The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > News and current events
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 11-15-2016, 08:23 PM   #621
Nikose Tyris
Trash Goblin

Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday!
Send a message via AIM to Nikose Tyris Send a message via MSN to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Yahoo to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Skype™ to Nikose Tyris

https://www.greatagain.gov/serve-america.html

Look at how open this is. There's zero vetting process. Anyone could apply for any position, anyone at all. It's going to be tons of scandals and leaked info immediately, especially if someone feeling purposely malicious decided to apply.
Nikose Tyris is offline Add to Nikose Tyris's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2016, 11:40 PM   #622
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire

Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way.
Send a message via AIM to Solid Snake
Default I'm just going to keep posting random stuff so my new avatar is everywhere *REM* =)

We've entered into a strange new parallel universe where when I'll find news articles about Glenn Beck I'll read most of them, somberly nod and say, "Help us, save us from the alt-right Glenn Beck."
What the fuck have we done
Unread 11-16-2016, 08:25 AM   #623
Ryanderman
Beard of Leadership

Ryanderman bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Ryanderman bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Ryanderman bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Ryanderman bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Ryanderman bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Ryanderman bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.
Send a message via AIM to Ryanderman

Just remember, this is kind of all Glenn Beck's fault. He was a huge part of creating the Tea Party.

I hope he realizes that and it haunts him.
Unread 11-16-2016, 10:34 AM   #624
Tev
Funka has spoken!

Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikose Tyris View Post
https://www.greatagain.gov/serve-america.html

Look at how open this is. There's zero vetting process. Anyone could apply for any position, anyone at all. It's going to be tons of scandals and leaked info immediately, especially if someone feeling purposely malicious decided to apply.
Wait...how is this zero vetting?

Quote:
For most applicants under serious consideration:
  • A full FBI background check in which an applicants history of employment, personal, travel, medical, financial, legal, military and education background will likely take.
  • Consideration is taken for possible conflicts of interest. Financial holdings and sources of income must be disclosed.Any conflicts must be remedied by divestiture, the creation of special trusts, and other actions.
  • Many appointees’ dealings with the Federal government both during and for a period of time after their service will be significantly restricted to prevent possible conflicts of interest.

APPLYING TO WORK IN THE ADMINISTRATION

All those wishing to apply for positions in the Trump-Pence Transition, Executive Office of the President, or a Federal Department, Agency or Commission should follow the instructions below:
  • Complete the online application and submit it electronically.You will be notified electronically once your information has been received.A record of your application will be maintained while the President is in office, and you will be considered for the position(s) or subject area(s) which you have expressed interest in whenever openings occur.
  • You will be asked fill out a Personal Data Statement if you are considered for a specific position. You will be asked about possible conflicts of interest deriving from your sources of income; all aspects of your personal and professional life, including organization which you belong or once belonged; speeches you may have given and books, articles and editorials you may have written; legal, administrative and regulatory proceedings to which you may have been a party; in short, anything that might embarrass the President or you if he should choose you for a position in his administration.
  • If you are considered for a nomination by the President Elect, you will be asked to complete FBI and financial disclosure forms for review and consideration. The types of forms you may be required to fill out are as follows: for National Security Positions (SF86) and for higher-level positions, the financial disclosure form, (SF278). Most appointees are required to file financial disclosure statements annually during their term of service.
  • If Senate confirmation is required for the position you are nominated for, the Senate committee that reviews those nominations may ask you to provide additional information.

One should assume that all of the information provided during this process is ultimately subject to public disclosure, if requested under the Freedom of Information Act.
This seems like a mostly copy/paste of a standard government application. I feel like I jumped through similar hoops when I applied for work as a State employee (and was ultimately not hired).

I have spoken.

Last edited by Tev; 11-16-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Tev is offline Add to Tev's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2016, 02:00 PM   #625
Nikose Tyris
Trash Goblin

Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday! Nikose Tyris will now be known as Freedom Friday, but still on a Tuesday!
Send a message via AIM to Nikose Tyris Send a message via MSN to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Yahoo to Nikose Tyris Send a message via Skype™ to Nikose Tyris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tev View Post
Wait...how is this zero vetting?

This seems like a mostly copy/paste of a standard government application. I feel like I jumped through similar hoops when I applied for work as a State employee (and was ultimately not hired).
It's pretty substantially different from the Obama version, and much of the form has been updated- it originally only listed the personal statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by original place I found the link and discussion
PROBLEM:
-THE TRUMP TEAM NEEDS TO FILL 3,000 VACANCIES IN THE NEXT TWO MONTHS.
WHOA, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN??
-they assumed the white house staff would be sticking around, because they never watched “the west wing” and also because they are GRADE A FUCKSTICKS WITH THE INTELLIGENCE OF DEAD PRAWNS, and thus not only do they not have policy papers written, they are also lacking an actual body of qualified staffers ready to slot into white house and related positions
-they have bupkis, frankly
-whole lotta nothing
SOLUTION:
-THEY HAVE PLACED AN OPEN CALL FOR STAFF APPLICATIONS ON THEIR WEBSITE
THAT’S NOT… VERY WEIRD, RIGHT? PEOPLE APPLIED TO WORK FOR OBAMA ONLINE
-yeah, and the website looked like this
-trump’s call for applications is a trainwreck. i assume it was written by one of trump’s three adult goblins. look at this paragraph:
“You will be asked fill out a Personal Data Statement if you are considered for a specific position. You will be asked about possible conflicts of interest… organization[s] which you belong or once belonged; speeches you may have given… legal, administrative and regulatory proceedings to which you may have been a party; in short, anything that might embarrass the President or you if he should choose you for a position in his administration…… If Senate confirmation is required for the position you are nominated for, the Senate committee that reviews those nominations may ask you to provide additional information.“
WAIT…. WHAT??
-just a little casual there, guys, huh? like…. the whole thing makes it sound like they don’t have a vetting team ready to go. it makes it feel like there’s no solid recruitment team or strategy in place and…
-oh my God, wait a second
-doesn’t that sound kind of like they’re asking people to vet themselves?
-maybe because they are so WOEFULLY, CATASTROPHICALLY SHORT-HANDED??????
-pun intended
WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN, ORANGE??
-well, i’m glad you asked, it could mean a lot of things
-firstly: i wouldn’t trust these sloppy motherfuckers to staff a lemonade stand
-secondly: like, YOU could go WORK FOR TRUMP, probably. they are mass-hiring, like a new denny’s franchise. like eight new denny’s franchises clustered around a single interstate exit, shivering in terror. is your head firmly affixed to your body? are you carbon-based?? they badly need people with those qualifications
-thirdly: it may also, eventually, mean that the trump white house is going to produce an unheard-of metric fuckton of personnel scandals in its first year, since there’s no voluntary, self-reporting “are you a serial murderer” box to tick
-also, do they not understand that people are going to apply just to fuck with them??? and waste their time???
-i don’t recommend it, honestly. i personally will not be submitting any private information to the trump team even as an obstructionist joke, because they are terrifying anti-semitic racist garbage-fucking hate trolls. i wouldn’t voluntarily give them the address of a shoe store. but if you choose to step up and play the game, have fun and be yourselves*
*technically you can be anyone you want, they DON’T APPEAR TO HAVE A VETTING TEAM YET
Nikose Tyris is offline Add to Nikose Tyris's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2016, 02:20 PM   #626
Tev
Funka has spoken!

Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know! Tev INVENTED reputation, you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by original place I found the link and discussion
You could have just said you found it on Tumblr.....

Most media outlets, in my still pretty liberal media bubble, are indeed reporting that various government agencies are unhappy with the pace and disorganization of the Trump transition teams, so much so that many are worried that important areas of the government won't be fully staffed when it come time to hand over power. That being said, the application process itself isn't that much of a disaster. The problem being cited more often than not is that there are not many qualified individuals who (rightly) even want to work for a Trump administration. This has left the transition teams scrambling for scraps and coming up days late and dollars short on all fronts. This will likely be the most bungled transition of power ever recorded in American history and it mostly boils down to Trump and his cronies being hated by pretty much every person who could competently run a government.

I have spoken.

Last edited by Tev; 11-16-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Tev is offline Add to Tev's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2016, 05:19 PM   #627
Premmy
Stop the hate

Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own. Premmy did away with the unicorn requirement and straight up farts rainbows on their own.
Send a message via AIM to Premmy Send a message via Yahoo to Premmy
Default Make Steel and Stone of Your Flesh and Bone.

Harden Yourself.

This country has openly declared it's desire not only to destroy all of us, but itself. The time for "saving" is over. It WILL die and you can either die with it or be strong enough to survive it. In a world of nukes and drones and war machines of infinite destruction, Weapons are meaningless but Armor can save your life. If they want to build walls, we can only build them ourselves, miles high and covered with spikes. Fight to get back on the right path if you feel you must but do not be so foolish to think of it as anything other than Plan B.

Become Stronger Band Together. And do not expect things to get "better". Change has occurred and we need to view it realistically and pragmatically. The overall goal of your life can't be to be "Happy" but to help each other. Your descendants WILL live in a world without blue skies and they will find beauty in whatever they can but if this and Brexit has taught us anything it's the danger of holding on to the past.
Live with it. Face it. Embrace it. Take Strength in the lives of those you cling to.

Accept that anyone on the other side of the walls we build WILL die and kill each other. They've abolished goodness and empathy in this empire and we have to deal with that now. Build your communities, protect them, let the empire die around you. Learn from their mistakes. Understand that the core ideology that built this empire is what inevitably caused it's death. the unwillingness to live as an actual community, oppression, bigotry, selfishness. Let those go but do not extend kindness to the outside. When it's done we can come out but we must become a mountain and let the storm that is the United States blow itself out.

They said they want to die. Believe them. Respect their wishes.
Unread 11-16-2016, 06:03 PM   #628
Kim
adorable

Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them. Kim will strap all reputation givers to balloons and kidnap them.

If something doesn't happen to prevent this I'll probably just commit suicide. I'm not strong enough to weather it and I never will be. That's not the sort of person I am. Even nowadays I struggle to not self harm and I deal with suicidal thoughts pretty regularly. At least suicide gives me some degree of control and say-so over how I die. It gives me the opportunity to tell people goodbye first too. I hope something pulls us back from the brink but fascism is growing throughout the world and I don't want to see just how bad things will get.
Unread 11-16-2016, 08:37 PM   #629
Overcast
Cinderella

Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted. Overcast bakes the most delicious cookies you've ever tasted.
Send a message via AIM to Overcast Send a message via MSN to Overcast Send a message via Yahoo to Overcast

We'll need you in the future Kim, but I'm nobody at my heart. And its your body at the end of the day, but I hope not to lose anyone permanently to a temporary thing.
Unread 11-16-2016, 08:46 PM   #630
Solid Snake
Erotic Esquire

Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way. Solid Snake didn't even know you could use a corkscrew in that way.
Send a message via AIM to Solid Snake
Default What was once Up is now Down

A strange outcome of this bizarre election has been witnessing ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT community who are friends on Facebook express an appreciation for the Second Amendment insofar as many of them are considering arming themselves to feel safe and protect themselves against empowered bigots.

I'm not saying I'm going to buy a gun anytime soon myself, but then again, I am a privileged white cisgendered man who doesn't need to worry on a daily basis about my physical well-being in a Drumpf Administration in the same manner over tangible, real threats (as opposed to the abstract possibility of nuclear war, for example.)

It's just been interesting (and sad, mostly sad) to reflect upon.