The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 02-03-2004, 10:44 AM   #1
Devon Lake
Male Girly Girl

Devon Lake is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via MSN to Devon Lake
Default Boston Convention

As a girl of Ottawa:

I had to get out the old temperature converter to understand that Fahrenheit jibberish you foreign aliens use, but might I say:
*uncontrollable giggling*

You find this "4" degrees cold? Are your skin cells like miniature light bulb which spontaneously radiate out all of their energy or something? I swear, I honestly remember last year going it in "4" degrees at school during reccess in a t-shirt because I found it refreshing. In elementary school, they used to force us outside thrice a day for reccess at "-22" degrees.

I have this theory that hot weather makes me people lazy... They can't expend as much energy because it makes them hot, and thus, like lizards, they try to do nothing as much as possible while the sun's radiation melts their brain and gives them that strange southern accent (I'm assuming it's pathology... How could it have caught on by popularity?) If Brian moved up to the one of the Canadian Territories, I'll bet he'd make 20 comics a day to stay warm and we'd all be giggly with glee.
Unread 02-03-2004, 11:16 AM   #2
Xelopheris

Hahaha, 4 degrees. Try -60 Celcius! With the windchill a couple weeks ago, that's what it got to in my hometown!
Add to Xelopheris's Reputation  
Unread 02-03-2004, 11:23 AM   #3
AnonCastillo
Heathen

AnonCastillo is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon Lake
If Brian moved up to the one of the Canadian Territories, I'll bet he'd make 20 comics a day to stay warm and we'd all be giggly with glee.
I hereby announce that I will be kidnapping Brian and depositing him on Devon's door.

Wait, no, then he might start thinking that gun control and nationalized health care and such are good things. Darn Canadians! Can't live with 'em, and there's nothing up there worth taking over (unless you like snow and rocks).

But, yeah, Brian's probably just lazy because of the heat. I mean, we've gotten over a foot of snow here in Omaha over the last week or so, and I don't think it's gotten above 5 fahrenheit (which I think is like -15 celcius) since it started, and you don't hear me complaining. It's certainly better than 110 degree summers with extreme humidity (like 45 celcius? I dunno) like they have in Florida. Our bodies produce too much heat to stay in climates above our body temperatures for too long.
Unread 02-03-2004, 12:20 PM   #4
In Hindsight

Quote:
This is not the 1600s, folks. There are many places to go and much easier ways to live.
Heh, after our reaction to winning the Super Bowl in Boston, I'm not so sure anyone else would want to have us
Add to In Hindsight's Reputation  
Unread 02-03-2004, 12:33 PM   #5
Cid Highwind
Park the car well out of sight...

Cid Highwind will become famous soon enough. Eventually. Maybe.

Come on now, Ive experienced frostbite twice in my life, and not even felt it. Steel-Toe Boots in a foot of snow is a BAD idea, kiddies.
I say we stick Brian somewhere up north, so he bitches in the most humorous way for months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthfiend View Post
Oh how I yearn to scale those airy peaks of douchehood. But alas it remains but a dream.
Cid Highwind is offline Add to Cid Highwind's Reputation  
Unread 02-03-2004, 12:41 PM   #6
Outbounder
Legendary

Outbounder is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Outbounder

I like living in Missouri. We get really hot, and really cold. Once you start getting sick of one, it's time for the other.
Unread 02-03-2004, 01:07 PM   #7
Ralvuimago
Y'all

Ralvuimago is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.
Send a message via AIM to Ralvuimago Send a message via Yahoo to Ralvuimago

I'd like to see all of you come down here and live through our hellish 110 degree summers. Then who'd be bitchin' about the weather?
Unread 02-03-2004, 01:20 PM   #8
Atma
Son of a Submariner

Atma is an unknown quantity at this point.

4 degrees? Ha! That's nothin'. I take walks in 4 degree weather. I have picnics in 4 degree weater. I sleep in 4 degree weather. I run marathons in 4 degree weather. I laugh at your torment Brian, for being weak against such pathetic cold. Hahahahahahahahahaha!

100+ degree summers, though, is another matter entirely.
Atma is offline Add to Atma's Reputation  
Unread 02-03-2004, 01:24 PM   #9
AnonCastillo
Heathen

AnonCastillo is reputed to be..repu..tational. Yes.

Well, I grew up in Las Vegas, where you were lucky if it was only 110 degrees during the daytime in the summer. I used to do yard work in 120+ degree heat for an hour at a time when I was a kid. Thing is, it was a dry heat. Then, I moved to Omaha. We have this thing here called humidity.... makes 90 feel like 140. Now, I do the smart thing and stay indoors in the daytime in summer.
Unread 02-03-2004, 01:34 PM   #10
Mashirosen
Watch closely!

Mashirosen is a name known to all, except that guy. Mashirosen is a name known to all, except that guy.

Did y'all walk to school in the snow, uphill both ways? ;P