The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 06-03-2006, 05:43 PM   #1
Mashirosen
Watch closely!

Mashirosen is a name known to all, except that guy. Mashirosen is a name known to all, except that guy.
Default Doctor...who?: the US Viewers' Thread

Does what it says on the label! Talk about Sci-Fi Channel's broadcast of the first season of the new Doctor Who series here.

UK VIEWERS WHO MIGHT BE BROWSING THIS THREAD TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SERIES: UNTIL AN EPISODE HAS AIRED IN THE US, CONSIDER IT AND ANY EPISODES AFTER IT AS SPOILERS. YOU CAN EASILY FIND WHICH EPISODES HAVE AIRED BY CHECKING SCI-FI CHANNEL'S WHO SITE, OR BY PAYING ATTENTION TO WHAT OTHER POSTERS ARE TALKING ABOUT. THIS GOES DOUBLE FOR ANYTHING ABOUT THE SECOND SEASON UNTIL IT BEGINS AIRING IN THE US, AT WHICH TIME YOU MAY DISCUSS PLOT POINTS OF THE EPISODES AS THEY AIR. I AM SO TIRED OF HAVING TO EXPLAIN THIS I COULD PUT A COLANDER ON MY HEAD, GRAB A LASER POINTER, AND START SCREAMING "EXTERMINATE". DON'T MAKE ME TOILET PLUNGER YOU.

...Cough. So anyway, carry on, chips and sonic screwdrivers for all. And if you don't want to get spoiled, don't go peeking in the UK Viewers' thread, because I'm not going to give a crap about your crying if you do.
Unread 06-03-2006, 05:52 PM   #2
Burkion
Sent to the cornfield

Burkion is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

By the by, I know some certain things about Season Two that I'll keep to myself, but I will say this: I have yet to find an episode I hated.

Which is a god damned landmark.
Burkion is offline Add to Burkion's Reputation  
Unread 06-03-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
Mashirosen
Watch closely!

Mashirosen is a name known to all, except that guy. Mashirosen is a name known to all, except that guy.

Just a note: the next episode to air on Sci-Fi will be "the Parting of the Ways", the first season finale. Are y'all excited?
Unread 06-03-2006, 06:11 PM   #4
dposse
Dominus of Megadues

dposse is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to dposse Send a message via Yahoo to dposse

Mashirosen: For the record, having two threads is pointless and stupid. But you're the mod. whatever.

Anyway, i can't wait for next weeks season finale.
Unread 06-03-2006, 06:50 PM   #5
catlover20410
Computer mage-in-training

catlover20410 is on the way to destruction.
Send a message via Yahoo to catlover20410

No it isn't. The british are a season ahead of us.
Knowing BM as we do, if he saw his baby sister bitten by a dire elk, he would turn and walk the other way, before the elk noticed him. But what if the baby sister didn't die, and was found by travelers who deposited her with some tree hugging hippies in white robes? For all we know, White Mage could be Black Mage's long lost sister.
catlover20410 is offline Add to catlover20410's Reputation  
Unread 06-03-2006, 08:03 PM   #6
Roy_D_Mylote
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Roy_D_Mylote has a spectacular disco-style aura about.
Send a message via AIM to Roy_D_Mylote

Man, the monologue thingie at the end with the Doctor saying he was going to save Rose was just awesomes.
Unread 06-03-2006, 08:49 PM   #7
Mashirosen
Watch closely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dposse
Mashirosen: For the record, having two threads is pointless and stupid. But you're the mod. whatever.
Your gracefully-worded comments have been noted, and in a common spirit of mutual respect I cordially invite you to bite me. When the last thread started and there was a problem with people remembering to tag spoilers, I asked if people would like two separate threads. Most people said yes, they'd like that, but you said no, you'd like just the one thread and that people would remember. And then they didn't, so I fixed the problem. If you bring this up again in any way, I will solve the problem of your having to cope with my unbearable stupidity on a permanent basis.

Moving on.
Unread 06-03-2006, 09:57 PM   #8
Althane
I like to move it move it!

Althane is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

*Sigs Mashiro's first sentence*

Mwehehhe.

Thanks Mashiro, now I won't have to read spoilers that some people ignore.

Anyways, yeah, the Doctor's monologing was great. I'd seen that part of the episode before, but DAMN it was even better in the full episode!

The Sci-Fi channel really did ruin the surprise though. Plus they put parts of the last episode in their previews, so that just screwed it up even more. Bastards.

*wishes he could Sig all of Mashiro's post*
Althane is offline Add to Althane's Reputation  
Unread 06-04-2006, 02:13 AM   #9
Living Bobbeh
That's NumberWang!

Living Bobbeh is like one of those neat quartz stones you find at the beach.
Send a message via AIM to Living Bobbeh Send a message via MSN to Living Bobbeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Althane
The Sci-Fi channel really did ruin the surprise though. Plus they put parts of the last episode in their previews, so that just screwed it up even more. Bastards.
Aha, you guys have to suffer with that as well! I hate the Beeb for showing us too much of next week's episode. They had a advert during the week practicly showing the remainder of the second series, for about 10 minutes. Didn't need to watch the rest of the series, it was all there in condenced form...

Is that ok? Nothing to do with Doctor or the/a plot. Just the respective channels over-advertising...
Unread 06-09-2006, 09:00 PM   #10
Roy_D_Mylote
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Roy_D_Mylote has a spectacular disco-style aura about.
Send a message via AIM to Roy_D_Mylote

I wish, just once, when characters on a TV show are gonna send themselves a message in time, it would be something simple like "Don't touch the fucking red button," instead of a number or one word.

But anyway, New Doctor looks awesome.