The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Drawing, writing, and other art
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #41
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

Bud, sometimes you just gotta prioritize the lame stuff in life. Focus on getting some financial and spacial independence, then start up again.
Unread 04-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #42
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Send a message via MSN to Kyanbu The Legend

Yeah, right now things are such a mess it's gonna take over a year to get close to stable.

Might open up commissions and raise my prices to help with finace a bit. After studing and practicing life drawing and digital coloring for the past few months (and still continuing to do so). I think it's okay for me to charge a little more then the usual now.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------Why not, I might as well post what I've done as far as code goes. There are no new objects but I did finish a proto type layout of Black Towers and a play holder title screen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jywnas724...%20Sound.swf?m

Yeah the Alpha build is going to be an .exe format game. Flash is just the only format I can export the game in for free (Stencyl's little catch to using their development software).

The build still lacks sound, since I was going to work on composing tracks for it using Pyscle after I finished building the Alpha Build.

There is still no full sprite sheet for Sarina as that still hasn't been finished yet due to me being preoccupied with studing life drawing and digital coloring.

Controls are as follows (sorry I still couldnt' get a custom control set up to work yet so it's based on the USA PC KeyBoard).

Left and Right Arrow Keys = Jog/walk
Down Arrow Key = duck
X Key (while walking/Jogging) = Run
Down Arrow Key (while Running) = Slide
Z Key = Jump
Z Key (While in mid Air) = Double Jump (currently set to 999 as the maxed number of Jumps in the air that can be performed)

The Frame Rate is a near consistant 60fps. Drops to around 40fps when full screened though this drop doesn't always happen.

Concept Artwork will be up around May and will continued to be posted in this thread to keep it alive.

Someday I'll finish this game, I promise. This is too improtant to me to just let it die forever. Until then, enjoy the concept art and sketches that will be posted from now till that faithful day.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 04-11-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #43
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Default Update and yes as of now, development as resumed again

Just a brief update containing the plot for "D-Resonate: Castle of Dreams" for PC (and eventually Mac/Linux). This is not the final draft. Also we all know I fail at writing so this should be interesting to read. lol

"Set in May XX, 20XX on Lucid Island.

For the past 3 weeks, a series of mass, multiple, and strange disapparances have been occuring all over Lucid City. Each victim was abducted in the middle night followed by sounds of a high pitched whistle and a bright light. Leaving only claw marks and a strange spell cricle where they last stood. Among the victims is a young child of a wealthy family. Desperate to get their child back, the family offers a several million yen reward to any one guild or indivisual that can bring their child home safe. But with nearly 60% of the City's population missing, the only one to take the job is Sarina Phantom. A mischievous witch and duaghter of the famous and wealthy Magician of the Void "Volin Phantom" looking to make a quick high pay after her father cut her off from his fortune to teach her the meaning of the yen.

Vowing to have their child back by day break, Sarina sets off to The Black Towers. A mysterious ancient tower that has been appearing outside of Lucid City every night, ever since the abductions started. Rumored to have a connection to them. However Sarina isn't the only one investigating this strange incident."

More info soon.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #44
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Visual Arts

Update: The first of many concept works to come.

Grass tiles set 1 for the area "Waking Forest". ( this is a screen cap and not the actual file)

Details: Exactly 288, 32x32 tiles. On a 768x384 canvas. It's only a concept tile set and will serve as a place holder for the grass tiles for the area "Waking Forest" until I either make better ones, or decide to stick with this one. Like many concept designs that'll be shown here among a few other places. It may change before the final build.

Unread 05-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #45
phil_
Just sleeping

phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops. phil_ sucks!  Wait, rules.  Oops.
Send a message via AIM to phil_ Send a message via Skype™ to phil_

Do you need that many different grass tiles? Shouldn't, say, ten or so (to use an arbitrary number) be enough to keep things from looking the same if you randomize the order?
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #46
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Yes, but I do plan on expanding Waking Forest by a few rooms. And some of these may be used for other areas.
Unread 05-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #47
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update: Well kinda.

No pic today (black towers tile set 1 currently being worked on), and debating on rather or not to post my practice pics for rendering here.

But rather a bit of a concern. While reading up on cliches and things of the sort. I ran into one that might cause some trouble for Sarina Phantom.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...otWithAttitude

It's too early to really tell if the new version of Sarina will fall victim to this. But It is a shame that it's become that overused of a characteristic.

Might be able to write her character around it without being Sonic with breasts. Will have to post a few short test scripts and character traits at some point in the future to see if she's too much of this or not.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 05-04-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Unread 05-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #48
Satan's Onion
Swing You Sinners!

Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime. Satan's Onion once rocked so hard it's now a crime.
Send a message via AIM to Satan's Onion Send a message via MSN to Satan's Onion Send a message via Yahoo to Satan's Onion
Writing

With respect, Kyanbu, striving to be completely unique and original in every single respect is a good way to create utter garbage that's trying so hard to be special that it fails to tell an engaging story with interesting and relatable characters. Focus on doing that, and fuck worrying about how many tropes you invoke or don't.

Good evening, ladies. Please enter and be tained

Satan's Onion is offline Add to Satan's Onion's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #49
akaSM
:3

akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world. akaSM is a sparkling bit of joy and beauty in an otherwise harsh and uncaring world.
Send a message via MSN to akaSM Send a message via Yahoo to akaSM
Default Why not Knuckles with breasts? :V

Kyanbu, let me counter that link with one of my own:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...TropesAreTools
akaSM is offline Add to akaSM's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #50
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Yeah, I probably shouldn't stress out too much over rather or not a character is cliched.

Update:

Black Towers Tile Set 1 SC

Finally finished the 1st tile set for the Black Towers. The idea behind this area is a mysterious, mystical, rundown, tower that shares a connection with the Castle Of Dreams (Which I still havn't named yet) and the Phantasms (the enemies in the game). While the tower only appears at night, it's still centuries old. With moss, fungus, and other plant life grown/growing through the cracks and holes of the structure. Powered and lit up by old spell glyphs and ancient magic tech long since outdated and forgotten.

So far it'll like be one of the larger areas to explore. At the very least I don't plan on scraping any of the rooms already made for it. The big question would be how to make it worth taking a look around for a bit. Since the rest of the game's stages will be much more narrow, and semi-Linear (more the one route to take in each stage).

So as it stands it could end up standing out compared to the rest of the game. And could be a nice return point to stock up on powers ups (if I decided to go that route).

Like with the previous tile set. This is a placeholder, and might get altered or replaced before the final build.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 05-20-2013 at 10:24 AM.