The Warring States of NPF  

Go Back   The Warring States of NPF > Social > Drawing, writing, and other art
User Name
Password
Mark Forums Read
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Join Chat

View First Unread View First Unread   Click to unhide all tags.Click to hide all tags.  
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #21
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Send a message via MSN to Kyanbu The Legend

Update:

Summer Pic Mika 2013 CGHQC

A bit of an exception to the promise made for this thread.

This is also an attempt at practicing backgrounds. I think I may have screwed up the draw distance for this attempt though.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 06-18-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 03:17 AM   #22
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero. Kyanbu The Legend is a real American hero.
Default Debating on Commissions...

No commissions aren't open, but I am debating on it.

However the reason for it won't be for living costs. (I'm stable as far as that's concerned). It'd be solely for spend change and possibly funding towards upgrading my PC.

I debated about it for over a couple of weeks so far. And really I don't feel right opening up commissions. Not just because of time reasons but rather because it wouldn't be for a just cause or for living expenses. I guess not being broke so often could be a reason, but not a really good one. Same goes for opening up commissions to fund a new console or to help me jump into Card Fight Vanguard because by god those trail decks are ridiculously priced (almost $20 for a starter/theme deck...). or is yugioh super cheap? hmm... either way, it'd be a pretty selfish reason.

Yeah my prices due tend to be cheap, and new prices would probably be cheaper then my briefly raised prices. But now that I'm actually getting a bit competent at drawing. Those cheap prices might piss off another artist much better then me who could be charging more for a very life threating reason. And feel as though they are being cheated out of customers/clients.

My usual prices (well possible new prices if these don't match old prices) being:
Sketches 5$
Flat Colors (no BG/Simple BG) 7$
Rendered (no BG/Simple BG) 14$
Rendered (with detailed BG) $18 (depending on number of objects and amount of detailed requested)
$5 per character.

A long time ago, I read a journal on DA. From an artist that greatly hated when other artists charged extremely low prices. I always felt because of my low skill level. I could get away with charging less. But now that I kind of need to improve and have been improving at a steady pace. I'm slowly losing that "low quality/skill level" excuse. >_>

By this point, you are probably wondering what was the point of this post. Well I've been asked a few times before if I was doing commissions and I always said no. I never really gave a solid reason why. Well here it is.

The reason why I don't accept commissions anymore is because.

1. Between the game project in other things in life. I don't have the time to really dish these out in a timely manner. (I think I've stated this before)

2. The more you charge someone, the more they'll expect back. If I can't deliver, then well I basically make no money (have to refund to avoid trouble and because it's the right thing to do) and may have just wasted my time that could have been spent on the game project.

and 3. I can no longer justify it due to my interests towards becoming an indi game developer (at least as a hobby) and the super low prices that I'm quite attached to, may piss off some artists who might really need the money as oppose to my situation now. And the "my skill level is low" excuse is getting harder and harder to sell with each drawing I upload.

Last edited by Kyanbu The Legend; 07-08-2013 at 03:19 AM.
Kyanbu The Legend is offline Add to Kyanbu The Legend's Reputation   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #23
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Lovely Phantasm 2013 CGHQ

Just a quick CG of Ellen "Phantasma" Graves i made earlier in the month that's been sitting on my HDD till now.

Phantasma will be appearing in "D-Resonate: Castle of Dreams" (working title) PC/MAC/Linux game as an antagonist. Her profile can found here.

Ellen "Phantasma "Graves
Race: Phantom
Likes: The allure of the stage, Sarina, getting attention, acting
Dislikes: Critics
Bio: A (self-proclaimed) famous actress with a love for the stage. Phantasma dreams of being on the big screen. Loathing anyone who shoots down that dream. Because of her love for acting, it's often hard to figure out just who or what she truly is. This is made more difficult due to her ability to transform into other creatures. Phantasma specialize in Fire and Void based spells and attacks. Though this is hard to tell due to her eccentric and random nature.
Unread 08-31-2013, 09:34 PM   #24
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update: Meh why not.

Summer Pandora 2013 CGHQ
Unread 09-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #25
Bum Bill Bee
Boo Buddy

Bum Bill Bee is so pumped up.

I think the way you color and shade hair has come along quite nicely.
Unread 10-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #26
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Thank you.

Update:

Ex Sage Kage 2013 CGHQ

Have to say. out of all the characters I've created over the years. Kage is the one that's had the biggest redesign. And took the longest to do so with multiple failed/near failed attempts.

My reasons you may ask?
1. She didn't really look like a demon till now. Making it hard to pass her off as one. A problem that plagues my other anthro demons. But they won't get changed over it.
2. F*%$ drawing beaks!!! (seriously though the beak thing wasn't going to work out due to them being too stiff compared to lips when it comes to expression. Well without defying biology even more.)
3. This was originally suppose to be her ancient/one-winged-angel (trope) form. But that just sounded way too silly so... I just made it her default look.
4. She just seems more charismatic this way. which is useful considering she's suppose to be a Knight Templar/Anti-Villain Extremist (tropes) with good publicity.
5. I pretty much rewrote her bio, and scrapped a lot of old plot points and story arcs to make the games more sense-able, less fanfic silly, and actually possible to make on my low budget. Making a redesign necessary. Though her role as an anti-villain and being a former Sage is still being kept.

There are more reasons behind this decision but I'd basically be writing out a full several pages listing and explaining them all. So I'm just going to keep it brief.
Unread 10-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #27
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Happy Halloween 2013 V2 CGHQ

Why was V2 uploaded before V1? Well I liked this one more, and ended up working on it more then I originally intended too.

And now to get back to working on "D-Resonate: Sonata of the Phantasm".
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #28
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Happy Halloween V1 CGHQ

Another rare exception to my rule regarding what i upload here.

Sarina Attacks CGHQ

A CG of Sarina Phantom diving down towards her foe. Her claws surging with mana.

And before someone makes a G Gundam joke. Cause I know someone's going to do it.

16:9 wallpaper version can be seen here: http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps3b0e8917.png
Unread 12-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #29
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Marry Christmas 2013 V2 CGHQ

In Santa's defense, she did attack him on numerous occasions.

http://kyanbu.deviantart.com/art/Hap...etch-190826994
http://kyanbu.deviantart.com/art/Sar...1-CG-280336728
http://kyanbu.deviantart.com/art/Mar...G-V2-344266053
And Queenie is likely tired of having to save Christmas every time because of her.

Marry Christmas everyone and happy winter holidays!!!!
Unread 12-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #30
Kyanbu The Legend
Local Rookie Indie Dev

Update:

Valerie Gust 2 2013 CGCN

http://kyanbu.deviantart.com/art/Pri...-WIP-260771955
About a few months ago I said I'd reattempt that design. And ended up not completely doing so since I redesigned her outfit again. should have a pic of that up sometime later.