The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Drawing, writing, and other art
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 10-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #21
Ryong
Professional Threadkiller

Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson. Ryong hacked the Gibson.
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryong

On the start menu itself:

If it's a PC game, just open directly to the new game load options exit screen. The "press start to play" is a console thing that got thrown into PC games for some reason.

It's like having a bunch of unskippable screens about your technology, company, engine and what GPU it works best on.
Ryong is offline Add to Ryong's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #22
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Send a message via MSN to Kyanbu The Legend

Alright guys thanks for the feedback.

Ryong, I'll set up the title screen your way.

Tomorrow will be a small update. Mainly just finishing setting up the remainder of "Black Towers" and the Tele Stations (Warp Rooms), as well as adjusting the map to fit a 64 px tall sprite.

Also I'm having trouble coming up with an interesting layout for "Neon City". And "Phantom Mannor/Mansion" is a bit tricky as well.

Sarina's sprite will probably be functional by late October/November.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 10-12-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #23
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Default Ah my English is terrible sometimes

Update:

D-Resonate Vol1 Pre-Alpha Concept Vers. 0.02 (No Sound)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbq72bww0r...no%20sound.swf

Odd glitch: For some reason, when you start up the game. You have to click on the title screen to get it to start responding to the contorls. This seems to be a "swf" thing. Nothing serious.

What's New:
- Black Towers map is now 90% complete. (Once it's finished I can start working on it's graphics/tiles)

-Warp points (Called Tele Stations) are set up at Neon Forrest AreaA1 to Black Towers Floor 5.

- Black Towers Floor 5 and Black Towers Rear Garden are now connected to one another through an area call "Outer Wall".

- Title Screen add. However due to time restraints (an unforseen series of family outings and chores) I have not changed the Title screen to say "Press Enter or Return" Instead of "Press Start". Till I change this later on, just remember "Start" = "Enter".

- Black Towers Basement/Dungeon is avaliable now. To get to it, simply travel to the far right of Black Towers Floor 1. This will take you to Black Towers Rear Garden. From there, simply go down the hole.

- Black Towers Floor 6 now has it's Boss and Save Rooms avaliable. There is no Boss yet (for obivous reasons) and Saving is not possible at the moment (partly because there's no need to right now).

- Later today I'll put up a "Europe" Version since making the controls changable is oddly enough a bit tricky for me. However I'll get it working soon and should have that ready by the end of the week though. It'll be in the "Options" menu once that too is ready later this week.

About "The Black Towers":

The Black Towers is a series of abandoned Towers built centuries ago out of mostly obsidian, but have long since fell out of use. Not being in use for many centuries, the towers are now covered in mosse and veggitation. With vines growing down from the ceiling, and stairways and platforms have crumble apart leaveing only rubble and broken stairways.

The Original purpose of the Towers have long since been forgotten. Although it's origin maybe be connected with Alterra, as despite being built on Earth in the middle of "Sleeping Island" the tower contains traces of Alterran Technology such as "Tele Stations" and "Mana Terminals".

Sorry for the shitty lure, I've just been meaning to explain what I was going to go for in terms of the design of the towers.

I should be able to start working on the graphics for that area sometime in January after winter break. Assuming I still have 9 hrs a days worth of free time. For the sake of my Wallet, I kinda hope I don't. XD

EDIT:
Almost forgot. The game now has a reset button, simply press the "R" Key at anytime in the game to reset it. You'll be sent back to the Title Screen.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 10-16-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #24
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

But am I a magic cat girl or a block?
Unread 10-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #25
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Sprite is still not ready. Sorry about that, it's taking longer then I perdicted.
Unread 10-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #26
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Default I can live stream now, GOD HELP US ALL!!!

Update:

Not much but it is worth mementioning.

1. Since Halloween is wednesday and my commission doesn't start till november. I should have Sarina's basic movement ready by Friday.

2. I can now live stream. From my laptop, still working on getting it to do so on my PC. Which is strange because they are both win 7 and while my laptop is more powerful (yes you heard me my PC is weaker then my new lap top) it shouldn't be a problem and yet it seems to be a problem. Odd.

This means I can also record and edit any footage captured on my pc/laptop. And yes I'm looking into recording software, and plan on getting a hoppog (I think that's how it's spelt) or Dazzel at some point in the future. And it could lead to me doing LPs in the near future.

So yeah that's something to look forward to... maybe... I'll have to see.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 10-26-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Unread 11-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #27
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update: Okay so things didn't exactly go as planned. But hey, that's life am I right?

Anyway just doing an update to so that this project is still being worked on and to share a bit of a concept for how the Story Mode might be handled.

Story Mode Concept #3 (I think this is number 3)

Following the advice I got early in the fall. I've shorten down the story a lot, and have split the main story into to scenarios. Which are Dash's Story and Sarina's Story. Each story will have two playable characters. Dash's story has Dash Stellar and Tsunadai Mitsurugi. Sarina's Story has Sarina Phantom and Queenie Aroma (the heroines from the ill-fated, poorly written "Mischief Knights"). Players will be able to switch between the two characters most of the time throughout each of the stories. Sometimes anywhere in real time.

Each of the four characters will have a unique play style based on Competitive Balance. With the possible exception of Queenie who's more gear towards multiform balance. (this is still being debated on rather or not the players will be able to use her shapeshifting/form-change powers. mostly due to the amount of time that would need to go into making her sprite sheets).

The secret bosses and bonus areas will be split up between the two stories.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 11-09-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #28
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Important Update:

Project D-Resonate now has it's own website.

I will still be posting info about it here though. The site is merely so that this project has a home. You can also see the full title for it there.

http://kyanbu.webs.com/project-d-resonate

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 11-11-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Unread 11-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #29
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

But you're gonna keep posting info here too, right? 'Cause I still ain't got my magical catgirl running around game yet.
Unread 11-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #30
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Yes info will still be posted here. I just needed another place to keep my notes online. In the events that NPF suddenly goes down/closes up shop for good.

So it's good to have multiple places to maintain updates on.

Also yeah sorry about the lack of concept build updates. November and December will be slow months due to weather, RL affairs, and my little sister being home from school more often.