The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Dead threads
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 12-28-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
Tev
Funka has spoken!

Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know!
Default The Spirit

So really? The movie's been out for three-ish days now and there's been no talk about it here?

I personally loved it, despite its terrible reviews in our local news media. I went expecting to see a great gritty action movie......what I got was one of the funniest damn gritty action movies I've seen in forever.

The fight scenes were golden, the dialogue was catchy and awkward in that funny way that I enjoy.....oh and The Spirit makes an awesome speech about how his enemies have guns and knives but his City loves him, and it will provide for him.....and then he packs a snowball and throws it at a guy!

Most favorite line? It smells like dentist in here....and......Nazi?

I am thoroughly of the belief that Samuel L Jackson has hit that point in his carrier where he really is just in the business for the fun of it. I am well pleased.

I have spoken.

Last edited by Tev; 12-28-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Tev is offline Add to Tev's Reputation  
Unread 12-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
Bells
That's so PC of you

Location: In a Server-sided Dimension where time is meaningless
Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay! Bells slew the jabberwocky! Callooh! Callay!
Send a message via MSN to Bells Send a message via Skype™ to Bells

as far as i could see up to now, all reviews have been terrible about this... like, REALLY bad...

Still haven't seen it, but i feel asleep during Sin City, so im not sure yet...

And just so because somebody is going to ask... how are the "whores" in this?

Bells is offline Add to Bells's Reputation  
Unread 12-28-2008, 02:30 PM   #3
Tev
Funka has spoken!

Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellsouth Minion View Post
And just so because somebody is going to ask... how are the "whores" in this?
Um....one? The Spirit is -like- a male whore I guess.....

Lesse here:
Octopus's Assistant girl "Floss?" - Not a whore.
Sans Serif "Old love interest turned thief" - Kinda a whore....but mostly in dress and not much else.
The Doctor lady that loved Spirit - Not a whore at all.
Plaster of Paris "The odd belly dancing sword girl" - Not a whore?
That one police girl - Not at all a whore.

So yeah, other that the Spirit loving it up on everything with boobs.....none of the women were actually very whorish at all.

EDIT: oh wait DEATH! - Such a damn whore!

I have spoken.
Tev is offline Add to Tev's Reputation  
Unread 12-28-2008, 05:14 PM   #4
PCD
Fate Averted

PCD can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. PCD can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. PCD can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. PCD can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. PCD can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. PCD can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. PCD can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Send a message via AIM to PCD Send a message via Skype™ to PCD

It was entertaining. I enjoyed myself, at the least. But I don't think it was worth $8.75.

I really didn't care much about Spirit. He was all about superhero cliches, drama, and exposition, and I just didn't really have any interest in his character. And the whole pimp thing he did was really more obnoxious than anything else. "LOOK AT THIS MAN. HE LIKES WOMEN. WOMEN LIKE HIM. HE HAS LOTS OF SEX. LOOK AT ALL THESE WOMEN. HE HAS SEX WITH THEM. DO YOU SEE?"

I definitely had more fun with Samuel in this one. I wanted more of his egg thing and the clone dudes. I have the sneaking suspicion that they just wanted an excuse to put him in a Nazi outfit, and see how much they could get him to talk about eggs.
PCD is offline Add to PCD's Reputation  
Unread 12-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #5
BitVyper
History's Strongest Dilettante

BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! BitVyper will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday!
Send a message via AIM to BitVyper

I enjoyed it, anyway. Liked Spirit's voice. He got low and gravelly without sounding like he needed a lozenge (looking at YOU, Batman).
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea is asleep, and the rivers dream. People made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace; we've got work to do!"

Awesome art be here.
BitVyper is offline Add to BitVyper's Reputation  
Unread 12-28-2008, 06:12 PM   #6
Seil
Super stressed!

Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana. Seil is like, the Tom Brady of NPF.  Okay.  Joe Montana.

Lozenge? Try throat chuncks.
Seil is offline Add to Seil's Reputation  
Unread 12-28-2008, 07:01 PM   #7
Lumenskir
Speed-Suit

Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Lumenskir bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.

The A.V. Club's review basically called this the second coming of Batman&Robin, only saved from an F grade because of all the female eye-candy. I think that's my favorite part of the movie, so far.
People living through a golden age often donít know. And itís important that they do, because this golden age, as with all the ones that lie behind us, depends on patronage. If enough people lament the death of culture, culture will die, no matter how sophisticated our means of disseminating it.
Lumenskir is offline Add to Lumenskir's Reputation  
Unread 12-28-2008, 07:26 PM   #8
Mr.Bookworm
YYYEEEEEAAAAAAHHH

Mr.Bookworm can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mr.Bookworm can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mr.Bookworm can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mr.Bookworm can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mr.Bookworm can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mr.Bookworm can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mr.Bookworm can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Mr.Bookworm can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Send a message via AIM to Mr.Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumenskir View Post
The A.V. Club's review basically called this the second coming of Batman&Robin, only saved from an F grade because of all the female eye-candy. I think that's my favorite part of the movie, so far.
I hope so.

Batman and Robin is totally awesome in a totally campy way.
Mr.Bookworm is offline Add to Mr.Bookworm's Reputation  
Unread 12-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #9
Jagos
FRONT KICK OF DOOM!

Jagos can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Jagos can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Jagos can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Jagos can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Jagos can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Jagos can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Jagos can see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Send a message via Yahoo to Jagos

#1 Samuel L Jackson in Nazi Uniform. That is some Balls right there...

#2 Scarlet Johanssen... HOT

You don't need much else. But I'm giving this a B-. This is a good DVD rental, not worth watching in theaters.
Jagos is offline Add to Jagos's Reputation  
Unread 12-28-2008, 11:02 PM   #10
TDK
Sent to the cornfield

TDK is like Reed Richards, but prettier. TDK is like Reed Richards, but prettier. TDK is like Reed Richards, but prettier. TDK is like Reed Richards, but prettier. TDK is like Reed Richards, but prettier. TDK is like Reed Richards, but prettier. TDK is like Reed Richards, but prettier.
Send a message via AIM to TDK Send a message via MSN to TDK

I saw it, loved it. The campiness and absurdity were awesome, and Samuel L. was hilarious as Octopus. It was a great movie in general.
TDK is offline Add to TDK's Reputation