recently Particle Fleet: Emergence got released, which is a really fun indie RTS game by the guy who did Creeper World. I heartily recommend it for anyone who likes fighting spaceships.

Quote:
I'm currently working my way through the Steam release of Tales Of Symphonia which I played to death as a teen. It's interesting to see how my opinions on the characters have changed since then.
From what I heard the port was pretty choppy in places? Is that true?
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Tumblr. Twitter. Feel free to follow.
3DS Friend Code: 4441-8226-8387

Loyal is offline Add to Loyal's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2016, 10:44 PM   #9
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire

Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way.
Send a message via AIM to Solid Snake
Fun

If any of y'all are new to the Playstation community, be sure to friend me at RyotaroDojima, that's my PSN name.

I've finally gotten around to the PS3 versions of Saints Row The Third (which I just completed) and Saints Row IV (which I've just started.) It's...okay? A lot of the humor is a bit too juvenile for my tastes and the graphics have not aged well at all, but that may be related to a different problem I'm having with my TV that I've posted about here. (That or the PS3 versions of these games might just look worse than their PC counterparts, and I may be watching PC footage on Youtube and comparing / contrasting things all wrong.)

I've also recently finished Cold Steel II and I strongly recommend that title. Just be sure to play the first one first (even though the first one is not quite as great), it's a direct sequel and you'll be lost without the backstory.

I actually think it ultimately does Persona's social links system even better than Persona 4 did, with supporting characters who generally have more agency and who are more independent. Also, you can't roleplay Rean as a womanizing jerk who deceives multiple girlfriends into manipulative relationships without consequences, that helps too. The cast is pretty phenomenal all around and, while just about everyone in the cast (male or female, older or younger) are all crushing on Rean something fierce, it still manages to avoid some of the most ludicrous tropes you'd expect from the harem genre. I've written a lot about Cold Steel on other forums and, if I were some sort of videogame journalist, I'd want to write an article or two about it.

Finally, I haven't played all too much Civilization VI lately but it's excellent, and if you ever have spare time and want to hit me up on Civ VI multiplayer, let me know. I find that it's an improvement over V, with more depth over city and territory management with new districts to control. Games also seem a bit shorter, which is great for a vigorous multiplayer community.

Root Letter is arriving soon and I'm saving that for a time when I'm traveling and only have my Vita, but I've heard great things. It's basically Phoenix Wright style mechanics in a more 'realistic' VN setting, but you're not an attorney, you're just a regular guy looking for a friend who's gone missing, and all her friends are potentially suspicious suspects and witnesses you interrogate and maybe befriend along the way.
Unread 11-12-2016, 11:31 PM   #10
Flarecobra
Burn.

Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years. Flarecobra has apparently made an impact on one or two people over the years.
Send a message via AIM to Flarecobra Send a message via Yahoo to Flarecobra

Been playing around in Star Trek Online, in terms of multiplayer games. Was in a Pixelmon server on Minecraft for a spell, but the server is currentally in the middle of a move and currentally unavalable. Singleplayer-wise, reloaded Knights of the Old Republic 1, and also been attempting the DLC for Party Hard *Mutters something about damn dogs* as well as enjoying a little Ragnarok Clicker for idle fun.

Rules. Read them, know them, love them.
Flarecobra is offline Add to Flarecobra's Reputation   Reply With Quote